Start by marking “The Parting/The Forbidden/The Longing (The Courtship of Nellie Fisher, #1-3)” as Want to Read:
The Parting/The Forbidden/The Longing (The Courtship of Nellie Fisher, #1-3)

The Parting/The Forbidden/The Longing (The Courtship of Nellie Fisher #1-3)

A new novel cycle by Beverly Lewis will bring joy to the hearts of fans of Annie's people and Abram's daughters. Like its predecessors, The Courtship of Nellie Fisher blends romance and devotion to family and religious issues. Gentle characters; lyrical prose.\
Published October 1st 2008 by Bethany House Publishers (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about The Parting/The Forbidden/The Longing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Parting/The Forbidden/The Longing

Hannah
Jun 11, 2012 Hannah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this series! This series reminded me why I asked for salvation.
ASC Book Reviews
Dec 18, 2012 ASC Book Reviews rated it it was amazing
The Parting:

This book is wonderful for many reasons, and not just the interesting and lovable characters. The Parting is full of Amish history, and contains mystery and secrets. A must read, this whole series flows beautifully together. I have a warning though: if you read all three of these books one right after the other you may start using Amish phrases, ain't so? :)

My song choice for this book is: "What A Friend We Have In Jesus" by the Cluster Pluckers.

~ASC

Acts John 3 (Read it, Believe it,
Geri
Dec 11, 2014 Geri rated it really liked it
Shelves: amish
I regret not reading these consecutively, I could not remember some details of the first two by the time I read the third one. It was reasonably satisfactory in spite of that lapse. I like all of the Beverly Lewis books that I have read, and this trilogy is no exception. I especially like the inside look of the way the splits in the Old Order Amish played out.
Emmaa22
Feb 17, 2014 Emmaa22 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, drama
Set in the Amish community in the US, an interesting romance by dint of its cultural background. The author seems to have family connections to the community, hopefully making it more authentic. Lot of religious content.
Sandy
Apr 29, 2009 Sandy rated it it was amazing
I've never read any Beverly Lewis' books until now. I loved this series! A fascinating look into the Amish culture. I enjoyed meeting each character and was left with wanting more. It has definitely peaked my interests in her other books.
May 31, 2013 Laura rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: faith-filled
I absolutely loved this series. It was an easy read, and I never got bored...I just wanted to keep reading it to find out more! It's very detailed without being over detailed. It reminded me very much if the Angels Trilogy by Lurlene McDaniel.
Annette
Dec 20, 2013 Annette rated it it was amazing
I just LOVE all of Beverly Lewis' books that I've read. It's always so hard to put them down!
Theresa
Nov 18, 2012 Theresa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I cried at some points where the characters found Christ.
Kathy
Aug 28, 2012 Kathy rated it it was amazing
Very good, suspenseful. Interesting view of the Amish society split.
April Horvath
Jul 21, 2012 April Horvath rated it really liked it
Couldn't put it down.
Kimberly
loved these books!
Jeannie Merriman
Aug 03, 2014 Jeannie Merriman rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very good story. Shows how the love of our Lord can bring so much peace those close to us.
Cindy Jackson-Baker
Nov 25, 2015 Cindy Jackson-Baker rated it really liked it
As with almost all Beverly Lewis books, I didn't want to leave my Amish friends and couldn't wait until the next book.
Janet Garrett
Dec 11, 2012 Janet Garrett rated it really liked it
good series
Jul 31, 2009 Sarah rated it liked it
I love reading about the purity and simplicity of the Amish way of life in Beverly Lewis' books. This series was good but did wrap up a bit quickly at the end.
Dayna
Dec 13, 2008 Dayna rated it it was amazing
I lov this book and lov the series Courtship of Nellie Fisher...
Darlene Love wood
Jul 22, 2014 Darlene Love wood rated it it was amazing
Couldn't put it down. I know it's fiction but a great look into the lives of the Amish
Kristina
Kristina rated it it was amazing
Jul 08, 2013
Vicki Honn clarkson
Vicki Honn clarkson rated it it was amazing
Jan 07, 2013
Amanda Sue
Amanda Sue rated it it was amazing
Jun 05, 2016
Christa
Christa rated it it was amazing
Mar 11, 2012
Leilani Serfontein
Leilani Serfontein rated it it was amazing
Jul 24, 2014
Debbie
Debbie rated it it was amazing
Mar 28, 2015
Angela
Angela rated it it was amazing
Jan 15, 2014
Dls
Dls rated it really liked it
Nov 14, 2012
Dolores
Dolores rated it it was amazing
Dec 20, 2013
Esther
Esther rated it it was ok
Sep 25, 2015
Chrissy
Chrissy rated it it was amazing
Feb 21, 2013
Stephanie Howard
Stephanie Howard rated it really liked it
Jul 15, 2015
  • Daughters of Lancaster County (Daughters of Lancaster County, #1-3)
  • Lost in Plain Sight (The Brotherhood of the Raven #1.5)
  • A Hand to Hold (Hearts of Middlefield, #3)
  • An Amish Love: Three Amish Novellas
  • Spring's Renewal (Seasons of Sugarcreek, #2)

Beverly Lewis, raised in Pennsylvania Amish country and both a schoolteacher and an accomplished musician, has been an award-winning author for over a dozen years. Her acclaimed novel, The Preacher's Daughter, was a 2006 Quill Book Award finalist in the romance category. Her books have appeared on numerous best
More about Beverly Lewis...

The Courtship of Nellie Fisher (3 books)
  • The Parting (The Courtship of Nellie Fisher, #1)
  • The Forbidden (The Courtship of Nellie Fisher, #2)
  • The Longing (The Courtship of Nellie Fisher, #3)