Sunny The Yellow Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #3)

Sunny The Yellow Fairy (Rainbow Fairies #3)

3.76 of 5 stars 3.76  ·  rating details  ·  1,318 ratings  ·  50 reviews
The seven Rainbow Fairies are missing! Rachel and Kirsty search for one in each RAINBOW MAGIC book. Read all seven books to help rescue the fairies and bring the sparkle back to Fairyland!
Fairyland is home to seven colorful sisters. Together, they are the Rainbow Fairies! They keep Fairyland dazzling and bright. But when evil Jack Frost sends them far away, the sisters ar...more
Published July 1st 2005 by Little Apple (first published January 1st 2003)

Ryan Miller
I suppose it's fine in an innocuous early-elementary way, but there's really not much to these fairy series books. My daughter is in love with fairies right now, and in love with these books, and begged me to read this book after she finished it. So I did. And now I have. The fairy theme will be attractive to draw in readers, like my daughter, which makes them worthwhile. But there isn't much in the way of character or plot development, or motivation, or anything, really, other than a descriptio...more
Julia Jasztal
(Mommy's review from 9/26/10)

I would recommend these to any little girl. I can't believe how interested Julia is in them and how fast she's flying through them. We usually read about a half of one of these books in a day and that's in addition to the reading she does during the day with the shorter books. I have a feeling we'll be going through all of the authors books in the next few years. Or months at this rate.
The plots usually stay fairly similiar to the previous one, Kristy and Rachel are...more
Dana
Apr 12, 2009 Dana rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: its-ok
Now they have to find the yellow fairy. Can you believe that she is in the bee hive? Can they get her out? Read and find out!!! :)
Alice.t
Do NOT read these books unless if your five. There sooooooo boring! When I read them I just looked at the pictures!
Jessa
My girls are loving these.
Irene
Mar 14, 2013 Irene rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Girls in Pre-K through 2nd Grade
Recommended to Irene by: Isabelle's 1st grade classmate
First, let it be known that Isabelle is LOVING this series. Today, she read 5 of these fairy books!

Okay, so, there was a little questionable behavior in this book. The girls suspect that Sunny the Yellow Fairy is in a beehive, and even though they are wearing protective hoods, the rest of their bodies are exposed when they open up the beehive without permission from the beekeeper! But I suppose no one wants to read about main characters who are complete goody two-shoes, and no one ever has adve...more
Dolly
Feb 26, 2011 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: children starting to read chapter books
This is the third book in the original Rainbow Magic series by the group of authors who go by the pseudonym Daisy Meadows. This series is the first of the many (about 125!) books in the Rainbow Magic series (yes, it confused me at first, too.) In any case, I'm not sure why we waited so long to read these original books, as now our oldest is finally reading about how Rachel and Kirsty got together with the fairies in the first place. Our oldest took a little break from fairies, but is getting int...more
Isabella Tatiana
I believe that fairies are only wonderful if you BELIEVE in them. So cast aside the usual stereotype on fairies and believe in them, let their magic take you away. Sometimes I wish I was in the story.
Alison Stadt
Rachel and Kristy are helping Sunny the yellow fairy. Luckly they all get help from Sunnys friend the bumblebee.
Jessica Comley
It is very simple and perfect for light reading. I really enjoyed it!
Louise (A Strong Belief in Wicker)
The third installment in the rainbow series of fairy books. The first seven books of the series threatening to take over the world. Daisy Meadows is a non de plume for a group of writers who turn out seemingly hundreds of these books, and little girls gobble them up. Rachel and Kirsty have to find the seven sisters that make up the rainbow sisters and bring the colour back to Fairyland. Shocking I know, but I don't think the girls shrink down to fairy size in this one, or maybe I forgot.
$hanel
The third fairy that Rachel and Kirsty must find is Sunny the yellow fairy and they only have four fairys left to find. Sunny is hidden in another magical place on RainSpell Island and in this one the adventures get even better. I am in love with this series! When Rachel and Kirsty have found Sunny this makes Jack Frost even more upset that someone is after his fairies and has got to stop them. This means more green goblin trouble and more magic.
Priya
(My overall review for the rainbow magic series)

