Start by marking “Welcome to Stalk Lake City (Rhea Jensen, #2)” as Want to Read:
Welcome to Stalk Lake City (Rhea Jensen, #2)

Welcome to Stalk Lake City (Rhea Jensen #2)

4.08  ·  Rating Details  ·  433 Ratings  ·  77 Reviews

Deciding to go "off grid" for a while, Rhea Jensen can think of no better place to disappear than Utah. She settles into a quiet Mormon lifestyleunless you count the skydiving, racecar driving, mountain climbing, and overly obsessive workouts. But when her best friend, Kay, tips her off to a stalking case, Rhea takes the job out of sheer boredom. Only then does Rhea realiz

Published August 15th 2004 by Spectrum

To ask other readers questions about Welcome to Stalk Lake City, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Welcome to Stalk Lake City

Princess Academy by Shannon HaleFablehaven by Brandon MullThe Goose Girl by Shannon HalePrincess of the Midnight Ball by Jessica Day GeorgePrincess of Glass by Jessica Day George
Books by Utah Authors
181st out of 734 books — 383 voters
Fablehaven by Brandon MullThe Goose Girl by Shannon HaleGrip of the Shadow Plague by Brandon MullRise of the Evening Star by Brandon MullSecrets of the Dragon Sanctuary by Brandon Mull
Best of LDS Fiction
108th out of 272 books — 252 voters

More lists with this book...

Inspired Kathy
Aug 09, 2010 Inspired Kathy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2010
Originally published in 2004 this book was just revised and rereleased.

I love this series. The books make me laugh out loud. Love the humor, the mystery, the romance. Great LDS literature!

Rachael Anderson
Oct 03, 2010 Rachael Anderson rated it it was amazing
Not only is the book well-written, but it's funny, entertaining, clever, and one you can't put down. Can't wait to read the next one!
Katy
Jan 31, 2009 Katy rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: LDS members
I REALLY enjoyed this book! When I wasn't reading it, I was thinking about what was happening in it... trying to solve the mystery myself and wondering about Rhea's relationships and how I felt about the questions she presented about the church.
First, the mystery itself was a lot of fun because it gives the readers the opportunity to find clues by themselves, not just wait til the main character explains where the clue is and why it is a clue. If it doesn't sound too weird, I liked way in which
Elizabeth
Mar 19, 2011 Elizabeth rated it it was amazing
Pratt has a gift for writing believable characters who you feel like could walk off the page and into your living room at any moment. I find myself talking about her characters like I know them (kinda like I do with J.K. Rowling's characters, so that's a big tip o' the hat!). Pratt keeps her story fast-paced but leaves enough crumbs of the trail that she doesn't lose you. Rhea Jensen is SO fun to tag along with, that you're rooting her on even as you wince at who or what might be around the next ...more
Valerie Waters
Feb 09, 2016 Valerie Waters rated it it was amazing
I really like this series!!! It keeps me on my toes! I love ty!!
Tom Ricks
Jul 26, 2010 Tom Ricks rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Not enough good can be said about the Rhea Jensen Series. Unlike some series that seem to loose their spark after the first installment, Ms. Pratt has found a way to not only keep the spark, but has fanned it unto a bonfire! Rhea is in Utah, not nearly as thrilling as L.A., but like any true heroine she finds her adventure niche. "Welcome to Stalk Lake City" never calmed down! Going from chapter to chapter was as enjoyable as watching a movie. I honestly can't wait for the next adventure!
Angie
Mar 17, 2015 Angie rated it really liked it
I think I liked this one better than the first in the Rhea Jensen series. The mystery was intriguing, the characters were well developed, the relationships and romance kept me reading late at night. It was fun reading a book set in an area I'm very familiar with (my home turf if you will...) I was prepared for the infusion of Mormon doctrine and discussion this time and it didn't bother me personally at all (and I liked Ty's explanation of Priesthood and Motherhood), but I still think it does a ...more
Megan Swanson
Sep 08, 2010 Megan Swanson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was absolutely captivated by this book! I finished it at 2:30 this morning after "borrowing" the Rhea Jensen books from my Mom yesterday morning. That's dedication! I'm almost done with the third book, but I love the second-it's definitely my favorite! (Must be my grandma's too, because it's the only one that she owns!)
Heidi
Jul 30, 2010 Heidi rated it it was amazing
I didn't realize it was part of a series until I was about half way through. It stands on it's own though. It was really good.

