Start by marking “Beyond This Moment” as Want to Read:
Beyond This Moment

Beyond This Moment

3.51  ·  Rating Details  ·  59 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
Inside Jacket cover:
"...Romance and a good love story....
..Clean, moral living is the true road to prompt as well as lasting popularity which brings not only ultimate happiness but unspeakable joy to those who weather the storms of life with honesty, integrity, faith and prayer. The purpose of this book is to lend courage to all those who try to see beyond a heartache to
Published 1977 by Seventies Mission Bookstore, Provo Utah

To ask other readers questions about Beyond This Moment, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beyond This Moment

Jen Jenson
Jun 14, 2015 Jen Jenson rated it really liked it
When I read this, I really liked this book... I was 16.

As far as LDS Authors, I am not a fan. Even back as a teenager. However, I remember liking Shirley Sealy. I haven't dared re-read them, as I enjoy the small happy memories I have of her books.
Debby
Aug 02, 2015 Debby added it
Shelves: fiction, romance, lds
Janey leaves her Utah Mormon home to stay with inactive relatives in CT to recover from the death of her fiancé Kip, 3 days before their wedding. She meets non-member Kelly Devereaux and they fall in love, get engaged, break it off, get re-engaged.

This is a semi-reasonably good book if you're Mormon. Sealy uses lots of Mormon terms. It's sentimentalized and idealized especially at the end. I think Mormon fiction has rom for improvement if this is typical of the genre. (written in 1978 when the g
Freyja Vanadis
Sep 21, 2015 Freyja Vanadis rated it it was ok
Hopelessly dated, hopelessly preachy. I was given this book as a Christmas gift in probably 9th grade, and I loved it back then because I was still very Mormon. But I was still uncomfortable at how preachy the author is, especially when it comes to women being subservient to men. And reading it now makes me offended to my very core.
Kimberly
Aug 20, 2009 Kimberly rated it it was amazing
This is one of my ALL TIME FAVS!!!! I know parts of it can be cheesy... but I can't help but love it!!!! My mom got the book as a young teenager after it first came out. When I became a young teenager she pasted it down to me. I've read it at least once a year since then!!!! It helped me to always keep my head up and know that happy endings can be possible!!!!!
Amber
Jul 21, 2009 Amber rated it it was ok
I have heard a lot about this author (maybe from just living in Utah?) and thought I'd give it a shot. The book wasn't horrible, but just very dramatic, and a bit too mormon-cheesy for my taste. (And I'm sure the age of the book doesn't help much either!)
Oh, well...now I know!
Mary Lou
Dec 03, 2013 Mary Lou rated it liked it
Great love story of one who overcomes struggles.

Once you make friends with pain, your pain works for you and not against you.

When one is converted he gains knowledge very rapidly and sometimes passes those who have had the truth around them all their lives.
Ralynn
Jan 06, 2014 Ralynn rated it it was amazing
good book I loved it.
Erika
Sep 09, 2011 Erika rated it it was amazing
Loved this book! It was written by a Mormon author,so naturally I KNEW it was going to be good! And my mom recommended it to me...I couldn't stop reading!
Laurie
Apr 03, 2008 Laurie rated it really liked it
I really liked this book and it showed that good, moral, relationships ARE possible!
Wendy
Jun 17, 2012 Wendy rated it really liked it
Charming, a sweet love story, but predictable.
Diane Ward
loved it!!!
Mary Smith
Mary Smith rated it really liked it
Apr 17, 2016
Dennea Hedding
Dennea Hedding rated it liked it
Feb 26, 2016
Maddi
Maddi added it
Jan 02, 2016
Hilary Thomas
Hilary Thomas rated it liked it
Nov 05, 2015
Angieluila Bradley
Angieluila Bradley rated it really liked it
Sep 15, 2015
Ladawn
Ladawn rated it liked it
Sep 07, 2015
Sherri Condie Sillitoe
Sherri Condie Sillitoe rated it really liked it
Jun 18, 2015
Swhe641200
Swhe641200 rated it liked it
May 08, 2015
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it it was ok
Apr 25, 2015
Laundrylady
Laundrylady rated it really liked it
Apr 07, 2015
Wendy Gorringe
Wendy Gorringe rated it liked it
Mar 19, 2015
Kaye
Kaye added it
Jan 18, 2015
Adrien Habineza
Adrien Habineza marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2014
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
Cheryl
Cheryl rated it liked it
Jul 17, 2014