Start by marking “Multicultural Education in a Pluralistic Society (8th Edition)” as Want to Read:
Multicultural Education in a Pluralistic Society (8th Edition)

Multicultural Education in a Pluralistic Society (8th Edition)

3.05 of 5 stars 3.05  ·  rating details  ·  58 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Are you prepared to teach in today's diverse classroom? The eigthth edition of this well respected text now enables you to apply your understanding of multicultural education. Real classroom videos - on ethnicity and race, class and socioeconomic status, gender and sexual orientation, exceptionality, language, religion, geography, and age- will help you to relate to, under ...more
Published February 22nd 2008 by Pearson (first published October 1982)

To ask other readers questions about Multicultural Education in a Pluralistic Society, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Multicultural Education in a Pluralistic Society

Katherine
The most blatantly biased textbook I have ever read. Period. But perhaps I should appreciate the fact that the authors make their biases very clear, rather than letting them masquerade as fact...(which all textbooks do, of course, some just more subtly than others).
Dani
This is a textbook, so naturally the writing is a little dry, but it is highly informative and serves as an excellent introduction for educators. It covers topics such as ethnicity and race, class and socioeconomic status, gender, age, exceptionality, and sexual orientation, to name a few. The text seeks to prepare educators for teacher examinations and the variety of students and situations that will be encountered in the classroom.

Because this book stresses the importance of understanding mult
Ronni
By "read" I mean paid for and opened a few times. I did not enjoy the book and quit doing the required reading early in the course. Maybe I shouldn't even add it to my bookshelf, though it is certainly sitting on a bookshelf in my house IRL...
Ellen
I recommend this as a textbook for a Multicultural Education book or for any teacher or pre-service teacher who wants to learn about ME.
Rusti
1 copy available
Rusti
2 copies available
Kendall Basham
Kendall Basham is currently reading it
Jan 20, 2015
James Davisson
James Davisson is currently reading it
Jan 14, 2015
dara
dara is currently reading it
Jan 13, 2015
IWW Chicago
IWW Chicago marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2015
Niama Perrotte
Niama Perrotte marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2015
Jessica Lynne Martin
Jessica Lynne Martin is currently reading it
Jan 04, 2015
David
David added it
Nov 30, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Introduction to Teaching: Making a Difference in Student Learning New Myeducationlab with Pearson Etext -- Standalone Access Card -- For Multicultural Education in a Pluralistic Society 2004 Multimed Edition& Tchr Tstd Classrm Pkg 2004 Multimed Edition& Respondg To Hate Pkg 2004 Multimed Editn& Casebk for Explg Divrs