Start by marking “100 Bullets, Vol. 12: Dirty” as Want to Read:
100 Bullets, Vol. 12: Dirty

100 Bullets, Vol. 12: Dirty (100 Bullets #12)

4.14 of 5 stars 4.14  ·  rating details  ·  1,838 ratings  ·  33 reviews
This dark and intriguing Eisner Award-winning series features a mysterious agent named Graves who approaches ordinary citizens and gives them an opportunity to exact revenge on a person who has wronged them. Offering his clients an attaché case containing proof of the deed and a gun, he guarantees his “clients” full immunity for all of their actions, including murder.
In th
Published September 30th 2008 by Vertigo

To ask other readers questions about 100 Bullets, Vol. 12, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 100 Bullets, Vol. 12

David Schaafsma
As one would expect, the intensity ramps up as many of the original Trust group leave this world, thanks to revenging Agent Graves and his new Minutemen group. The art also ramos up, as Risso gets operatically dramatic to match the quickly developing intersecting stories. Brutal action, no heroes. Dark noir action comics. A set up for the final 12 issues, Volume 12.
Tami Lynn Andrew
I haven't quite formed my full opinion of the series yet but here are some things that are on my mind:
-It doesn't get less confusing; this is frustrating because I stopped taking breaks between the issues as I got closer to the end since it became difficult to keep track of the story line if I hadn't just read it, however it just became a big overwhelming mess reading it all straight through.
-I really like the overarching story, and most of the mini-arcs throughout, but it became so convoluted
While the third and last act of this gritty crime series is winding down to its end, the dizziness is only increasing. Just when you thought this series was making sense, guess again. True, this is still the revenge tale of Agent Graves as he seeks to reactivate the Minutemen and line them up against the remaining houses of the Trust – less than eight of the original thirteen remaining, by my last count. (They keep getting off-ed increasingly in these last volumes.) But the multitude of characte ...more
Robert Beveridge
Brian Azzarello, 100 Bullets: Dirty (Vertigo, 2008)

We are coming to the end of 100 Bullets (though with this volume covering issues 84-88 of the comic and Azzarello and Risso having projected one hundred volumes, the final book in the series looks like it's going to be three times as long as this one), and while it's had its difficulties over the years, I, for one, will be awfully sad to see it go. Dirty, the series' penultimate book, shows us the first blood being drawn in the long-brewing war
By now, readers should have understood that there is noone to root for in this marvelously crafted series. Minutemen killing innocent kids, then saving other innocent kids for self-vindication? I find it morally problematic. But, hey! You can't find any moral thread for these characters to cling to in order to save themselves from damnation. That's what the writer is trying to do all along. Any catharsis so far will be blown to bits in the ending. Isn't that a triumph in itself?
Mar 21, 2015 Jon rated it 1 of 5 stars
Shelves: comics
This more a review for the entire series.

While the writer begins to tell an intriguing tale of deception, morality, and vengeance, it falls short of expectations. Early in the series Brian Azzarello loses control of the details, motivations, and ultimately the thrust behind the narrative. The reader is expected to follow along the trail of poorly conceived plot twists as characters, who have been steadfastly loyal in the past, seemingly switch sides or join forces with little reason beyond they
After the surprising and shocking turns 100 BULLETS took in the last volume, I was a little disappointed in vol 12. Definitely more of a filler volume, but one that focused in on the members of The Trust that the newly reformed Minutemen are knocking off. Remi and Victor's attack on Mr. Rhone is chilling and downright WRONG, but its effects are a one-time punch.

Still, I walked into this volume still PO'd over Wylie's death and hyper-annoyed by Remi, which is a change in the level of my enjoyment
I've been reading Brian Azzarello's masterpiece 100 Bullets over a longer period, some of the volumes were alright, others were great. This one's a very good piece towards the grand finale.
The penultimate volume of the collected 100 Bullets is a definite improvement over the couple of previous installments in the series. While only five issues of the original comic are collected herein, Brian Azzarello's script manages to gain some much-needed life, and the ever exemplary Eduardo Risso manages to outdo even himself with some dramatic design and pen work. And it's worth noting the great coloring work by Patricia Mulvihill as well; there are some pages in this volume where the combi ...more
With all the pieces finally starting to come together, I found myself wishing that Azzarello had taken a little more time to establish some context for the various members of the Trust. With the exception of a few main families, the only character development they seem to get is a brief snapshot before they get killed.

