Start by marking “Jane Austen in Bath: Walking Tours of the Writer's City” as Want to Read:
Jane Austen in Bath: Walking Tours of the Writer's City

Jane Austen in Bath: Walking Tours of the Writer's City

Jane Austen in Bath: Walking Tours of the Writer�s City is a beautifully illustrated book organized into four walking tours around the city of Bath�where she set both Northanger Abbey and Persuasion�two novels that mirrored her own experience: that of an impressionable, optimistic young girl hoping to meet the man she would marry and later, that of a mature woman d ...more
Published September 26th 2006 by Little Bookroom

To ask other readers questions about Jane Austen in Bath, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jane Austen in Bath

Joan
May 22, 2008 Joan rated it it was amazing
Getting ready for our trip! This was easily one of the most useful and interesting "travel" books I've read. Descriptions of four walks in Bath with excerpts from J.A.'s books and experiences there.
Diane
Apr 10, 2011 Diane rated it it was amazing
Delightful book. A friend sent this to me as an unexpected gift and it is lovely.
April Munday
Jan 19, 2017 April Munday rated it really liked it
Jane Austen lived in Bath for a few years after her father retired and this book takes the reader on walks that include houses where Austen lived and walks undertaken by characters in Northanger Abbey and Persuasion. It is a pretty little book with some lovely illustrations. The walks themselves are nicely put together, but it is not easy to use the book while walking around Bath. It is probably better to read it before and after such a walk.

There is some interesting information about Bath and J
Bridget
Mar 18, 2017 Bridget rated it really liked it
I also read this one in Bath (it's a small hardcover, a few inches across each way, so I checked it out from the library and threw it in my backpack). I didn't follow the walks exactly, but it was nice to have stories about places she visited. The watercolors and historical prints were fantastic.
Camy
Sep 09, 2013 Camy rated it it was amazing
I love this book, not just as a cute book for self-guided walking tours, but also because the history and historical plates have been so useful to me in writing my current novel, a Regency set in Bath.

I visited Bath during my trip to England last year, and fell in love with the town although I didn't have time to explore it as fully as I wanted to. This book brings back my exciting day in the town and adds to it with tidbits about Jane Austen and the history of Bath.

The simply drawn maps are ea
Shelley
It's a cute little book that takes you on tours of Bath as if you were there today. It ties in Jane Austen's life, paths she and her characters usually walked, and her inspiration for the stories she wrote. Now I've learned more about Austen's personality and where she fit int he world she lived. Pretty interesting book. I think I want to read Persuasion again ^_^.
Kristina
Oct 18, 2012 Kristina rated it it was amazing
Wonderful! An easy-to-read and very enjoyable way to experience Bath with Jane Austen. And even though I didn't get to take any of the walks, reading it helped me recognize a lot of the important places.
Darlene
Sep 05, 2012 Darlene rated it liked it
Nice little book with lovely prints of Regency era Bath. A bit of architectural history of the town along with quotations from Austen's works. Enjoyable quick read.
Feisal Rahman
Jul 09, 2012 Feisal Rahman rated it it was amazing
A lovely little book with many wonderful gems about the writer's life and times. Must-have for all Jane Austen fans!
Kathryn
Jul 14, 2009 Kathryn marked it as to-read
*sigh* TBR if I ever get back to Bath for more than an afternoon!
April
Feb 13, 2011 April rated it liked it
Great little book! So nice to have a guide for everything Austen in the city of Bath. Can't wait to go in a few weeks : )
Pam
Sep 13, 2011 Pam rated it really liked it
Such a Lovely written and packaged book!You'll feel like you're walking Jane's path.
Kristina
Kristina rated it liked it
Jun 25, 2012
Jenny Cocanougher
Jenny Cocanougher rated it liked it
Jul 31, 2016
Trudi
Trudi rated it liked it
Nov 11, 2009
Patricia Barletta
Patricia Barletta rated it really liked it
Jun 21, 2016
Caroline Linden
Dec 29, 2010 Caroline Linden rated it it was amazing
Worth it for the beautiful engravings!
Jennifer rated it really liked it
Apr 04, 2014
Kate
Kate rated it really liked it
Apr 22, 2014
Ashley
Ashley rated it it was amazing
Dec 25, 2009
Kylie
Kylie rated it really liked it
Nov 09, 2013
K
K rated it really liked it
Apr 18, 2008
Mark Brownlow
Mark Brownlow rated it really liked it
May 29, 2017
Erin Sheffield
Erin Sheffield rated it it was amazing
Jul 09, 2015
Jayne
Jayne rated it it was amazing
Aug 20, 2011
Jane Peterson
Jane Peterson rated it it was amazing
Aug 01, 2014
Laurel
Laurel rated it really liked it
Jan 07, 2010
Tess Quinn
Tess Quinn rated it liked it
Aug 03, 2010
Annemarie Deitch
Annemarie Deitch rated it it was amazing
Jun 08, 2010
Margaret
Margaret rated it it was amazing
Jun 25, 2013
Camy Tang/Camille...: What are you reading this week? 52 14 Sep 21, 2013 01:44AM