We Were There, Vol. 2

We Were There, Vol. 2 (We Were There #2)

4.11 of 5 stars 4.11  ·  rating details  ·  509 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Nanami Takahashi falls for Motoharu Yano, the most popular, carefree boy in class. For Nanami, it's first love, but Yano is still grieving the death of his girlfriend who died the year before.

You know, that guy...He doesn't seem to need anybody else. I don't know how to put it, but...No matter how much we talk or what we do...It doesn't reach him.
Published January 6th 2009 by VIZ Media LLC (first published February 26th 2003)

Nana, Vol. 1 by Ai YazawaFruits Basket, Volume 12 by Natsuki TakayaNana, Vol. 21 by Ai YazawaOuran High School Host Club, Vol. 05 by Bisco HatoriNana, Vol. 4 by Ai Yazawa
Most touching mangas
59th out of 112 books — 17 voters
Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireThe Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsCatching Fire by Suzanne CollinsThe Truth About Forever by Sarah DessenMockingjay by Suzanne Collins
best young adult romance books
110th out of 113 books — 86 voters

More lists with this book...

dkanon
Something about Yamamoto rubs me the wrong way I'm mean i know it sucks her sister died but from the sounds of she didn't even like her sister. She is just the ultimate downer for me and maybe i should have more sympathy for her but i just don't. I don't really relate with any of the characters so far maybe Takeuchi he is very likable. I think this has been a slow read so far hard to really get into but there is something to be said for a casual read easy to pick up and put down. I watched the a...more
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
Story getting interesting. Alright sequel.
Georgina
Just padding out my 2011 challenge with an easy read from my Christmas haul.

I've seen the anime a few times, so this volume yielded no surprises but there are some very important developments in this volume. Including some important back story so its not one that can be skipped.

Very sweet and fun at the moment but the tears are going to start falling soon.
Christina
It's the anniversary of Yano's ex's death, and he spends his time reminiscing in his memories of the days he spent with her.
Yano finds that whenever Nana's around him his guard drops, because of this he begins to avoid her, but he doesn't want to leave her and hurt her. Could this mean he likes her?
Destiny
This was a good volume I thought in most respects. Yano had dream about his ex-girlfriend. Thus we learned more about her. (view spoiler)
Candice M (tinylibrarian)
The story of Yano (male lead) and Nana (female lead) really pick up in this volume. The plot of this series is refreshing and very different from most shojo manga series. It also touches on important issues like the complexities of abusive relationships and victimization.
Ruhana36
It was sad but I loved it. :)
Mehsi
We finally learn of Yano's ex-girlfriend, and it is confession time. It was soooo cute. <3 <3 <3
And that date afterwards. Aww. *sighs from happiness*
Kerry
Aug 22, 2009 Kerry rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: manga
This was a little confusing. The flashback (once I realized that's what it was) really threw me for a loop. Not the best I've ever read.
Almira
This, being a romance story...is too fast for me. Well, I guess high school really runs on a different speed.
Sofia
Apr 06, 2010 Sofia rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: manga
4/6/10 It too chesey, complicated and sad. I didn't finish it.
Carrie
I'm so curious to see what happens next!!
Ambrosia
Not usually into this type of book.
Kimikimi
Full review on last volume
Jasmine Saunders
this book keeps amazing me
Snow
read for fun
Taffy
Taffy marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2014
B§нỢŏг
B§нỢŏг marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2014
Raya
Raya added it
Apr 11, 2014
Lynn Hogan
Lynn Hogan marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2014
Stacie
Stacie marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2014
  • Kimi ni Todoke: From Me to You, Vol. 05
  • Nana, Vol. 13 (Nana, #13)
  • Love*Com (Lovely*Complex), Volume 4