Start by marking “The Art of the Dark Knight: With Complete Script” as Want to Read:
The Art of the Dark Knight: With Complete Script

The Art of the Dark Knight: With Complete Script

4.03 of 5 stars 4.03  ·  rating details  ·  73 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Critically acclaimed director Christopher Nolan follows up his blockbuster film Batman Begins with the highly anticipated The Dark Knight. Batman Begins was a successful re-boot of the popular Batman franchise, and The Dark Knight sequel takes the fresh perspective further, developing the highly anticipated, raw cat-and-mouse game between our superhero Batman and his twist...more
Published July 22nd 2008 by Universe

To ask other readers questions about The Art of the Dark Knight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Art of the Dark Knight

Bonnie
So since I've become Batman-obsessed, I decided to read through a "behind-the-scenes" book for the latest movie. If you liked "The Dark Knight" and maybe wanted to relive parts of the movie, then you're in luck. The majority of the script (think 98%) is here in this book, along with pictures and artwork. The pictures that accompany the script are tiny, which is kind of a bummer. There are several sets of artwork and drawings for the movie at the beginning of the book, but the majority of them ar...more
Rae
Of all the “art of” books that I’ve read, I’ve come across a select few that really blew me away. The first of these that I can recall was The Art of the Matrix, which was full to the brim with artist commentary, writer’s and director’s input, and an annotated copy of the original screenplay that showed the differences between the initial vision and the final product. The Art of the Dark Knight is another one of those books.

This book contains a full screenplay, concept art for the characters, se...more
Joey Cruz
This book is satisfying in some ways, disappointing in others.

The satisfying part is, "The Complete Script." The Nolans wrote an amazing story, and then filmed it almost word for word. If you liked the movie and you enjoy screenplays, this book is a must-have.

The disappointing part is, "The Art of..." Because there really isn't that much. Or, not as much as I was expecting anyway. Compared to similar books for movies like Lord of the Rings, Hellboy, The Matrix, and even the original Batman, the...more
Jacob McElroy
One of the best scripts I've ever read, the Nolan brothers (working with David Goyer) provide an action-packed, plot-driven, message-laden story with incredibly rich characters. Many people give all the credit to Heath Ledger for the great characterization of the Joker, but most of it is right here on the page. The themes of good-versus-evil, anarchy, sacrifice, and singularity of purpose are all present in this stunning, fast-paced read.
As a writer, this book (including the pre-production art a...more
Kevin de Ataíde
Interesting coffee-table sized book, with behind-the-scenes info on the movie. The most interesting bits, of course, were the creation of the 'bat-pod' and the revamped Joker character. Most of the book contains the entire script of the movie, so is fairly easy to breeze through.

Overall nice and glossy.
Damian
Byrne nails the vibe of the Bale-Ledger flick. Great info for fans, indeed.
Shamil
Shamil marked it as to-read
Oct 14, 2014
Elijah Eskin
Elijah Eskin marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2014
Peter Rust
Peter Rust marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Smallville: The Visual Guide Smallville: The Official Companion Season 5 Smallville: The Official Companion Season 6 Smallville: The Official Companion Season 7 Smallville: The Official Companion Season 4