Start by marking “The Pill Book” as Want to Read:
The Pill Book

The Pill Book

3.94 of 5 stars 3.94  ·  rating details  ·  146 ratings  ·  27 reviews
For more than two decades, millions of consumers have trusted The Pill Book to provide official, FDA-approved drug information plus guidelines from leading pharmacists. Each drug is profiled in a concise, readable, and easy-to-understand entry, making The Pill Book the perfect reference when you have questions about the medications your doctor prescribes.

The most up-to-dat...more
Mass Market Paperback, 12th Edition, 1248 pages
Published April 25th 2006 by Bantam (first published 1982)

To ask other readers questions about The Pill Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Pill Book

Chris
Although though I once trusted the "Pill Book", ever since I found an everabundant use of Drugs.com, I have had to veer away from using "The Pill Book". This book definitely didn't give me the information I needed, and I never had it in hand when I did. I had to always run up a flight of stairs to get to it, but with my smart device and computer always "at the helm", I was always covered in things. It might have been a favorite book a bunch of years ago, but not anymore. It does have some really...more
lAuRa
It's a pill book. A book about pills. How good or bad could it be?
Duane Donecker
This is an excellent reference for someone who needs to look up types of pills quite often. I myself have facioscapulohumeral muscular dystrophy, and if you have ever watched a Jerry Lewis Labor Day Telethon, well that's me, however my type of muscular dystrophy, (facioscapulohumeral muscular dystrophy) is some what rare and unlike most people you see on the telethon suffering from some sort of muscular dystrophy who are young children; facioscapulohumeral muscular dystrophy usually comes along...more
Patricia Atkinson
learn all you should know about the medications that you are taking what not to take with them and side effects.
Amen Aguemon
I love this book. I work in a group home as a care giver. Also my mother suffers from mental depression so I'm always reviewing medications that are proscribed to her. At work This book is very useful because I'm required to know the kind of medications my individuals or clients take. Let say they take so many weird named Medications like "Fingolimod" it is a S1P receptor antagonist. It reduces the number of MS attacks and delays the worsening of physical disabilities associated with MS. I know...more
Jamesirwin19
It's a decent reference for the homeowner. I'm guessing that there are better and more in depth references available for the professional. My friend Robyn, a pharmacist and the smartest person I know, recommended this to me and I take her recommendations seriously. The down side of this book is that I've had to hide it from my mother, a confirmed hypochondriac. :)
Robyn
Good pics in the middle leaves. We use this (just to have for reference) at Walmart for pill ID purposes. Although I personally use & prefer online sources such as LexiComp or Facts & Comparisons, since those online references are updated more frequently. (Sorry to post this twice, I hit the wrong thing on my iPhone.)
Jay
Sep 27, 2008 Jay rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: healthcare consumers, people taking medications
Of the non-clinical medication guides, this has been the one I've found most helpful. The photos of pills are useful, and the descriptions are detailed but accessible to public readers.

I do wish there was more information listed about off-label uses and toxicity, but that's where the PDR comes in.
This is a fabulous reference book about, you guessed it, pills. Lots of info on drug interactions and thorough coverage of side effects. Call me crazy, but I love reading about prescription drugs, especially as we become more and more dependent on them in our society.
Fredrick Danysh
This 15th edition lists numerous medications. It contains information about the drug to include use, side effects, and interactions. Physical descriptions and color pictures are included. It is a very handy reference for anyone using pharmaceuticals.
Nicole
Dec 06, 2007 Nicole rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Peeps who wish they had gone to med school and like to self diagnose
Shelves: educational
I LOVE THIS BOOK! I find pills in weird, random places and bring them home so I can look them up. I also love to read about side effects. I should've been a nurse...
Rexanna
This book is great for informtion on prescription drugs. It helped us to pinpoint a breathing problem my dad had from his eye drops. It is a lifesaver!
Magena
I say that I'm currently reading this because it's on an endtable and every few days I crack it open for various reasons.
Every home should have a copy.
Michelle
This has been an excellent reference book for medications but I need to update my edition.
Kristena
A great reference for addictions counselors and anyone else who needs to know about medications.
Hilary
everyone should have this book. it's really useful. i use it a lot as a social worker.
Efrain Guzman-Rosario
May 02, 2007 Efrain Guzman-Rosario rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone!
Shelves: reference
Not as informative as a drug book, but still, same rules applies.
tootie
Indispensible, but make sure you always have the latest edition.
Cindee
good reference book and much less bulk than the PDR.
Melinda
Good source for checking precription drug info.
Carl Von Clausewitz
Great reference book
Garrod Sieveking
i use this on a daily basis
John Garcia
Great reference book.
Roos
Oct 03, 2007 Roos rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
Good and Complete Pill Book.
Michael
Pills. All of them.
Maria Braiotta
Maria Braiotta marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • The Doctor's Book of Home Remedies: Thousands of Tips and Techniques Anyone Can Use to Heal Everyday Health Problems
  • The Order of Things: How Everything in the World Is Organized Into Hierarchies, Structures, and Pecking Orders
  • The Green Pharmacy
  • Encyclopedia of Counseling Package: Encyclopedia of Counseling: Master Review and Tutorial for the National Counselor Examination, State Counseling ... Preparation Comprehensive Examination
  • The U.S. Constitution: And Fascinating Facts About It
  • Exposed: The Toxic Chemistry of Everyday Products and What's at Stake for American Power
  • The Kolob Theorem: A Mormon's View of God's Starry Universe
  • The Way of Herbs
  • The Ultimate Survival Manual (Outdoor Life): Urban Adventure - Wilderness Survival - Disaster Preparedness
  • The Zone: A Dietary Road Map to Lose Weight Permanently
  • The Wisdom of Menopause: Creating Physical and Emotional Health and Healing During the Change
  • The American Heritage Dictionary
  • National Audubon Society Field Guide to North American Rocks and Minerals
  • The New Whole Foods Encyclopedia: A Comprehensive Resource for Healthy Eating
  • Back To Eden
  • More Guns, Less Crime: Understanding Crime and Gun Control Laws
  • The Joy of Signing: The Illustrated Guide for Mastering Sign Language and the Manual Alphabet
  • Disease: The Story of Disease and Mankind's Continuing Struggle Against It
The Pill Book (14th Edition): The Illustrated Guide To The Most-Prescribed Drugs In The United States (Pill Book (Quality Paper)) The Vitamin Book The Pill Book (14th Edition): New and Revised 14th Edition The Illustrated Guide To The Most-Prescribed Drugs In The United States (Pill Book (Mass Market Paper)) The Pill Book (13th Edition): The Illustrated Guide To The Most-Prescribed Drugs In The United States (Pill Book (Mass Market Paper)) The Pill Book (16th Edition): New and Revised 16th Edition