Start by marking “Holy Bible: NIV - Quest Study Bible” as Want to Read:
Holy Bible: NIV - Quest Study Bible

Holy Bible: NIV - Quest Study Bible

4.67  ·  Rating Details  ·  444 Ratings  ·  53 Reviews
Answers to Your Puzzling Questions
Revised in-text notes and articles answering nearly 7,000 of the most commonly asked questions about specific Bible passages.

Many people want to read the Bible but are hindered or even prohibited because they’re afraid they won’t understand what it means. The NIV Quest Study Bible, answers thousands of the most commonly asked questions—bas
Leather Bound, 1888 pages
Published September 15th 1994 by HarperCollins Canada / Zondervan Bibl (first published September 1st 1994)

Kathryn
When I first started college, I decided to get a new Bible. There are so many out there to choose from, it can be a little difficult to know what kind you should get. I was recommended this Bible by a friend of mine who had been reading it for a year or so and said she loved it. In fact, she'd used it so much, she needed to get a new one.

I went to Lifeway, a Christian bookstore/store, to check out this Bible, and others to figure out which one I would want. I was immediately attracted to the Qu
Carrie
Apr 13, 2012 Carrie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is my favorite bible, with many common questions and answers along the sides of each page. It's great for those just starting out reading the bible, or for the curious in nature who like background explanations or definitions of terms. I appreciate that when there is an topic that scholars have debated, the notes will typically point that out. The explanations and answers along the sides are generally brief and easy to understand. Sometimes there are little maps showing what/where a scriptu ...more
April Sarah
Jan 05, 2015 April Sarah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm really starting to love this bible. The way it is set up makes it that much more enjoyable. The side bar notes are interesting to read and give more of an understanding to the context of the scripter being read. What I love the most is the larger articals often found at the bottom of the page that gives a good background of why things are the way they are. Also at the beginning of every book it gives a little history lesson of the why, who, when, to whom and what to look for about the book.

G
FlibBityFLooB
Oct 22, 2009 FlibBityFLooB rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christian
This was my first study bible.

I replaced it with the revised version and passed this one along to a friend in need.

I love the annotations / questions / answers throughout.
Vincent
So, (yeah!) I read the Bible on the three year plan, and it took me, well . . . about three years to read it. This edition was very helpful with maps, chronology charts, sidebars, bubble articles and notations of explanation (all of course from the Christian perspective). Many useful indices in the back.

My interests drew me mostly to the History books of the Old Testament and the Gospels of the New Testament. After Genesis and Exodus, the Books of Law (or Torah) were a bit hard to get through, b
Dan
Last year I realized that I only knew bits and pieces of the Bible. I had never read it growing up nor were we required to read any of it during my Catholic grade school or high school years. I made my decision to read the entire thing based on the fact that it is the foundation for hundreds of millions of people all over the world, so I thought it best to know exactly what it said.

What does it say? Well, quite a few things. Some of them are pleasant and contain wisdom that extends into the 21st
Joannebmcmillan
Dec 30, 2012 Joannebmcmillan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Of all the Bibles that I own, the NIV Quest Study Bible is my favorite ~ it is easy to read, but most importantly, the editors have included tons of research, maps, etc. This has been so key in helping me understand the beliefs, customs and geography during the span of biblical history. I wholly recommend this bible, especially to teens and new Christians.
Jessica Savage
Jan 17, 2011 Jessica Savage rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to Jessica by: God : )
Shelves:
I will never mark this as "read", but rather always "currently reading" because you can always find something new no matter how many times you read the Bible.

I really like this Bible because it has sections that help you go deeper into what certain passages mean and how to think about them in relation to modern day life.
Shannon

2 Samuel - Apr 7, 2016
Linda
Feb 07, 2012 Linda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: religion
I like the presentation of this study Bible. The explanations are easy to understand and cover a lot of topics.
Mellie B
Jun 30, 2012 Mellie B rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Really liked all the sidebar explanations!
Patricia
Aug 11, 2015 Patricia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves:
By far the best Bible in my opinion. The new translation is very easy to read. I love the Q&A sections throughout. For those who have never read the Bible but would like to, this is your best choice.
Carolyn Feltus-atkinson
Oct 30, 2014 Carolyn Feltus-atkinson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
I really like this Bible because it had on the sides a lot of information that is helpful concerning the times and relates the passage to others.
Jennifer Robb
Jan 17, 2016 Jennifer Robb rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Has questions and explanations included.
Susan
Sep 26, 2012 Susan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone!
Five stars of course! In depth study as part of the Disciple study series. We are currently studying the Gospel of Luke. This study takes up the bulk of my reading time.

Oh my - finished the study of Luke long ago, but can't say whole Bible has been read. We'll call that a continued endeavor!
Stacy
Mar 30, 2012 Stacy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well, finally figured out that "to read" feels more appropriate, as one day I will read cover to cover (would that I were not such a slow reader!)
I highly recommend this format though, because the notations and historical information throughout are insightful and interesting.

