Keep The Faith

Keep The Faith

4.17 of 5 stars 4.17  ·  rating details  ·  349 ratings  ·  55 reviews
It's been over ten years since Big was killed. I grieved for him for a very long time. And then, as time passed, the icy wall of grief surrounding my heart began to thaw and I began to heal.
I remarried, had more children, and continued to record and release more music. I continued to live my life. And while I can never discount the time I spent with Big, I've never felt t...more
Published August 29th 2008 by Grand Central Publishing (first published 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Keep The Faith, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Keep The Faith

Saysha Wilson
I never expected this book to be as good it was! Wow! Faith opens up to readers and doesn't hold anything back in this book. She tells how she grew up, she lets us in on her relationships with the different men she dated and slept with including Biggie and her new husband Todd.

Lil Kim, Missy, PDiddy, Tupac and Mary J..she gives us a front row seat to what REALLY went on with them in reference to her. (Lil Kim, Lil Kim, Lil Kim..shaking my head)

I started this book and only put it down to cook, sl...more
Nicki
Would have never guessed that Faith was so thugged out. But I have to give props to Puff for cleaning up her image...I learned a lot about Faith from this book. I can also relate to her with the men issues. But I must say if you had second thoughts about buying this book, go back to the store and get it. You will laugh and cry with Faith.
Licha
I was prepared not to like this book. I couldn’t even remember how it had gotten on my list of books-to-read. All I knew of Faith Evans was that she was the widow of Notorious B.I.G. and that she was caught cheating on him with Tupac.

I’ll admit that at first it was really hard not to want to judge this woman. For the first half of the book I found myself rolling my eyes every time she patted herself on the back or made some reference to how good she was at something, how she was destined for gre...more
Adrienna
Faith Evans has a beautiful picture on the cover. Keep the Faith Memoir, Faith keeps it real with her struggles as a fatherless child growing up in Newark, NJ and part of her childhood in Daveport, FL. She had lived with her grandparents for a period of time with her single mother and foster kids that her grandparents adopted at a time. She also uncovers how she falls into love too easily. She fell for an abusive boyfriend, JT, and married man, Willie, and other relationships thereafter that wer...more
Karena

I just finished reading this book today. I can't believe it took me a little over a month to do it. Normally I can zoom through books, but this book was over three hundred pages long. With that said, I enjoyed it and I recommend it to anyone to read. I've been a fan of Faith's music since her first album came out in 1995. And like everyone else, I had been intrigued by her life, because it seemed like drama followed her. Given that she was married to Biggie, I just assumed like everyone else tha...more
Melaglr
It's not something I would've selected myself, but it was recomended by a friend. Right now, I can honestly say I can't bring myself to read it. I have so many other GOOD books that I can read, that this one is last on my list.
OOSA
Ms. Faith, Like Never Before

Keep the Faith" is a great memoir that is very informative and detailed about Faith Evans.

Faith Evans has been known to me as a famous singer that was married to Biggie Smalls. I never really knew about her life before and after Biggie; this gives it all and more. At one point while reading this novel, I felt as though I was walking in her shoes and now have a better understanding of the choices she made. I also enjoyed looking at the "old skool" photos of Faith and...more
Nandi Crawford
Sep 13, 2008 Nandi Crawford rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone who wants to see the hip hop world for themselves
Recommended to Nandi by: Essence; did an article on Faith.
I had ordered this book through Black Expressions, but somehow, they keep saying that they cannot send out the copies yet, so I went to Walmart where I saw a copy, and I'm glad I did because that is one of the best books I've read for this year. I remember how folks had stated that Faith and Biggie were together, and got married, and she gave us an inside view of her marriage. Perhaps if they weren't involved in the entertainment industry where women were a dime a dozen and temptation wasn't a p...more
Daineen
This book is so touching, ever since I was little I loved Faith and saw every video of her. The the movie B.I.G and it was grate. Even though I didnt know him growning up i felt like I did. This book explains everything when Faith got to know Big. This book is a best seller and I agree because it taught me a lot about making the right choises in your life. Faith is my hero i felt like if I was to Ever meet her I would tell her my life story. From this book I learned always put your children firs...more
Alretha Thomas
I thoroughly enjoyed Fatih's journey. This was a very easy read that covered Faith's life from a small girl with stars in her eyes to a young woman, widow, and mother. I was really surprised at how forthcoming Faith wass in revealing her many sexual dalliances and abortions. She held nothing back, including the several beatdowns she dished out to the women who were having affairs with her husband,Biggie Smalls, including Lil Kim. She was definitley not a shrinking violet when it came time to whi...more
Shanita Daniels
I think the book never made it quite clear why Faith and Mary J. blige were at odds. On a positive note the book showed how ruthless the music business can be. Lil kim was definitely a villan. Big was her lover and her enemy. She had a love and hate relationship for music. In keep the Faith, Faith experiences a life of sex, drugs and a strong insatiable appetite for drama; but some how she survives it all.
Ashti
I'm done reading this book, it took me 2 nights to read it, lmao!!!

It was very interesting to read about her story, especially the early years of her life, alot of her adulthood wasn't a surprise but it was still a good read!!!
Lacha'
All that glitters isn't gold. I like the stroll down memory lane of Faith Evans' life. She did an excellent job of telling the story and shedding the light on what I always wanted to know.
Eva Leger
I'm going to try this again in a year or so....whenever I think about it again really. I guess I'm just not in the mood for it. Nothing wrong with the book though.
Tisha
Since I enjoy her music I picked this up to learn more about her as a person...I don't think it would interest anyone unless you are a fan of her music.
Dennis
Apr 14, 2011 Dennis added it
Decent read. Nothing new, but good stuff. Thanks pookie
Amanda
I liked the writing. Though it was a bit repetitive. No typos found! I was amazed at how the author talked about sex and or used sex. So different from my own ways. She is married to BIG, feels loyal to him so she doesn't cheat, but he does, so she goes crazy on all the women he sleeps with. Lil Kim!