It's funny how authors, though they have never met me, write for me.
Dianna
Dec 12, 2009 Dianna rated it really liked it
Shelves: lds-fiction, mystery
I want to read more of these Rhea Jensen books- I think there must be at least one before this, and I'm hoping there are more...
Shani
Jan 06, 2010 Shani rated it it was amazing
awesome book. I only wish that pratt wrote more books
Heather
Jul 30, 2010 Heather rated it really liked it
Synopsis from Back Cover "Deciding to go "off grid" for a while, Rhea Jensen can think of no better place to disappear than Utah. She settles into a quiet Mormon lifestyle-unless you count skydiving, race car driving, mountain climbing, and overly obsessive workouts. But when her best friends, Kay, tips her odd to a stalking case, Rhea takes the job out of shear boredom. Only then does she realize two things--first being good is hard; and second, she know way too much to get out of the PI game.

S
Wendy
May 12, 2013 Wendy rated it it was amazing
There are two versions of this book. Both have the same name, one published in 2004, one in 2010. I read both versions, because I love this series so much. I almost prefer the 2004 version, but if you like action the 2010 is better in that regard.

I love this series! Characters are fun and yet mortal, okay I could never compete with Rhea athletic-wise or PI-wise but that is the fantasy part.

Content: very clean.

Continued Note: Sheralyn Pratt published the first three books in this series first u
Christine Jensen
Mar 23, 2011 Christine Jensen rated it it was amazing
After her baptism, a near death experience and the falling apart of her relationship with Ben (the man she has been in love with since Junior High, but until recently never had the guts to say anything), Rhea decides that it is time to take a break from her dangerous lifestyle. She heads to Salt Lake City, intending to flip a house, take a few photos and relax, but she soon finds that the quiet life is not enough. She seeks excitement via skydiving and a fast car, but soon finds herself acceptin ...more
Kathy ~ Bookworm Nation
This is the second book in the Rhea Jensen series. While I still loved the book, I don’t know if I liked it as much as the first. I think I want a tad more romance. Other than that, it was great. Pratt writes a fun, engaging mystery. I liked that it was about stalkers (which is what my thesis was on in college). I thought Pratt did a good job in that regard, very realistic. I liked Rhea a lot, she is a great heroine. I didn’t fall for her new love interest right way, but he really grew on me. I ...more
Rachel
Sep 03, 2013 Rachel rated it really liked it
I am liking Sheralyn Pratt's books. This is the 2nd in the series. Rhea Jensen moved from LA to SLA and is taking a break from being a PI, or is she? Her best friend Kay comes to visit her the day before her birthday and gets her a job to investigate a stalker case. Of course Rhea can not say no. In the meantime, she is dating a new guy, Chad, who is a good mormon. Her neighbor, Ty, is interested in her, and she is interested in him, but he is a "bad" mormon. He hasn't been to church since his f ...more
Craig
Jan 02, 2016 Craig rated it liked it
I gave this book the same rating as the first book because I did like it, but it's not as good. Some of the murder clues were presented in an odd order, the explanation of the murder's solution seemed incomplete, and the discussion of Mormonism and feminism didn't seem to fit in. However, I did enjoy it, and if you like the first book, this one is worth reading.
Mimi
May 25, 2010 Mimi rated it really liked it
Shelves: adult
This is the second book in the Rhea Jensen series, and I enjoyed it just as much as the first one.

Rhea has moved out of California and lives in Utah for this novel. Again, in this novel you will find some interesting gospel discussions as Rhea wrestles with issues in her faith, you will find some romance and a few love interests, and you will have another mystery to solve along with Rhea.

To let you know how much I had to find out which guy Rhea choose, I'll admit that I stayed up until 3:00 in t
Hollie Robb
Aug 28, 2010 Hollie Robb rated it liked it
Deciding to go "off grid" for a while, Rhea Jensen can think of no better place to disappear than Utah. She settles into a quiet Mormon lifestyle--unless you count the skydiving, racecar driving, mountain climbing, and overly obsessive workouts. But when her best friend, Kay, tips her off to a stalking case, Rhea takes the job out of sheer boredom. Only then does Rhea realize two things--first, being good is hard; and second, she knows way too much to get out of the PI game.

