Start by marking “Thermodynamics” as Want to Read:
Thermodynamics

Thermodynamics

4.01  ·  Rating Details  ·  492 Ratings  ·  27 Reviews
Adopting a physical, practical approach rather than a theoretical mathematical one, the authors promote a clearer understanding of the basic principles of thermodynamics. This text also includes nearly 2000 class-tested problems.
Published December 1st 2006 by McGraw-Hill Higher Education (first published January 1st 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Thermodynamics, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Thermodynamics

Lucia
Jan 07, 2014 Lucia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: textbook
totally worth to read, especially when you have a not so good lecturer.. this book (and the solution manual as well) gives a detailed step to solve a problem related to thermodynamics..

well, it's boring n thick, but it's definitely a good textbook
Vinodh
Jul 06, 2014 Vinodh rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves:
This is the one of the best book that i have read on thermodynamics,
I have download this ebook and read from
Haytham Badawey
THE BEST BOOK EVERY ON THERMODYNAMICS FOR ENGINEERS.

I LOVE THIS BOOK SO MUCH!
Ibraheem Al-Bazei
الطاقة في هذا الكون لاتفنى ولا يمكن استحداثها من العدم -بمشيئة الله- بكل تأكيد. لكن! سؤال هنا يكمن في أنه هل يوجد طاقات من على هذه الأرض والكون غير ما تعلمناه؟ بحيث أصبح عصرنا هو عصر الطاقات المتجدّدة؟ هل انتهى كل شيء حتى هذه اللحظة الّتي تنظر فيها ساعتك؟

اختار لنا سبحانه الأرض من بين بلايين الكواكب داخل مليارات من الجرات لملاءمتها، لتوفر أسباب العيش فيها. قال تعالى: { هو الّذي جعل لكم الأرض ذلولا } . فسبحانه له في خلقه شؤون!.

لو عرّض جسم الإنسان إلى ضغط التفريغ الموجود في الكون من دون أن يرتدي ال
Zhang Stanley
Loved this textbook.
Feel everyone should read a little of thermodynamics and understand the first and especially the second law a little.
Thermodynamics is not only science, it's a philosophy and I think it can help everyone achieve more in life.
Arya
Jul 25, 2014 Arya rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you are an engineer , you NEED TO READ THIS BOOK.

It gives you the basics of Thermodynamics, that ALL GOOD ENGINEER need to know.

Need to have this on your shelf
Ahmad Kishki
No explanation included in the book.
Azim
Jul 19, 2015 Azim marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
nice to read
Marouumi
May 16, 2014 Marouumi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Totally worth it ! Very well explained examples.. The way the book represents new subjects by illustrations and life-related text is a plus
Neevan
Aug 23, 2015 Neevan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
good
Ibrahim
Feb 01, 2014 Ibrahim rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
want to read
Mariana Espinal
It was very boring and long... but as an engineer you learn to make the most of it. I bought another thermodyanmics book to use as a supplement to this one... it was much better written... had better examples and the format just helped aid memorization.

I had the international copy so it was black and white! I'm sure in color it would be better!

Chrysanthos
Mar 21, 2011 Chrysanthos rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is probably the best book in applied thermodynamics. I originaly encountered these books while I was an engineering undergraduate and studying them gave me some solid foundations in thermodynamics.
The books are very easy to read so not much previous experience in physics is required to understand the new concepts.
Swaroop
Apr 09, 2013 Swaroop rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Excellent book for beginners (high school seniors, college freshmen/sophomores). There is no in-depth explanation of concepts, but this is exactly what's needed for a basic level.
Shakir Zainuddin
Aug 12, 2013 Shakir Zainuddin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Engineering students
Great book with beautiful illustrations, thorough explanations and plenty of exercises to boost understanding. Totally recommended for engineering students.
Yusuf
Sep 06, 2007 Yusuf rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anak kuliahan
Shelves: nonfiction
hahaha.... ada tho..
ayo2 yang mau ujian silahken baca buku bagus ini.

yang mau baca yang panas-panas silahkan baca buku ini, lengkap deh panasnya.
Brent
Feb 27, 2010 Brent rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thermodynamics is the study of energy, which is the ability to change or effect change. It gave new insight into spiral energy and spiral lifeforms
Hildur
I don't know if it's just this book and my teacher's lack if inspiration but after this semester I've established that I hate thermodynamics.
Heidie Loudermilk
Wow this is my third time reading this thing!

I wish it had more IP units this book is about 95% metric which I haven't used since college.
Greg
Nov 01, 2008 Greg rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Mechanical Engineers and curious minds
Recommended to Greg by: My professor
Shelves:
Good stuff. Our teacher is having us summarize every paragraph. Surprising, isn't it, that I'm doing best in this class. ;)
Gagan
Jun 26, 2007 Gagan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone interested in learning about Heat and it's dynamics.
Great book about Heat. If anyone wants me to calculate the dynamics of heat on beams, I am your man.
Mugilan
Jun 16, 2012 Mugilan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
great book for thermal engineering to get through the basics
Anya
Sep 06, 2007 Anya rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: mahasiswa TF ITB
LOL!
Definitely the must have book for Physics Engineer...
Nnestaa Aloha
Faiza
May 03, 2008 Faiza rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I m missing Sir.Mohsin!!!
Eskew
Nov 25, 2010 Eskew added it
i think am happy!
Assefa Tesfaye
Dec 16, 2010 Assefa Tesfaye is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
hey
Eivram Cabacog
May 23, 2013 Eivram Cabacog rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
awesome
  • Mechanics of Materials - 5th Si Ed No Us Rights
  • Heat Transfer
  • Numerical Methods for Engineers
  • Fluid Mechanics
  • Applied Statistics and Probability for Engineers [With Free Access to Online Student Resources]
  • Manufacturing Engineering and Technology
  • Modern Control Systems (10th Edition)
  • Thermodynamics
  • Strange Beauty: Murray Gell-Mann and the Revolution in Twentieth-Century Physics
  • Lectures on Quantum Mechanics

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »