Start by marking “Heather The Violet Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #7)” as Want to Read:
Heather The Violet Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #7)

Heather The Violet Fairy (Rainbow Fairies #7)

3.81  ·  Rating Details ·  1,835 Ratings  ·  66 Reviews
The seven Rainbow Fairies are missing! Rachel and Kirsty search for one in each RAINBOW MAGIC book. Read all seven books to help rescue the fairies and bring the sparkle back to Fairyland!
Fairyland is home to seven colorful sisters. Together, they are the Rainbow Fairies! They keep Fairyland dazzling and bright. But when evil Jack Frost sends them far away, the sisters ar
Published February 1st 2006 by Scholastic Paperbacks (first published May 29th 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Heather The Violet Fairy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Heather The Violet Fairy

Alice in Wonderland by Lewis CarrollRuby the Red Fairy by Daisy MeadowsThe Mystic Princesses and the Whirlpool by P.J. LaRueMatilda by Roald DahlThe Wonderful Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum
best childrens fantasy books ever
8th out of 74 books — 36 voters
Ruby the Red Fairy by Daisy MeadowsAmber The Orange Fairy by Daisy MeadowsSunny The Yellow Fairy by Daisy MeadowsFern The Green Fairy by Daisy MeadowsSky The Blue Fairy by Daisy Meadows
Rainbow Magic
7th out of 100 books — 2 voters

More lists with this book...

Eva Leger
Oct 13, 2010 Eva Leger rated it really liked it
Shelves: julias-books
Phew.... we've finally finished the entire Rainbow Fairy series, in order. Which was no small feat considering that we had to use the inter-library loan for a few of them, I ordered the wrong one once and the library sent the wrong one once. We also read many other shorter picture books, ours and the libraries, during the day. But.... we are done.
This is just like and just as good as the others. Julia said she likes this and the first one the best and gave me a few reasons why, one of them bein
Ella
Feb 24, 2009 Ella added it
1/28/09 Readers Response
Heather The viloet Fairy iwould give it 5 star's because it is about fairy's and i love fairy's and because i like violet stuff.I like Heather's wing's and that she is smart and i like her hair with flowers in her hair.jack frost has hid all of the rainbow fairys.
$hanel
Mar 18, 2010 $hanel rated it it was amazing
On the last book Rachel and Kirsty are on their last fairy to find which is Heather the violet fairy and boy does this one get juicy! (I know that sounds really geeky of me!) When Rachel and Kirsty are on their last day at RainSpell Island they find HEATHER THE VIOLET FAIRY! THEIR LAST FAIRY!!! Only the bad news is that Jack Frost finds out and that means that Rachel and Kirsty are in BIG trouble! (In Jack Frost`s opinion.) Will Fairy Land be dazzling forever or gray and gloomy? ...more
Sophia Dell'Aquila
Jul 06, 2016 Sophia Dell'Aquila rated it liked it
The last Rainbow fairy needs to be found, but it's the last day of their holidays for Rachel and Kirsty. Time has run out and they have no idea where to start looking for the missing fairy. Suddenly, a message on a kite tells them to follow a piece of ribbon to a carnival where Heather the Violet Fairy is stuck inside a painting. They use their magic bags (given to them by the queen of Fairyland) and brush Heather out of the picture. Suddenly, the weather turns cold and Jack Frost appears. Heath ...more
Mckayla
Jul 13, 2009 Mckayla rated it it was amazing
(9 3/4) Gerasimos
Feb 10, 2013 (9 3/4) Gerasimos rated it liked it
Shelves: own
I loved this as a child. Yes I know I am a boy and this should appeal to girls only, but fairies (kind and beautiful on the outside, dark on the inside) always fascinated me. I was a strange kid.
Temereani
May 11, 2015 Temereani rated it really liked it
My overall review for the rainbow fairy series