These books were so magical to me as a child. They really got me into reading and I was so addicted. They helped me learn the colours of the rainbow and entertained me for several years. The books aren't very good. I've tried reading them again because I was interested in what I saw in them. The books are very similar and repetitive but to child version of me, they were completely perfect!
Jana
when I read it at the age of 8 I was in love I remember going to my aunts first baby shower and I read the whole two hours there and still couldn't put it down just enough words and pictures for kids and lets them use the imagination also each one is good and different in there own way
Julia Winknler
This is the third part of the rainbow faries and Sunny gets found in a very sticky place. But as the goblins find Sunnies wand the big fight starts. OF course that happens whiel Kirsty and Rachel are fairy sized. in Fairy land every thing is still grey and dull.
Nadia
Oh my god just found out they have these on here. I used to love these books so much I would like ask for them for christmas!! They're amazing books for like 8 year old girls (that's the age I was and I loved them) and I love fairies so yeah....
Misha
I think this book is very adventrous and magical.This book is about two girls which are called rachel and kristy they always meet a magical fairy which is a coulour fairy.All seven fairys have a special colour.
Isabel
I liked it because when Kristy and Rachel found Sunny she was combing Queenie's hair with a tiny, silver comb.

I learned that when you get sticky hands with honey, you should not put them in your pockets.
Eden
Sunny the Yellow Fairy is five stars because Jack Frost servants stole Sunny's wand and then Sunny's friend Queenie (who is a bee)and her bees stung Jack Frosts goblins and made them go away.
9 3/4
I loved this as a child. Yes I know I am a boy and this should appeal to girls only, but fairies (kind and beautiful on the outside, dark on the inside) always fascinated me. I was a strange kid.
Lyn
It was funny and fun to read.
A note on the cover reads, "Previously published as 'Saffron the Yellow Fairy.'" Good thing they changed it; there might have been something remotely memorable about these books.
Sara
When I read this book it was called 'Saffron The Yellow Fairy' not Sunny. In this book Kirsty and Rachel find Saffron and reunite her with her sisters Ruby and Amber

Samantha
I actually read the Saffron version, but the only difference is the name. It was a good continuation of the series and new adventures for Kirsty and Rachel.
Mckayla
Natalie Pehrson
I like the stories but it would be cooler if each fairy was her own chapter in a book of just rainbow fairies or just animal fairies.
Horace Mann Family Reading Challenge
Kirsty and Rachael find Sunny the Yellow Fairy with her bee friends. A goblin tears her bee friend's wings and they help fix her wing. A.R.
Asha
Saffron the Yellow Fairy was a very good book to read. I am hoping Fern the Green Fairy is a fantastic story as well.
  • Silvermist and the Ladybug Curse (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #12)
  • Beck Beyond the Sea (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #10)
  • Dreams Come True (My Secret Unicorn, #2)
  • Princess Charlotte and the Birthday Ball (The Tiara Club, #1)
  • Rani in the Mermaid Lagoon (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #5)
  • Vidia and the Fairy Crown (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #2)
  • The Trouble With Tink (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #1)
  • Ivy and Bean Break the Fossil Record (Ivy and Bean, #3)
  • Prilla and the Butterfly Lie (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #8)
  • A Masterpiece for Bess (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #7)
  • Stanley in Space (Flat Stanley, #3)
  • Shadow (The Puppy Place, #3)
  • Out to Lunch (Katie Kazoo, Switcheroo, #2)
  • Lily's Pesky Plant (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #4)
  • The Bald Bandit (A to Z Mysteries, #2)
  • The Rainbow Wand (Fairy Realm, #10)
Daisy Meadows is the pseudonym used for the four writers of the Rainbow Magic children's series: Narinder Dhami, Sue Bentley, Linda Chapman, and Sue Mongredien. Rainbow Magic features differing groups of fairies as main characters, including the Jewel fairies, Weather fairies, Pet fairies, Petal fairies, and Sporty fairies.

Narinder Dhami was born in Wolverhampton, England on November 15, 1958. Sh...more
More about Daisy Meadows...
Ruby the Red Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #1) Amber The Orange Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #2) Crystal The Snow Fairy (Rainbow Magic #8; Weather Fairies, #1) Fern The Green Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #4) Goldie The Sunshine Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #11; Weather Fairies, #4)