Start by marking “When Dawn Breaks (Satrins, #1)” as Want to Read:
When Dawn Breaks (Satrins, #1)

Read eBook

When Dawn Breaks (Satrins #1)

The alien, Lucifer, didn't just bear an uncanny resemblance, and the name, of the demon of ancient lore, everything about him -- from his wings and horns, to the red skin and his "forked" tail, to his ability to "enthrall" -- screamed that the legends arose from this people who has to have visited Earth in their distant past!
It made Nicole wary -- but not nearly wary enoug
Published 2007

To ask other readers questions about When Dawn Breaks, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about When Dawn Breaks

Sammy Loves Books
4.5 Freaky Deaky Alien Sex Stars

description

Lucifer has traveled to Earth, seeking help for his planet, and to warn us of the plague that is traveling our way. His dark red skin, wings, horns and forked tail were a bit much for Earthlings, so needless to say we captured Lucifer and threw him into a lab to be tortured and studied.

d

There is one scientist that catches Lucifer's eye. His desire for her is so strong, she must be his mate. But how can he can he ever be with her? He needs to escape Earth, and find
Frankly Frankie
Oct 12, 2016 Frankly Frankie rated it did not like it
Definitely a noncon book. The males of this species have a kiss and venom that literally stupifies a female/can control their arousal. This was used categorically to silence, stupify, manipulate and kidnap the two heroines.
Heroines also not that palatable one wanted to fight everything even herself while the other one was the queen of the shrinking violets.
Daisiemae
Apr 02, 2008 Daisiemae rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Kaitlyn O'Connor fans/Futuristic Romance readers/ Erotica Readers
Recommended to Daisiemae by: Julie recommended the author
This book is the prequel to When the Night Falls by Kaitlyn O'Connor. It is about Luciens father Lucifer. This is my second book by this author, and once again she is becoming a fast favorite author of mine. I am looking forward to reading her other books and I hope she continues this series, because she leaves some stones unturned.
Lucifer has been captured and held hostage by the American Government. He is tired of being stuck with needles and studied like some freak of nature. No one believes
Carolyn F.
Jun 10, 2011 Carolyn F. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: erotic, ebook
This one has parallel worlds instead of space travel.

Nicole is a scientist who has been hired to study Luc, a traveler from another world who had come to warn them of a plague that is making it's way through the worlds and instead is captured and experimented on to eventually be destroyed. Nicole feels bad for him but doesn't do shit to save him. He hates her but is still attracted to her, which we find out about later. I really wanted to keep hating Nicole, but I just couldn't keep it up.

Luc i
Gabriela
Jul 24, 2012 Gabriela rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy, romance
As far as characters go, I'm - for once - happy with running into a cowardly one. I know that, basically, your average heroine should be strong and confident but it really does get old after some 50 books of the same constitution. On the other hand, Lucifer somewhat covered for what Nicole lacked and I'm fine with that.

Plot-wise: it was a bit slow-moving but I suppose it couldn't be avoided. Perhaps a bit less inner-psychology would have made me more content but I'm good with as-is.

The major d
Ladymcbeth
Dec 20, 2012 Ladymcbeth rated it really liked it
Shelves: sci-fi, erotica, romance, alien
I'm happy that I read the book after the second one... it's better !

Good story, and Lucifer is great.
Maybe there is a little too much hassle from the hero and heroin !
S.J. Abbo
It didn't impress me like I hope it will. Shame...
Shasha
Ridiculous cover.

I read the second one first and found that the world building didn't support each other well.

I liked that the heroine was different. I wasn't expecting a second woman, along with her POV (view spoiler). And this woman says she is friends with the h?! The emotions
Lucy
Mar 18, 2015 Lucy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a prequel to When Night Falls and covers Lucifer, or Luc, who is the father of Lucien, the hero in the next book.

Luc has travelled to Earth to warn them of the plague that has decimated his own planet, but is captured and chained up in a cell to be studied. One of the scientists, Nicole, seems to be sympathetic to him and is obviously reluctant to treat him as "an interesting speciman". As he studies her while she studies him, he begins to want her for his mate.