I suppose that's the downside to writing about a secret group of puppetmasters -- describing them kind of defeats the purpose. Still, watching the Minutemen pick them off one-by-on
i've been reading the individual issues, so unless the summary states the issue numbers
or story arc titles, i'm not always clear on what's in what trade volume, so i'll just say:
there's some damn good scenes near the end, before the final shit-slide. i even started
to think azzarello might end this whole thing well.
The 100 Bullets trains picks up steam in this shorter than usual volume. What it lacks in length it more than makes up for in the intensity department. Story threads are tied up, executed, unwound and frayed as the Trust moves to it's final position for it's final gambit.
I very much enjoyed the art. The final unraveling of the story was a bit dissatisfying to me, it wasn't very conclusive - but I doubt I could have done better. This series actually temporarily reduced my faith in man. I have to give it grudging respect.
Just when it was settled, its up in the air again. This out does Chanedler for dizzying displays of mixed loyatlies, double-crosses and tripple crosses and just plain dirtiness.

I am so glad I have vol 13 ast hand to see this to its end todday!
I almost don't want to start' like leaving a companion that's been with you for awhile.
The stage is set for the final showdown...and I am on the edge of my seat! This series has been one wild roller coaster ride.
Graves' endgame is put into action, as he seeks to use his soldiers to help him regain a position as the Trust's enforcer. Heads roll and not everyone gets out alive as the Minutemen take first blood in the all-out war.
Koen Claeys
Reads like a prelude to the last volume. It seems unlikely that by this point anyone can keep trace of all the plotlines and characters. Keeps being fascinating and the artwork is fantastic.
Almost finished with the series.....really just dying to see how this bastard of a story finishes. It's been a serious, multi-year investment, and it hasn't yet disappointed.
Matt Buchholz
Sep 27, 2008 Matt Buchholz rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: People that enjoyed Sin City, but wished for a bit of nuance.
Recommended to Matt by: I started this series about 10 years ago, so who knows.
Shelves: comics-read
Consistently the best noir fiction being produced in any medium and with only one volume to go, it's time to start re-reading volumes 1-12 all over again.
So underwhelming - unnecessary character introductions and subsequent deaths all over the place, resulting in a complete lack of plot development.
Sep 28, 2008 Dan rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: comics
The wait for this volume was too long. And the wait for the last one is going to be excruciating. I mean that in the best way.
This is probably the most brutal volume of 100 Bullets, made more so by the non-criminals in here. Whew.
Shannon Appelcline
A great set of shorts, advancing the story and giving us great characters at the same time.
pierlapo  quimby
Qualcuno muore, qualcuno sopravvive.
Si prepara l'atto finale.
Mah, speriamo bene!
Frank Taranto
Continuing thne story of the trust anhd it's destruction? by Agent Graves. Good art.
Crime Noir. More people die again, story advances, good G.N.
I was a bit confused. Definitely not one you want your kid to read.
Annette Jordan
and it all starts to come crashing down
  • Scalped, Vol. 5: High Lonesome
  • DMZ, Vol. 7: War Powers
  • Criminal, Vol. 4: Bad Night
  • The Boys, Volume 4: We Gotta Go Now
Brian Azzarello (born in Cleveland, Ohio) is an American comic book writer. He came to prominence with 100 Bullets, published by DC Comics' mature-audience imprint Vertigo. He and Argentine artist Eduardo Risso, with whom Azzarello first worked on Jonny Double, won the 2001 Eisner Award for Best Serialized Story for 100 Bullets #15–18: "Hang Up on the Hang Low".

Azzarello has written for Batman ("B
More about Brian Azzarello...

100 Bullets (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • 100 Bullets, Vol. 1: First Shot, Last Call
  • 100 Bullets, Vol. 7: Samurai
  • 100 Bullets, Vol. 8: The Hard Way
  • 100 Bullets, Vol. 9: Strychnine Lives
  • 100 Bullets, Vol. 10: Decayed
The Joker 100 Bullets, Vol. 1: First Shot, Last Call Wonder Woman, Vol. 1: Blood 100 Bullets, Vol. 2: Split Second Chance 100 Bullets, Vol. 3: Hang Up on the Hang Low