Start by marking “Reflections on the Movies” as Want to Read:
Reflections on the Movies

Reflections on the Movies

4.17 of 5 stars 4.17  ·  rating details  ·  36 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Award-winning author Ken Gire knows films powerfully communicate points about life and faith. He teaches readers to view and evaluate Hollywood's old and new fare with a discerning eye and discover the exciting reality that God speaks through film.
Published July 1st 2000 by Chariot Victor Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Reflections on the Movies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Reflections on the Movies

Kate
Apr 09, 2010 Kate rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Kate by: Courtney Thomsen
Shelves: margin-notes
"Besides enlightenment, film can also be an occasion for epiphany. Just as the Holy Spirit spoke through a variety of means in the Bible, He speaks through a variety of means today. Even through movies. A scene, a character, a line of dialogue, or the movie in its entirety comes to us almost like a sacrament, and we sense the Spirit saying, "Take, eat, this is for you" (43).

"A movie, I think, is really only four or five moments between two people; the rest of it exists to give those moments thei
Pat Roseman
I liked this book. It helped me see some of the movies I've watched in a different light and even want to watch a few of them again to see what I might have missed. I'm hopeful it will help me watch movies a little differently in the future.
Sheri Freeland
I so enjoyed this book on God in the movies. I love to watch movies and especially those with redemptive messages. This book showed me I wasn't the only one who could be a Christian and enjoy "secular" movies. Thank you Ken Gire!
Amanda
Christmas present, thanks Mom! I enjoyed the analysis of the films I had seen, but should have skipped the chapters on the films I haven't seen - spoilers.
Leigh McLeroy
Ken Gire is such a thoughtful observer of life, including the movies. I truly enjoyed this book.
Deana
Really, really liked this one. New perspective on movie watching.
Andy Kerckhoff
I think every Christian teenager should read this book.
Bethany
Bethany marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2014
Lilian Talita
Lilian Talita marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2014
Mitzi Adkinson
Mitzi Adkinson marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2013
Rich
Rich added it
May 12, 2013
Jill
Jill added it
Jan 10, 2013
Serena
Serena marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2013
Marshal Miller
Marshal Miller marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
Ken Gire is the author of more than 20 books, including "The Divine Embrace," "Windows of the Soul," "The Work of His Hands," the Moments with the Savior series, and the Reflective Life series. He has also co-authored "The Birthright" with John Sheasby. Two of his books have been awarded a Gold Medallion. A full-time writer and speaker, Ken is the founder of Reflective Living, a nonprofit ministry ...more
More about Ken Gire...
Windows of the Soul: Experiencing God in New Ways Moments with the Savior: A Devotional Life of Christ (Moments with the Savior) (Moments with the Savior Series) Intimate Moments with the Savior: Learning to Love (Moments with the Savior) (Moments with the Savior Series) Treasure in an Oatmeal Box: The Story of a Special Boy and the People Who Loved Him The Reflective Life: Becoming More Spiritually Sensitive to the Everday Moments of Life (Reflective Living Series)