Start by marking “Slimer” as Want to Read:
Slimer

Slimer

Jedna potrzeba pozostała nadal dominująca, tak jak było jeszcze w morzu. Głód stopniowo zmieniał się w potworną, bezrozumną żądzę. Pchał go przez niekończące się białe korytarze, gnał wizją rozdzieranego na strzępy krwawego mięsa…
Published March 1986 by Lyle Stuart (first published 1983)

To ask other readers questions about Slimer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Slimer

Jack Tripper
Jun 07, 2016 Jack Tripper rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: horror
Yes, I just gave 5 stars to a book called Slimer. Get off your damn high horse. The fact of the matter is, I had a blast reading this, and immediately ordered two other books by Knight* upon finishing. The tension here never relents, and what little there are of things like characterization and background info are picked up in fragments here and there. Which was fine by me, as the short length (156 pages) and perfectly taut pacing is part of what made the novel work so well. Obviously, this isn' ...more
Kooshmeister
Philipp
May 24, 2016 Philipp rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: horror, body-horror
This is a fun little horror book you can read during a rainy afternoon, somewhere in the middle between The Thing and Parasite Eve, but with neither Snake Plissken nor one ridiculously detailed kidney transplant operation.

A bunch of mostly unlikeable drug smugglers leave their sinking boat onto a possibly deserted oil rig, find out it's a secret "abandoned" research station, there's a monster, it does its monster thing and replaces people, you know how it goes.

The good thing is that the author(
Wayne
Nov 04, 2015 Wayne rated it it was amazing
This was a great book. I got lucky and found this in the $1.00 bin at the local bookstore. This moves along at a fast pace. I couldn't put it down. I love horror books from the 80's like this. Like reading a movie that you would love to see, but if you did, it wouldn't be the same.
6 people are adrift at sea and come across a oil rig and hope that they are rescued. This is where the thrills kick in.
Arthur
Apr 25, 2012 Arthur rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really fascinating stuff. Originally published in 1983. A horror book like this would have been creepy then as it may still be today. The book starts out about a group stranded in the ocean on a rescue raft and they have no means of direction stumbled onto an abandoned oil rig that they managed to board with help by something more terrifying than imagination.
Dave Pope
May 26, 2014 Dave Pope rated it liked it
Very enjoyable short read if you enjoy monster yarns. Similar to "The Thing" but well enough put together to have its own identity. Think - The Thing on an oil rig coupled with Friday the 13th - and you get the general idea.
Doctor Edward Diesel
Jul 16, 2015 Doctor Edward Diesel rated it did not like it
Unpleasant characters. A semi-interesting monster menace. I wanted to enjoy this more than I did.Meh.
Michael
This is perhaps my favourite ever horror novel, and one of the first I read when I was about 14. Racing through a genetic-engineering plot on an oil-rig, this has breathless action and horror. One of my favourite books of all time; loved it. I re-read it a few years ago, devoured it in one brilliant sitting. Full review coming soon.
Ejl
Dec 15, 2008 Ejl rated it liked it
What could a book called "Slimer" be but a straight-forward monster story! Not much for meaning or metaphor, but fairly compelling reading for fans of the genre.
Kuba Sieradzan
Kuba Sieradzan rated it liked it
Aug 23, 2013
Jim Callahan
Jim Callahan rated it it was ok
Jul 14, 2013
Michael Sellars
Michael Sellars rated it did not like it
Sep 23, 2016
Michał
Michał rated it it was amazing
Oct 07, 2011
Jacob Graves
Jacob Graves rated it it was amazing
Apr 10, 2013
Amber
Amber rated it liked it
Jul 16, 2015
Edgeley
Edgeley rated it liked it
Aug 22, 2013
Sara Wendel-Örtqvist
Sara Wendel-Örtqvist rated it it was ok
Mar 11, 2016
Faisal
Faisal rated it liked it
Sep 30, 2016
Greg Noneman
Greg Noneman rated it really liked it
Mar 13, 2015
Phil
Phil rated it liked it
Oct 03, 2009
The Old
The Old rated it liked it
Apr 14, 2013
Ruby Ridge
Ruby Ridge rated it it was ok
Jan 08, 2013
Giansar
Giansar rated it it was amazing
Aug 13, 2010
Frederick
Frederick rated it liked it
Dec 28, 2012
Jared Mallowes
Jared Mallowes rated it liked it
Jun 27, 2014
Iwona
Iwona rated it really liked it
Jan 02, 2014
John Wiske
John Wiske rated it liked it
Aug 12, 2016
Stef Rozitis
Stef Rozitis rated it did not like it
Oct 16, 2014
Movie based on the novel, "Slimer" = "Proteus" 1 5 Nov 13, 2011 12:51PM
Pseudonym of John Brosnan

John Raymond Brosnan was an Australian writer of both fiction and non-fiction works based around the fantasy and science fiction genres. He was born in Perth, Western Australia, and died in South Harrow, London, from acute pancreatitis. He sometimes published under the pseudonyms Harry Adam Knight, Simon Ian Childer (both sometimes used together with Leroy Kettle), James
More about Harry Adam Knight...