Start by marking “Moongame” as Want to Read:
Moongame

Moongame (Moonbear #5)

During a game of hide-and-seek, Moon hides behind a cloud, leaving his friend Bear very worried.
Published March 1st 2000 by Aladdin (first published January 1st 1984)

To ask other readers questions about Moongame, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Moongame

MJ
May 23, 2017 MJ rated it liked it
Hide and seek with the moon
Tima
Jun 03, 2014 Tima rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s-books
Bear learns a new game from his friend Little Bird. When Bear is alone that evening he decides to play his new game of hide and seek with the moon. But when the moon gets lost Bear can't find him anywhere. He becomes worried and enlists all of his woodland friends to help him find the moon again.

The illustrations are adorable and fit well with the story. The lessons of team work and sharing were well written into the plot and will be easily understood by children. The rules of the game are expla
Vivian
Aug 13, 2012 Vivian added it
This story was a huge success in our "Outer Space" story time. There are lots of prompts embedded in the story inviting children to participate. On the first page Little Bird and Bear and playing a new game -- hide and seek.

--> tell the children to cover their eyes and count with you to ten. Everyone uncover your eyes! (as you turn the page). Further on in the story a gentle breeze blows a cloud in front of the moon.

--> have children hold up a hand and blow on it several times

The next few
Ina
Jun 12, 2013 Ina rated it really liked it
This is a very sweet book with simple text and brightly colored illustrations. Little Bird teaches Bear a new game: Hide and Seek. Bear likes it so much that he plays it with the moon after everyone else has gone to bed. The moon finds Bear quite easily, but then it's Bear's turn to be it...and he can't find the moon. Before the end of the book all the forest animals are awake and searching! My storytime audience loved this book, even though some of the kids were well beyond the toddler stage.
Jackie
Frank Asch's MoonGame is a gentle story about a bear, a bird, the moon, and a game of hide-and-seek. At night, when it grows dark and the moon comes out, bear asks if it wants play a game of hide-and-seek. Bear gets worried when he can't find it...and asks his forest friends to help.

Used for Dream Big:READ!: Moon Storytime: July, 2012.
Megan Richards
The infamous Frank Asch. I reread one of my favorite books as a kid and I was not disappointed. Bear is playing hide and seek with a moon and after Bear cant find the moon, he asks his forest friends to help him. The illustrations are simplistic with a bold palette. I enjoy going on a adventures with Bear.
Meg McGregor
Sep 23, 2014 Meg McGregor rated it liked it
Shelves: read-to-lexi
Little Bird and Bear enjoy playing hide-and-seek. When Little Bird has to go home, Bear decides to play the game with Moon.

But when Moon disappears, Bear must enlist the help of his friends to find the Moon again.

Little readers will enjoy the suspense and laugh a little at Bear because they know what really happened to the moon.

I just wish the colors were a bit more brilliant.
Leah Mullenaux
Oct 02, 2012 Leah Mullenaux rated it liked it
This book was OK, kind of dull for me though. It's about a bear playing hide-and-go-seek with the moon. It's a pretty interesting storyline, not very captivating illustrations, and basic characters. Not much else to say about the book... It may be interesting to young kids, but I don't think it would mesmerize them.
Kellee Hao
When you don't have any friends to play hide and seek with you, ask the moon to play with you! This book talks about fun is an adventurous journey about finding a hidden moon. It also talks about how friendship plays a role in life and how teamwork is effective.
Kristina
In Story Time kids love trying to spot the moon with bear, then telling me what he really saw.
Eireanne
On the suggested summer reading list for students.
Rachel
May 16, 2014 Rachel rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-2014, stars-2
It was okay. ⭐⭐
Gail
Nov 10, 2009 Gail rated it it was ok
Shelves: children-s-books
My two year old enjoyed this but I don't think she got the point. She just liked the pictures of all the animals.
Twotwo
Feb 27, 2015 Twotwo added it
Shelves: library, ar-quiz
ar 2.6
Kathryn
Jun 24, 2009 Kathryn rated it liked it
Not as good as some of his others, IMO. Still, I think kids will have fun being "in the know" about where the moon is hiding while little bear looks all over for it! :-)
Edward Sullivan
Mar 02, 2014 Edward Sullivan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
Playing hide-and-seek with the moon.
PWRL
Sep 10, 2012 PWRL marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2012-new
SM
Cheyenne
Bear plays hide and seek with the moon. He is very much like a small child.
Sophie Thompson
Apr 03, 2009 Sophie Thompson rated it liked it
The children would love to have this book in the classroom library. Its just one of those books you can find yourself reading again and again.
Tiffany
Aug 31, 2015 Tiffany rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s
This was always a favorite of my 2-5 year olds. I love the nighttime hide and seek, and the kids liked to try and find bear.
Msjennifers Corner
Msjennifers Corner rated it it was ok
Sep 08, 2014
J
Mar 22, 2017 J rated it really liked it
Bear keeps right on being dumb about the moon, bless his heart. I didn't realize this was a whole series. Though this was a bit long, most of the kids I read it to kept paying attention to it right until the end.
Steve
Steve rated it liked it
Jan 04, 2013
Lisa
Lisa rated it liked it
Aug 21, 2009
Larie
Larie rated it really liked it
Oct 19, 2016
Yara
Yara rated it liked it
Apr 03, 2011
Bethany
Bethany rated it really liked it
Feb 11, 2016
Russin
Russin rated it it was amazing
Sep 22, 2013
Hevabean
Hevabean rated it it was amazing
Jun 19, 2012
  • A Busy Year
  • I Want to Be an Astronaut
  • The Lamb and the Butterfly
  • Jesse Bear, What Will You Wear?
  • Sheep Blast Off!
  • The Knight and the Dragon
  • Swing!: A Scanimation Picture Book
  • If You Were a Penguin
  • Without You
Frank Asch is an American children's writer, best known for his Moonbear picture books.

Asch published his first picture book, George's Store, in 1968. The following year he graduated from Cooper Union with a BFA. Since then he has taught at a public school in India, as well as at a Montessori school in the United States, conducted numerous creative workshops for children. He has written over 60 bo
More about Frank Asch...

Moonbear (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Moon Bear