Start by marking “Mary Anne's Book (The Baby-Sitters Club Portrait Collection)” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Mary Anne's Book

Ann M. Martin

Mary Anne's Book (The Baby-Sitters Club Portrait Collection #4)

3.60  ·  Rating Details  ·  173 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
Contains information about Mary Anne, including what it was like for her growing up without a mother, her fear of performing in public, and how she got to know her grandmother.
155 pages
Published (first published January 1st 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Mary Anne's Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mary Anne's Book

Ciara
Apr 25, 2011 Ciara rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
reading this book was like torture. i think i read anna karenina faster. this is another one of those supposed "autobiographies" that each 13-year-old member of the babysitters club writes for school. mary anne reminisces about the time that richard gave her away to her grandparents, even though she has no memories of living with them; being enrolled in a summer ballet class & making herself physically sick from the anxiety she felt about performing in the class recital (once she admitted he ...more
Laura Hughes
The Portrait Collection is a series of the Baby-sitters Club girls' school-assigned "autobiographies," which take the form of 2- to 3-chapter short stories about their childhoods. I'll summarize and review each story individually.

The Tea Party (age 6): Mary Anne is embarrassed when the kids laugh because she plans to her father to a mother's day tea party at school. She has a strict teacher and she worries that she's done the wrong thing. She decides to invite Claudia's grandmother Mimi instead.
Rena
This was clearly for nostalgia sake. I've been getting in touch with those childhood books I was in love with way back when, and Mary Anne's Book was interesting (mostly the parts about knowing her deceased mother), but a little boring elsewhere.
Kayla
Jan 09, 2016 Kayla rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book took me forever to read. I kept stopping to count how many pages I had left. Mary Anne is the most boring, sappiest BSC member.
Jenny
May 10, 2015 Jenny rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
22/25
Rachel Brand
Loved this! I am such a Mary Anne. I totally understand her shyness, although I experienced it more in my teens than in my childhood. It was nice to see that not all the stories had an entirely happy ending - Mary Anne never totally overcome her shyness and everything wasn't completely rosy between her dad and her grandma. Her life story was realistic. Overall, a very sweet read and it was lovely to see the interactions between the girls as kids, especially Kristy looking out for Mary Anne. 10/1 ...more
Kristina
Loved all the Portrait Collection! I thought I was so awesome when I got them all haha!
Amy Holcomb
Oct 03, 2013 Amy Holcomb rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Baby-sitters Club series was my favorite growing up! :)
Amanda S
Got bored. Read this. Hilarious trip down nostalgia lane.
Kerry Connelly
Kerry Connelly marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2016
C Ryan
C Ryan added it
Jan 31, 2016
Kayla
Kayla added it
Jan 30, 2016
Katie Loucks
Katie Loucks marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2016
Jaymi
Jaymi added it
Jan 23, 2016
Natalie
Natalie marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2016
Grace
Grace rated it liked it
Jan 09, 2016
Roxy
Roxy marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2015
Katie Murray
Katie Murray marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2015
Shira
Shira marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2015
Jo
Jo added it
Dec 22, 2015
Terri
Terri added it
Dec 11, 2015
Lauren Kay
Lauren Kay marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2015
V
V marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2015
Rebecca Ryan
Rebecca Ryan rated it it was ok
Nov 24, 2015
Natalí
Natalí rated it really liked it
Dec 13, 2015
Alili
Alili rated it liked it
Nov 06, 2015
Kate
Kate added it
Nov 05, 2015
  • The Little Mermaid
  • The Twins Hit Hollywood (Sweet Valley Twins, #107)
  • Anything But Normal
  • Hide and Seek
  • Forever Amber Brown
  • The Best of Archie Comics, Book 3
  • Mandie and the New York Secret (Mandie Books, 36)
  • Amy and Laura
  • The Mystery Bookstore (The Boxcar Children, #48)
  • As Ever, Booky (Booky, #3)
  • The Book of the Flame (Samurai Girl, #5)

More about Ann M. Martin...

The Baby-Sitters Club Portrait Collection (6 books)
  • Stacey's Book (Baby-Sitters Club Portrait Collection)
  • Claudia's Book (The Baby-Sitters Club Portrait Collection)
  • Dawn's Book (The Baby-Sitters Club Portrait Collection)
  • Kristy's Book (The Baby-Sitters Club Portrait Collection)
  • Abby's Book (The Baby-Sitters Club Portrait Collection)