Faith Evans claims to make a world famous lasagna. I want to known who has tried it.

The best part of the book is that it seems to take forever, but really the author is only describing like 2 years...more
Aleesha
Only read this to read more into Biggie's life but was pleasantly surprised on how much I loved reading and learning about Faiths past with other musicians. Read it in about 6 hours, I truly couldn't put it down!
J
(FROM JACKET)"It's been over ten years since Big was killed. I grieved for him for a very long time. And then, as time passed, the icy wall of grief surrounding my heart began to thaw and melt. I remarried, had more children, and continued to record and release music. But sometimes, I still find myself thinking about Big...
Mainly, it's because he wasn't ready to go.
Big never got a chance to tell his story. It's been left to others to tell it for him. I've become one of those who can give insight...more
Glynnis
This book was way more then what I expected it to be. I am a fan of Faith Evans so I didn't want to go in bias, however her journey through life is so real and touched home in so many ways that, fan of her music aside this was truly a good read. What I liked most was the fact that it didn't take her meeting Big for the book to be great...the book was fantastic way b4 that part of her life was discussed. I don't like to many autobiographical works bc I think the individual usually doesn't truly t...more
Louise
I am interested in this serial Baby-Mamma to the hip-hop community solely to round out the gaps in my Tupac/Biggie Smalls murder investigation reading. So far it is a depressing catalog of multiple generations of disempowered minority women sailing through life on the winds of hasty choices to reproduce with mostly-absent and sometimes even unidentified men. As it's no secret how this story ends - I'll be seeing Faith drop out of college (she had a full-scholarship BTW) and manipulate her way to...more
Lashawnda
It was not a a bad book but it was not the best either. She says that her life does not start and end with Biggie Small but almost all of the entire book takes place in the 2 years that she was signed to Bad Boy and hooked up with Biggie. Matter of that was the most interesting part of the book. I was surprised to read that she had worked written for so many groups. So overall not bad but not my favorite.
Cidney
Great book. I was very surprised with how open faith was in this memoir. She talked about some things that alot of us would definitely think twice about sharing with some close friends let alone the whole world. After reading this book I feel like I know and can relate to faith and appreciate her sharing her story because there are alot of young females that can relate and learn alot from her mistakes.
Shanae
Mar 15, 2010 Shanae rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone interested in Hip-Hop music and celebrity life.
Hmmm...a fairly decent memoir I suppose. I happened to read it at the same time the film about her then-husband Christopher Wallace came to theaters. It was nice to have a second opinion to the film, but I honestly wouldn't have put this on my list of books to desperately read...I wasn't that interested in Faith Evans's life & I honestly can't tell you why I read the book.
Raven Tuck
Oct 19, 2009 Raven Tuck rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Females that like to learn from other people mistakes
Recommended to Raven by: My Mother
This is a great memoir because it's shows what she went though & what she learned from her mistakes. If you like to read about other people and get a better out look of them this is the book. Faith Evans went though some struggles, maybe some people can relate to it. It also shows visual pictures from her childhood to Pics. of her kids. It was also brave of her.
Eidelweis
I was surprised at how good this book is. I couldn't put it down. When she mentioned a song, I would stop to youtube the song so I could hear the lyrics or see the video. The thing w/ Tupac, I knew it wasn't true but I didn't know it was all that.

The only downfall is she repeated herself a lot. Othe then that... I liked it
Kristin Kreutzer
Amazing book that gives insight into the world of hip hip and rap when it was at its prime. Faith's story is an incredible journey that will have you on a roller coaster ride right along with her. Her life has been a series of up's and down's and she tells it in the most interesting way. A must read for any hip hop fanatic!!!
Jenelle
I really enjoyed this book. Kept me engaged the whole time. Read it in less than a week. It helps to have been bad boy fans during that time. It helped me to feel even more connected to the characters. Faith is very down to earth and I personally relate to her. I would recommend this book to a friend.
Zanetta Robinson
"Twas in the bargain books. Let's give it a whirl...

Okay. Gave it a whirl. It was well worth the 3 bucks I spent for it. It was interesting to revisit the hip hop madness I lived through. How silly it all was then; how stupid it all seems in retrospect.

I appreciate Faith's honesty.
Cherisse
Every time I hear a song by Faith I think of this book. She goes into great detail about her marriage to Biggie and being managed to Diddy. If you were a fan of Bad Boy during the 90's you will not be able to put this book down. Faith spills the tea!
  • Foxy: My Life in Three Acts
  • Divided Soul: The Life Of Marvin Gaye
  • Rage To Survive: The Etta James Story
  • The Prisoner's Wife: A Memoir
  • Tupac Shakur Legacy
  • You Have No Idea: A Famous Daughter, Her No-nonsense Mother, and How They Survived Pageants, Hollywood, Love, Loss (and Each Other)
  • Little Black Girl Lost 4: The Diary of Josephine Baptiste
  • Ice: A Memoir of Gangster Life and Redemption-from South Central to Hollywood
  • A Belle in Brooklyn: Advice for Living Your Single Life and Enjoying Mr. Right Now
  • Shameless Hoodwives
  • Keyshia and Clyde
  • Pryor Convictions: and Other Life Sentences
Keep the Faith: A Memoir Keep the Faith: A Memoir Keep the Faith: A Memoir La Femme de Gilles Clamorous Voices: Shakespeare's Women Today