Start by marking “An Affair to Remember (Freedom in Love #1)” as Want to Read:
An Affair to Remember (Freedom in Love #1)

An Affair to Remember (Freedom in Love #1)

Monica Townsend enjoyed living the quiet life of a book editor - but, from the moment she stepped through her office door one evening, everything changed. Kidnapped at gunpoint, she was held hostage at an abandoned warehouse, praying her life would be spared as shots rang through the air.

Married Police Officer, Chase Travers, was on duty when the call came in. Being the fi
Published November 3rd 2011 by Createspace (first published September 17th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about An Affair to Remember, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about An Affair to Remember

Vicki
Oct 12, 2016 Vicki rated it it was amazing
This is the first book in a series and I am so glad to know that. I really admired Chase as a policeman and as a man. There was an underlying problem that allowed this affair to not feel dirty and tainted as many affair books do. There's an innocence and honesty in their relationship. I was drawn into the drama and danger that was present in this story.

The writing is really smooth and the flow was nice. I liked how the mystery played out.

I am off to read the next book in the series. I am enjoy
Sandy Wolters
Oct 05, 2012 Sandy Wolters rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Book: An Affair To Remember
Series: Freedom In Love, Book 1
Author: Norma Budden
Genre: Romantic Suspense
Length: Approximately 126 pages

I'm a huge fan of romantic suspense. AN AFFAIR TO REMEMBER, Book 1 in the Freedom In Love series by NORMA BUDDEN, offers the reader a good suspense story and a not so typical love story that I really enjoyed.

Monica Townsend lives a quiet, somewhat lonely life as a book editor never suspecting that someone has been watching her every move since her father's death at
Samantha
May 30, 2012 Samantha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A stalker is watching author Monica Townsend from the shadows. She is kidnapped, and later rescued by the local cop Chase Travers, a man with his own problems. After he saves her they are forced to flee for her safety, with Chase the cop protecting Monica. They end up falling for each other, but can’t be together.
I admit that I kept thinking that this was going to be a predictable story and I had it all figured out. But I was wrong more often than not and I liked that! This novel is on the sho
Nola Arganbright
A great read with a good suspenseful storyline. Monica and Chase are a good match and the secondary characters are strong. I was totally involved with hoping to find why Monica was being pursued. A very exciting read and I look forward to the next book by Norma Budden.
Kelley
Feb 11, 2013 Kelley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mystery, suspense, romance – this book has it all!

I was engrossed with this book as soon as I read about the man who lived in the shadows. That was in chapter 1, first paragraph! So much suspense! Who was this man? What did he want? At this point, I didn’t know, but had to keep reading to find out.

I then fell in love with two of the other characters. There was Chase, a career police officer who loved his job for the heart warming moments that sometimes came with the territory, but was starting
Book Princess Sofia
When I first started this book, I wasn’t prepared to love it as much as I did! But I really enjoyed it. The characters that Ms. Budden created in not just Monica and Chase, but in all the supporting cast enriched the story and made me feel like I was a part of what was going on. And while at first I was disappointed with Monica’s decision at the end, I understood why it had to happen, and that in fact it, was the very heart of this love story. And I must say that the author’s note at the end ...more
Claire
May 26, 2012 Claire rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What an amazing story! I still have goosebumps! (actual, literal goosebumps!) I read “An Affair to Remember” in one sitting, and I loved how easy this was to read! I was never once bored (impossible with all the crazy drama happening every second!) and the author’s writing style was very engaging and compelling. There were no mistakes or editing errors that I saw, which is always nice. The only thing I thought was weird at first was that it seemed like Monica and Chase fell in love way too ...more
Oct 23, 2013 Karla Bostic rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Simply a MUST READ
I absolutely loved this first book in the series. I was drawn in to the characters from the first page. Norma has a way of making them feel as if they are your friends and you are seeing it all happen before you eyes. There was a lot of action packed in these pages and it keeps you hooked. You find yourself not able to put it down and that it ends long before you are ready to stop. The good thing is there is another one in the series to check out. I completed this in one night
Lynn Hallbrooks
After reading an excerpt of this book on Wattpad, I knew that I needed to find out more of what was going on. I was not disappointed in anyway. The story was so believable that I felt as if I was watching it unfold before my very eyes. The ending was a complete surprise. I’m looking forward to reading the sequel,When Love Abides.

This book isn't just a good read, it's a great read.
Christine Hatfield
I thought that was a good book
Bobirley Adams
Oct 12, 2016 Bobirley Adams rated it it was amazing
I was given a copy of AN AFFAIR TO REMEMBER for free in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.

I LOVE these characters! I LOVE a book where the interaction with the characters seems natural and their conversation is like normal people talk. This book goes on my FAVORITES list!

I will not describe the story because that's why you need to purchase this book. I will tell you I was surprised multiple times and sometimes my pulse rate was racing because I was so excited in the direction the stor
Joan
Oct 31, 2016 Joan rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I received this as a giveaway from Goodreads. Well written, light and easy to read. A simple tale of an unusual love story, full of drama, suspense, intrigue and sacrifice.
Anthony Bellaleigh
A very pleasant and easily readable women's adventure story.
The only thing stopping me giving it 4 stars is that, on occasion, it seemed to rush itself and this undermines some otherwise excellent prose and sensitive storytelling (but maybe that's just me though: I do prefer longer stories).
Worth a try for 99 cents.
Nedelina Dobreva
Nedelina Dobreva rated it it was amazing
Oct 20, 2016
Joyce Faulkner
Joyce Faulkner rated it it was amazing
May 17, 2012
Donald Stilwell
Donald Stilwell rated it really liked it
May 23, 2012
Kayden Lee
Kayden Lee rated it really liked it
May 30, 2012
Best Indie Books (BIB)
Best Indie Books (BIB) rated it really liked it
Jul 12, 2012
D²
rated it did not like it
Sep 01, 2016
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it it was amazing
Oct 25, 2013
Karla Bostic rated it it was amazing
Aug 29, 2016
Karla Bostic rated it it was amazing
Aug 23, 2014
Kelly Krance
Kelly Krance rated it it was amazing
Jan 23, 2013
Barbara
Barbara rated it it was amazing
Jun 27, 2014
Cameo
Cameo marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2012
Janna Shay
Janna Shay marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2012
Lynn
Lynn marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2012
Christine Hatfield
Christine Hatfield marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2012
Teena Reid
Teena Reid marked it as to-read
Oct 08, 2012
Ann Swann
Ann Swann marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2012
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2013
Amalie Jahn
Amalie Jahn marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2014
Norma Budden
Aug 14, 2016 Norma Budden added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Sweetpea
Sweetpea marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2015
Wordsl Dreamsl
Wordsl Dreamsl marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2015
Angelia
Angelia marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2015
Vicki
Vicki marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2016
Micielle
Micielle marked it as to-read
Lorra
Lorra marked it as to-read
Frederick Rotzien
Frederick Rotzien marked it as to-read
Nancy Jones
Nancy Jones marked it as to-read
Manda
Manda marked it as to-read
Tenesha
Tenesha marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2016
Norma Budden currently makes her home in Arctic Canada where she has lived for more than two decades. Administration Manager by day and writer/mother/grandmother by night, Norma knows what it's like to be busy and appreciates moments of solitude, perhaps, more than the average person.

Though Norma's first serious attempts at writing involved poetry and song, she later went on to write non-fiction t
More about Norma Budden...

Freedom in Love (5 books)
  • When Love Abides (Freedom in Love #2)
  • Soul Confessions (Freedom in Love #3)
  • Divided Loyalties (Freedom in Love #4)
  • The Promise (Freedom in Love #5)