Everyone's favorite p
Karen
Nov 12, 2014 Karen rated it really liked it
This is the 2nd of a series and I wasn't expecting to still be this interested after the first, let alone the 2nd. But I have to keep going to the next. They're just a lot of fun.
Lydia
Oct 27, 2015 Lydia rated it really liked it
I own and have read the original publication of this book. I love it, I think it's a great continuation in the Rhea Jensen series. I've only recently learned that when the first three books were republished with a different titles there were also some changes to the content. So now I've got to get my hands on the new version to see what they are.

Edit* I've read the new version now. There are some big changes in how the case is resolved and a few small ones in non-case related things, like Rhea'
Kathryn
Apr 01, 2009 Kathryn rated it it was amazing
Shwride
Jul 28, 2014 Shwride rated it liked it
I didn't like this one quite as well as the first in the series but it was still fun. I like a strong female character, but they don't have to literally kick everyone's butt to be strong. And the romance in this one was a little contrived. I was glad it finally worked out, but for a woman who can bring down a body building boxer, I thought the let her romantic counter part off too easily after he acted like a jerk. It would have been nice for him to suffer just a little bit. Over all it's a good ...more
Lindseychr
Sep 19, 2014 Lindseychr rated it it was amazing
Good clean read.
Annissa
Mar 02, 2014 Annissa rated it it was amazing
Fun read.
Aspen
Mar 20, 2012 Aspen added it
This is the second book in the RJS, I got these books in January. I like them. They're kind of like CSI, the investigating part. She has to track down a news anchors stalker in this one, and they stalker has been infront of their faces the whole time, but they made it who you'd least expect it to be. Its very frustrating because they think theyve found them, but than something doesn't fit. But in the end they finally get them, even if Rhea is almost broken.
Brenda
Aug 13, 2009 Brenda rated it really liked it
I thought this was another great book by Sheralyn Pratt. I think Rhea is such an exciting heroine and I love all the things she can do. The whole "consequences for you actions" part of the story was a little sad for me, although it was real enough. I had to shake the book a few times I was so frustrated with the terrible editing- but I kept going because it was such a cute story. Love the characters- love the author:)
Katie W
Sheralyn Pratt has done it again! I seriously love this character, Rhea Jensen. She is sooo clever and spunky and fun!! In this story, Rhea was taking a break from private investigator work and is living in Utah. Kay, her good friend from LA, gives her a birthday gift--a new case and Rhea realizes that she's denying herself her true love. Full of mystery, suspense, romance, etc, this was a great read.
Brenda
May 21, 2012 Brenda rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: 12 and older
Recommended to Brenda by: no one
I started March 30, 2012 and got to chapter 3 so far.

4/9/2012 I just finished and it was good. I liked the story and she did a great job, but I knew who the stalker was. Some times I just figure things out.

The story has everything from Mormons,break-ins, attempted murder, car chases and a sexy neighbor. For a good read pick up the book. But read number one first so you know things in book two.
Michelle
Feb 20, 2010 Michelle rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. This is about a PI that converts to Mormonism. I love that this book can be an LDS book without going overboard on the culture of Mormonism. I don't know if that makes sense but I've read some LDS based books that get too much into how memebers of the church are suppose to live. I guess if you've read one of those books you know what I'm talking about.
Re-released August 2010 1 4 Apr 01, 2010 04:33PM
  • This Just in
  • Legend of the Jewel (Isabelle Webb, #1)
  • Obsession
  • Until Proven Guilty (Haggerty Mystery, #2)
  • Echoes
  • Macady
  • Vanished (Maggie McKenzie Mystery, #1)
I like to keep things light and fun, and believe that life is journey so if you're going to buy a book, your life should better for it. Whether a book I write is intended to help you escape for a few hours or designed to teach you a new skill, I hope you find it unforgettable...in a good way. ;)

Current/Upcoming Titles:
- The Kiss that Launched 1,000 GIFs (June 2015)
- Pimpernel (January 2016)
- Walk
More about Sheralyn Pratt...

Rhea Jensen (6 books)
  • City of Angels (Rhea Jensen, #1)
  • The Avenues (Rhea Jensen, #1.5)
  • Idle Playgrounds (Rhea Jensen, #3)
  • Kay'sville (Rhea Jensen, #4)
  • Unpleasant Grove (Rhea Jensen, #5)