When I was younger I absolutely loved this series because I loved (and still do) fairies and magic etc. but now when I read the original series I'm trying really hard to finish them and figure out why I liked them in the first place. Yes they were about fairies and the two girls had a lot of belief in them but that was pretty much it all they had going for them, because the stories are so similar and repetitive that after I finish it I need to reread
Lolly
Feb 23, 2009 Lolly rated it liked it
The same as all the others, cute little story about goblins and fairies. Ellie read this one to ME. It's so fun having a daughter who loves to read like I do.
Alexa
Dec 29, 2011 Alexa rated it liked it
This is a great book. I think you should read this book.
Magdalene
Jun 07, 2009 Magdalene rated it it was amazing
Heather was great!
Dolly
Mar 01, 2011 Dolly rated it liked it
Recommends it for: children starting to read chapter books
This is the last of seven books in the original Rainbow Magic series by the group of authors who go by the pseudonym Daisy Meadows. This series is the first of the many (about 125!) books in the Rainbow Magic series (yes, it confused me at first, too.) In any case, I'm not sure why we waited so long to read these original books, as now our oldest is finally reading about how Rachel and Kirsty got together with the fairies in the first place. Our oldest took a little break from fairies, but is ge ...more
Irene
Mar 16, 2013 Irene rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Girls in Pre-K through 2nd Grade
Recommended to Irene by: Isabelle's 1st Grade Classmate
This book worked well as a satisfying conclusion for the series. It was fun seeing all the fairies again, all together!

I like how even though these stories are formulaic - in each book, the girls find a fairy while goblins try to stop them - there is still a respectable amount of variety to make each story unique. In this one, when the girls find Heather the Violet Fairy, goblins are nowhere to be seen. It's not until all seven fairies are reunited that Jack Frost himself causes trouble.

Surpri
Cecelia
May 17, 2015 Cecelia rated it it was amazing
Rachel and Kristy go out to play and they're flying their kites and on one of the kite strings, there was a piece of violet ribbon and it said, in big gray letters, FOLLOW ME. The ribbon flew away in the wind. They followed it to a fun festival. They went on the merry-go-round and saw a picture of horses on the beach in the middle of it. Riding one of the horses was Heather the Violet Fairy.
lola Franco
Dec 31, 2014 lola Franco rated it did not like it
Shelves: children
the last of the rainbow fairies. but wait, lucy tells me there are so many more. jewel fairies, weather fairies, party. aaaggghhh.
Gracie
Mar 19, 2016 Gracie rated it it was amazing
Heather the Violet Fairy is in a spin. Perhaps the colourful carousel horses can lead Rachel and Kirsty to the final fairy.
Jessica Comley
Mar 04, 2014 Jessica Comley rated it liked it
It is very simple and perfect for light reading. I really enjoyed it! This is one of my favourite Daisy Meadow books
Robin Rousu
Nov 16, 2015 Robin Rousu rated it liked it
Shelves: j-fic, fantasy
BOSSFIGHT TIME! Satisfying (and nonviolent) ending to the first set of Rainbow Magic books.
Charlotte
May 19, 2016 Charlotte rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I liked how Jack Frost scared all the fairies.
Rachel (Sfogs)
Oct 05, 2014 Rachel (Sfogs) rated it liked it
Shelves: library
A cute ending to the rainbow fairy's curse.
Madison Cole
Aug 29, 2015 Madison Cole rated it it was amazing
Yeah There Is A Merryigoround Loved It
Beth Lapointe
Dec 08, 2014 Beth Lapointe rated it it was ok
Shelves: fantasy, 2014
Books need to be read in order.
Vayia
Feb 10, 2016 Vayia rated it it was amazing
Shelves: in-my-bookcase
To
Priya Appleby
Aug 27, 2013 Priya Appleby rated it liked it
Shelves: childhood-books
(My overall review for the rainbow magic series)

