Start by marking “Words Aptly Spoken” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Words Aptly Spoken

Bob Moorehead

Words Aptly Spoken

Published December 28th 1995 by Overlake Christian Bookstore (first published December 1995)

Aidan
Aidan rated it did not like it
May 08, 2013
Ehab Hamzawy
Ehab Hamzawy rated it really liked it
Oct 12, 2016
Tauga Taylor
Tauga Taylor rated it liked it
Feb 14, 2015
cliq
cliq marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2012
Anirudh Nelabhotla
Anirudh Nelabhotla marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2013
Tre Nicole
Tre Nicole marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2013
Anita
Anita marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2013
Clara
Clara marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2013
Hany Morkos
Hany Morkos marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2013
Happy Heart
Happy Heart marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2013
Vina Medrano
Vina Medrano marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2013
Katerina Suhoparova
Katerina Suhoparova marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2013
Maria
Maria marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2013
Lara Carey
Lara Carey marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2013
Angelica
Angelica marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2013
Cindy Whiston
Cindy Whiston marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2014
Paul Ndegwa
Paul Ndegwa marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2014
Evan
Evan marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2014
Chris Shang
Chris Shang marked it as to-read
Dec 24, 2014
Anca Ralu
Anca Ralu marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2015
Adrina
Adrina marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2015
Marialuisa Lattene
Marialuisa Lattene marked it as to-read
May 01, 2015
Jan
Jan marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2016
Anureet
Anureet marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2016
Kenna
Kenna marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2016
Aziz
Aziz marked it as to-read
May 10, 2016
Mint Tea
Mint Tea marked it as to-read
May 13, 2016
Ali Hidayattuloh
Ali Hidayattuloh marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2016

“The paradox of our time in history is that we have taller buildings but shorter tempers, wider Freeways, but narrower viewpoints. We spend more, but have less, we buy more, but enjoy less. We have bigger houses and smaller families, more conveniences, but less time. We have more degrees but less sense, more knowledge, but less judgment, more experts, yet more problems, more medicine, but less wellness.

We drink too much, smoke too much, spend too recklessly, laugh too little, drive too fast, get too angry, stay up too late, get up too tired, read too little, watch TV too much, and pray too seldom. We have multiplied our possessions, but reduced our values. We talk too much, love too seldom, and hate too often.

We've learned how to make a living, but not a life. We've added years to life not life to years. We've been all the way to the moon and back, but have trouble crossing the street to meet a new neighbor. We conquered outer space but not inner space. We've done larger things, but not better things.

We've cleaned up the air, but polluted the soul. We've conquered the atom, but not our prejudice. We write more, but learn less. We plan more, but accomplish less. We've learned to rush, but not to wait. We build more computers to hold more information, to produce more copies than ever, but we communicate less and less.

These are the times of fast foods and slow digestion, big men and small character, steep profits and shallow relationships.

These are the days of two incomes but more divorce, fancier houses, but broken homes. These are days of quick trips, disposable diapers, throwaway morality, one night stands, overweight bodies, and pills that do everything from cheer, to quiet, to kill. It is a time when there is much in the showroom window and nothing in the stockroom. A time when technology can bring this letter to you, and a time when you can choose either to share this insight, or to just hit delete...

Remember, to spend some time with your loved ones, because they are not going to be around forever. Remember, say a kind word to someone who looks up to you in awe, because that little person soon will grow up and leave your side.

Remember, to give a warm hug to the one next to you, because that is the only treasure you can give with your heart and it doesn't cost a cent.

Remember, to say, "I love you" to your partner and your loved ones, but most of all mean it. A kiss and an embrace will mend hurt when it comes from deep inside of you.

Remember to hold hands and cherish the moment for someday that person might not be there again. Give time to love, give time to speak! And give time to share the precious thoughts in your mind.”
4303 likes