The scientists want to stu
Kiki
Sep 16, 2011 Kiki rated it it was ok
I really enjoy Kaitlyn O'Connor, but this book annoyed me. The heroine was so blah. She was too scared to do anything. She wouldn't look at him because she felt guilty, she wouldn't help him because she was too scared he'd lead invaders to Earth, while never bothering to ask him. I found nothing compelling about her. The antiheroine Sandra was much more compelling and was much more someone I'd want at my back in a fight. I couldn't understand Lucifer's intense reaction to her at all.
Midnight Sapp
Nov 15, 2011 Midnight Sapp rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Erotic-Alien Readers / Futuristic Romance Readers
Another great story by kailtyn O'Connor, loved the world she created for this one.really liked the characters, specially Lucifer, who is not your normal male protagonist, but still you gotta love him.
Lisa
Dec 17, 2013 Lisa rated it it was ok
I would have liked this book much more if not the main woman drove me crazy. I was more annoyed than anything when I read this, even if it is essentially a charming history.
Summary: Easy to read, annoying main character with the abrupt ending. But quite ok story
Mara
Nov 30, 2011 Mara rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, futuristic
The Kaitlyn O'Connor I prefer. Still romantic, still hot but without overdoing. Reading Lucifer's story after Lucien is somewhat weird, though :)
Sofs
Jun 10, 2015 Sofs rated it did not like it
As usual the book cover is horrible.

But there's just one thing about Kaitlyn O'Connor's books: the covers might be terrible but the books are great!
Kimberly Bollinger
Kimberly Bollinger rated it liked it
Dec 16, 2013
Joyel
Joyel rated it really liked it
Jul 13, 2013
Shameless
Shameless rated it really liked it
Mar 25, 2012
Jacki
Jacki rated it really liked it
Jun 09, 2014
Djg
Djg rated it liked it
Jul 13, 2011
Melody
Melody rated it really liked it
Apr 05, 2016
Mashkai
Mashkai rated it liked it
Dec 08, 2011
Heather Fortman
Heather Fortman rated it it was amazing
May 12, 2014
Areadne Andre  Geor  Petaal
Areadne Andre Geor Petaal rated it it was amazing
May 03, 2013
Reg79let
Reg79let rated it liked it
Jun 19, 2015
Josie Klares
Josie Klares rated it it was amazing
Dec 12, 2011
Lauren
Lauren rated it liked it
Mar 23, 2014
Marta
Marta rated it it was amazing
Jun 19, 2011
GreenBook
GreenBook rated it liked it
Nov 28, 2015
Lanthe
Lanthe rated it it was amazing
Mar 13, 2015
Mary Bess
Mary Bess rated it liked it
Apr 16, 2015
  • Charlie's Bargain
  • Captured
  • Conquest: Earth
  • Demon's Captive (War Tribe, #1)
  • Promises to Keep (Gaian Stories #1)
  • Fallen Star (Interstellar Service & Discipline, #2)
  • Alien Overnight (Aliens Overnight #1)
  • Oath of Seduction: Seducing Sharon (Shimerian Oath, #1)
  • Brianna (Celestial Passions, #1)
  • The Starlight Rite
  • Love's Captive (Volarn, #1)
  • Alien Refuge (Clans of Kalquor, #7)
  • Breeding Ground
  • The Commander's Slave
  • Berrr's Vow (Zorn Warriors, #4)
  • The Huntress
  • Starkissed
  • Lyon's Price (Zodiac Cyborgs, #1)
Stats:
Kaitlyn has written and completed nearly 140 intellectual properties under several pen names in different genres.
She has written over 8,000,000 (yes, more than 8 million!) words in published works.
She has nearly 50 partials in various genres in various stages of completion. :0
In 2004 she wrote 27 different stories which, together, amounted to nearly a million ‘printed’ words.
However her
More about Kaitlyn O'Connor...

Satrins (2 books)
  • When Night Falls (Satrins, #2)