These books were so magical to me as a child. They really got me into reading and I was so addicted. They helped me learn the colours of the rainbow and entertained me for several years. The books aren't very good. I've tried reading them again because I was interested in what I saw in them. The books are very similar and repetitive but to child version of me, they were completely perfect!
Reagan
Jan 19, 2014 Reagan rated it it was amazing
Soon Rachel and Kristy found Heather the Violet fairy the very last fairy. Jack Frost soon finds out that Rachel and Kristy have found the last fairy so he brings more trouble to Fairy Land.
Dana
Apr 12, 2009 Dana rated it liked it
Shelves: its-ok
Now they have to find the last fairy. So far they have always found the fairy on time. They know where the violet fairy is, but they don't know how to get her out! Will they ever get her out? If they do will it be on time? Will they complete their mission and become fairy heroes? Read this book and find out!!! :)
Isabel
Mar 22, 2010 Isabel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: elf-s-self
I liked it because Heather is a type of plant that is pinkish purplish and I liked it when she was riding on a violet colored horse. Then when Kristy pulled out a magic paintbrush and just brushed around the painting, Heather came out of the painting.

I learned that heather is a type of plant.
Julia Winknler
Nov 11, 2007 Julia Winknler rated it it was amazing
This is the last and final book , Heather got caught on a mary-go-round! Will Kirsty and zRachel ger her out? This is my favorite story of all because Heather is the one that is the most kreatie one wiht all her hiding places!
I think the rianbow faries were a very good idea of Daisy madeows!
Ori
Mar 08, 2016 Ori rated it it was ok
I do not mean to come off as rude but I would much rather have never read this.

The characters were ok, and the storyline was decent enough, but I did not like it at all.
It wasn't terrible, and it wasn't a cheap knockoff of something better,
I just wasn't a fan.
Makayla Partin
Jul 29, 2013 Makayla Partin rated it it was amazing
Well it's a good thing all the rainbow fairies are back home because I was starting to get worried the color would never be returned back to fairyland. I still haven't read Fern the Green Fairy but that doesn't matter because I've read the rest of them.
Tara
Nov 06, 2009 Tara rated it liked it
Since I'm supposed to read to Brielle for 20 minutes every night we have been looking for easy chapter books so we don't have to read 10+ picture books every day. These are cute fairy books that are easy to read and Brielle really enjoyed the stories.
  • Beck Beyond the Sea (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #10)
  • Princess Charlotte and the Birthday Ball (The Tiara Club, #1)
  • Prilla and the Butterfly Lie (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #8)
  • Tink, North of Never Land (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #9)
  • Silvermist and the Ladybug Curse (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #12)
  • A Masterpiece for Bess (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #7)
  • The Last Fairy-Apple Tree (Fairy Realm, #4)
  • Vidia and the Fairy Crown (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #2)
  • Lily's Pesky Plant (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #4)
  • A Dream Come True (Magic Pony, #1)
  • Dancing Queen
  • Rani in the Mermaid Lagoon (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #5)
  • The Pet Store Sprite (Pixie Tricks, #3)
  • Dreams Come True (My Secret Unicorn, #2)
  • Heidi Heckelbeck and the Cookie Contest
  • A New Beginning (Magic Puppy, #1)
  • Star Child (Zodiac Girls, #5)
  • Ivy and Bean Break the Fossil Record (Ivy and Bean, #3)
Daisy Meadows is the pseudonym used for the four writers of the Rainbow Magic children's series: Narinder Dhami, Sue Bentley, Linda Chapman, and Sue Mongredien. Rainbow Magic features differing groups of fairies as main characters, including the Jewel fairies, Weather fairies, Pet fairies, Petal fairies, and Sporty fairies.

Narinder Dhami was born in Wolverhampton, England on November 15, 1958. Sh
More about Daisy Meadows...

Rainbow Fairies (7 books)
  • Ruby the Red Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #1)
  • Amber The Orange Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #2)
  • Sunny The Yellow Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #3)
  • Fern The Green Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #4)
  • Sky The Blue Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #5)
  • Inky The Indigo Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #6)