The Parting/The Forbidden/The Longing (The Courtship of Nellie Fisher, #1-3)

The Parting/The Forbidden/The Longing (The Courtship of Nellie Fisher #1-3)

4.45 of 5 stars 4.45  ·  rating details  ·  445 ratings  ·  15 reviews
A new novel cycle by Beverly Lewis will bring joy to the hearts of fans of Annie's people and Abram's daughters. Like its predecessors, The Courtship of Nellie Fisher blends romance and devotion to family and religious issues. Gentle characters; lyrical prose.\
Published October 1st 2008 by Bethany House Publishers (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about The Parting/The Forbidden/The Longing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Parting/The Forbidden/The Longing

Hannah
I loved this series! This series reminded me why I asked for salvation.
Amada Chavez
The Parting:

This book is wonderful for many reasons, and not just the interesting and lovable characters. The Parting is full of Amish history, and contains mystery and secrets. A must read, this whole series flows beautifully together. I have a warning though: if you read all three of these books one right after the other you may start using Amish phrases, ain't so? :)

My song choice for this book is: "What A Friend We Have In Jesus" by the Cluster Pluckers.

~ASC

Acts John 3 (Read it, Believe it,...more
Amada Chavez
The Parting:

~ASC

Acts John 3 (Read it, Believe it,...more
Darlene Love wood
Couldn't put it down. I know it's fiction but a great look into the lives of the Amish
Emmaauty
Set in the Amish community in the US, an interesting romance by dint of its cultural background. The author seems to have family connections to the community, hopefully making it more authentic. Lot of religious content.
I absolutely loved this series. It was an easy read, and I never got bored...I just wanted to keep reading it to find out more! It's very detailed without being over detailed. It reminded me very much if the Angels Trilogy by Lurlene McDaniel.
Sandy
I've never read any Beverly Lewis' books until now. I loved this series! A fascinating look into the Amish culture. I enjoyed meeting each character and was left with wanting more. It has definitely peaked my interests in her other books.
I love reading about the purity and simplicity of the Amish way of life in Beverly Lewis' books. This series was good but did wrap up a bit quickly at the end.
Annette
I just LOVE all of Beverly Lewis' books that I've read. It's always so hard to put them down!
Carolyn
I thought the book was a wonderful insight to the Amish community in the late 60's.
Dayna
I lov this book and lov the series Courtship of Nellie Fisher...
Kathy
Very good, suspenseful. Interesting view of the Amish society split.
Theresa
I cried at some points where the characters found Christ.
April Horvath
Couldn't put it down.
Elizabeth Moniz o'shea
Elizabeth Moniz o'shea marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2014
Debra Hostetler
Debra Hostetler marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2014
Liza
Liza added it
Aug 06, 2014
Jeannie Merriman
Jeannie Merriman is currently reading it
Aug 03, 2014
Tatrice Cato
Tatrice Cato marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2014
  • The Hope Chest (Brides of Lancaster County, #4)
  • A Hand to Hold (Hearts of Middlefield, #3)
  • Wild Horses (Sadie's Montana #1)
  • When the Morning Comes (Sisters of the Quilt, #2)
  • A Life of Joy (Kauffman Amish Bakery, #4)
  • Plain Promise (Daughters of the Promise, #3)
  • Spring's Renewal (Seasons of Sugarcreek, #2)

Beverly Lewis, raised in Pennsylvania Amish country and both a schoolteacher and an accomplished musician, has been an award-winning author for over a dozen years. Her acclaimed novel, The Preacher's Daughter, was a 2006 Quill Book Award finalist in the romance category. Her books have appeared on numerous best...more
More about Beverly Lewis...
The Shunning (The Heritage of Lancaster County, #1) The Covenant (Abram's Daughters, #1) The Betrayal (Abram's Daughters, #2) The Sacrifice (Abram's Daughters, #3) The Prodigal (Abram's Daughters, #4)