Start by marking “The Popcorn Shop” as Want to Read:
The Popcorn Shop

The Popcorn Shop

4.02 of 5 stars 4.02  ·  rating details  ·  46 ratings  ·  10 reviews
A popcorn machine goes haywire in this rhyming, easy-to-read Level 3 book forbeginning readers. A Hello Reader book. Full-color illustrations throughout.
Published January 1st 1994 by Scholastic

To ask other readers questions about The Popcorn Shop, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Popcorn Shop

Atiya Groomes
The Popcorn Shop is by far one of my favorite books of all time. It has good organization, it has a rhythm to it, and who deosn't love popcorn. Even though this book s a bit juevenile that does not deter it from being great.

First of all, let's talk about the good organization of this book. The book has everything a story needs and its in the correct order. It has a introduction of the protagonist, a in the body conflict, and a solution at the end. This is an important element to a book.

Love this book! Delightful illustrations and story
Hope Johnson
This is a cute book for kids to begin to read on their own. You can talk about cause and effect. It is a great book to explore rhythm in because it has a song that you can sing with it. It is a good book to show literary techniques because it uses speech bubbles as a way to show who is talking.
The rhyming is really fun in this one. I used it for a "things that pop" themed storytime for 3-5 year olds and had them shout "POP!" every time the word came up in the book. They loved it!
Kelly Ann
A book about a popcorn maker who gets carried away and overruns the town with popcorn. Teaches moderation, also ending sets up good prediction lesson.
I enjoyed this book a lot when I was younger, and I still pick it up from time to time to prompt a smile out of me. good rhythm, fun pictures.
Angela Nelson
I really like this book. I love the story and you can use this to teach cause and effect.
Yes, yes, I'm not the target audience. :D
Tiffany Lane
A childhood favorite!
Jun 15, 2009 Cws added it
Shelves: br
Raquel marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2015
Tatty marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2015
Jennifer Nelson
Jennifer Nelson marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2015
Jamie Humphreys
Jamie Humphreys marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2015
Carrie Baragwanath
Carrie Baragwanath marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2015
Jenny added it
Jul 21, 2015
Ericka San
Ericka San marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2015
Gember-Jacobson Family
Gember-Jacobson Family marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2015
Saihaan Hayat
Saihaan Hayat marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2015
WCNS marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2015
Kali marked it as to-read
May 18, 2015