Katie Casey
Jan 02, 2009 Katie Casey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This has been my main study Bible for a couple years now and I really like it. Some study Bibles have too much fluff for me - I don't like to be too steered my the commentaries and footnotes. This one just answers some key questions and also has a decent concordance in back.
Tiffany
Jun 22, 2010 Tiffany rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves:
I will always be reading this Bible but I will say that it has helped me understand and apply the Word of God. As a new Christian I knew that I had to find a good study Bible to help make things stick. This Bible is doing just that. It is truly a blessing to have!
Brittany Elaine
Oct 29, 2012 Brittany Elaine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Best BIBLE I've ever had. The commentary on the side makes sure I understand every detail in the story I am reading. It makes studying and learning the BIBLE a lot easier. And all the resources are organized and clear to understand. I will have this BIBLE forever.
Valerie
Jan 11, 2009 Valerie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves:
This is a great Bible for someone new to reading the Bible or someone that is well versed. It has a guide of where to start, how long it should take you etc. It has great side notes to help with understanding the scriptures and is easy to read and follow.
Rachel
Nov 30, 2010 Rachel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2010
I really love this version of the NIV. It's formatted in a way that makes the notes really easy to read. Usually, just when you have a question, you see it with the answer in the sidebar. Lots of room to add your own notes, and great for a Bible study class.
DaShannon
Jun 24, 2013 DaShannon rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I started a 3 year reading plan in 2007 and finished today, a little late but so totally worth it. I've read it through a few times and so it begins again... I do love this version (NIV) and its study aides but I think I'll try a different version this time.
John
Feb 28, 2008 John rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One of the top study Bibles. (NIV and NKJV by Nelson are tops). I chose this one for my teenage daughter. I prefer it over Teen Bibles. If you knew all that is in the notes you would find Bible College easy.
I am a Pastor and seminary grad (May 08)
Susan Keraus
Oct 08, 2012 Susan Keraus rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoy this particular Bible...has some great "helps" along the edges of the page, if a certainly passage is confusing. Plus a good reference section at the back. Very good "read it through" Bible.
Lisa
Aug 20, 2012 Lisa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bibles
I have many different versions of the Bible, but this is my all time favorite. It is full of interesting article to help the reader understand the customs and traditions of people from the Old Testament.
Karisa
Sep 19, 2013 Karisa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves:
This Bible is so perfect for personal and group Bible study. There are great questions in the margins. They really help start conversations and discussion on Gods word. This is my favorite Bible!
Melissa
I love the bible, but this bible wasn't my favorite study bible. So, far the application bible was way better. Going to read through the Holman study bible and see how that goes :)
D.L. Teamor
Dec 25, 2012 D.L. Teamor rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very good for newly converted Christians, not so much for learned Christians. However, even as a foundational resource for the newly saved, I prefer to teach from The Journey Bible.
Victoria
Mar 27, 2013 Victoria rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves:
The notes in the margins are incredibly helpful. I'm currently reading through the major prophets and some of the symbolism would have been totally lost on me otherwise.
  • Force For Change: How Leadership Differs from Management
  • Total Access: A Journey to the Center of the NFL Universe
  • The Ten Commandments: The Significance of God's Laws in Everyday Life
  • Our Greatest Gift: A Meditation on Dying and Caring
  • Istri Pilihan (Bride Wanted)
  • 25 Books Every Christian Should Read: A Guide to the Essential Spiritual Classics
  • Tempting Faith: An Inside Story of Political Seduction
  • Fairy Tale
  • Every Woman Needs a Wife
  • NASCAR Holiday 2: Miracle Season/Season of Dreams/Taking Control/The Natural
  • Cutting Edge (Charles Resnick, #3)
  • NET Bible (with notes)
  • Every Day Deserves a Chance: Wake Up to the Gift of 24 Hours
  • Castle of the Wolf
  • Peace with God: The Secret of Happiness
  • The 13th Apostle
  • The Enclave
  • Hug Your Customers: STILL The Proven Way to Personalize Sales and Achieve Astounding Results
Books can be attributed to "Anonymous" for several reasons:

* They are officially published under that name
* They are traditional stories not attributed to a specific author
* They are religious texts not generally attributed to a specific author

Books whose authorship is merely uncertain should be attributed to Unknown.
More about Anonymous...

“Creation offers proof (for those willing to accept it) of a powerful “Someone” behind the natural world. The astronomical odds against this world happening merely by chance provide insurmountable evidence for a Creator. The intricate beauty and complex design of the creation—from subatomic particles and the molecular building blocks of life to galaxies and the expanses of the universe—demonstrate that a “Designer” planned it all.” 2 likes
“Jehu, king of Israel from 841–814 BC, had engineered the slaughter of the descendants of Ahab at Jezreel in fulfillment of the prophecies of Elijah (1Ki 21:21; 2Ki 10:1–11). So Jezreel had become a picture of judgment as well as a warning to heed God’s prophets.” 0 likes