Start by marking “Runaway Grandma” as Want to Read:
Runaway Grandma

Runaway Grandma

3.05 of 5 stars 3.05  ·  rating details  ·  19 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Retired widow, Olivia Hampton, age 70, meticulously plans a new future. After faking her suicide, she moves on with a new identity and begins a new life. A haunting tale - can a person ever really escape the past and start over?
Published November 7th 2007 by Madison Avenue Publishing Group (first published October 31st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Runaway Grandma, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Runaway Grandma

Patricia
Loved the book, as did our book club.

Points of the discussion centered on:
What she left behind.........her adult children who wanted to tell her how to run her life, her bratty, spoiled, grand-children and most important to many of us, her long time friend who, with much trepidation, assisted her in the escape.
What she gained........her freedom to make all her own choices, many new friends in a small Smethport-like town, and companionship and even romance with a great guy.
The logistics.......con
Wilma Frana
Olivia feels that her son will try to have her declared incompetent and take control of her assets, so she carefully devises a plan to disappear. She ends up living in a different part of the country where she meets an older gentleman and they become great friends. This book reveals an unusual solution to a family problem. I highly recommend it.
Camisole
Even though this is an easy read, it stays with you for a long time. How could a woman give up her life in fear of her children? Why didn't she fight? Did she realize the emotional efect her actions would have on her friends, children, grandchildren & herself? Was her decit fair to her new friends? What would I do in a simular situation?
Kay
Jan 25, 2009 Kay rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: everyone
I loved this book. At times in my life I felt that I could get in that car and ride along with Olivia. Sometimes it seems easier to run than to stay and fight. I really liked this book. Olivia has spunk!
Bonnie
Apr 26, 2008 Bonnie rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Bonnie by: My book club
I loved this book and read it in one day. A very timely topic. A woman fakes her own death. Alot of interesting lessons here and a very well written facinating story.
Janet
I can't believe I paid to read this. The premise sounded great, but the plot,the characters and the writing seemed like they were written by a beginner.
Olean Public Library
I really love this book.
Kattyaj
Kattyaj marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2014
Debbie Krenzer
Debbie Krenzer marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2012
Kaycee
Kaycee added it
Feb 09, 2011
Jan
Jan added it
Nov 14, 2010
Rosemary
Rosemary marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2010
Renee
Renee marked it as to-read
May 27, 2010
Terri
Terri marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2010
Lindsay
Lindsay marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2010
Christine
Christine marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2009
Laura Dugan
Laura Dugan marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2009
Maureen
Maureen marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2009
Ann Mead
Ann Mead marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2009
The Pleasures of Knitting: Timeless Feminine Sweaters Pleasures of Knitting, The: Timeless Feminine Sweaters Together or Separate: Knitting the New Twinset Mother Love