Start by marking “Bad Boys In Black Tie (Includes: Watson Brothers, #3)” as Want to Read:
Bad Boys In Black Tie (Includes: Watson Brothers, #3)

Bad Boys In Black Tie (Watson Brothers #3)

3.72  ·  Rating Details  ·  2,205 Ratings  ·  92 Reviews
Good With His Hands By New York Times bestselling author Lori Foster As next-door neighbors and best friends, Pete Watson and Cassidy McClannahan have a "no sex" relationship. "No sex" equals continuing friendship. "Ohmygodyes" sex equals big problems and probably some serious dish throwing. It may be a rigid rule, but it works. Until Pete decides he wants to push the line ...more
Published May 1st 2004 by Kensington (first published January 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Bad Boys In Black Tie, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bad Boys In Black Tie

Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)
This review was posted at Under The Covers

Good With His Hands - 4 Stars
Nancy Brady
Three very different contemporary erotic romance novellas are found in this anthology written by authors Lori Foster, Erin McCarthy, and Morgan Leigh.

All feature a hot male, allegedly a bad boy, who clean up well. So much so that in each of them there is at least one scene where they sport a tuxedo, usually with a dangling black tie (as seen on the cover). In only one does it really play a role in the story itself (the second one written by Erin McCarthy).

The first story features a two good fri
Elizabeth
Jul 11, 2012 Elizabeth rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook
None of these guys were bad and the black ties were incidental, which was fine by me. This collection was okay for what it was. The Lori Foster story about two close friends who both secretly want to become more was the most enjoyable to read of the three stories, especially since the main characters knew each other more than a day. All three stories were rather forgettable, although I did enjoy laughing at some of the inexplicable plot inconsistencies.
Lindsay
Mar 03, 2012 Lindsay rated it did not like it
Shelves: chick-lit
It was a dollar in the Kindle store. That is my only excuse.
Tracey
OMG what was my younger self thinking? How could I have given this a 5 star rating and a spot on my favorites shelf? My standards must have been really low. Or maybe I just wasn't remembering the right book and gave this rating to an impostor back then. Either way, these 3 stories were mediocre at best. I usually love Lori Foster but I just was not feeling it. The second story was the best of the bunch. I don't know. I just feel weird about this review. I don't get how I can go from 5 stars to 2 ...more
Alexandra O'Hurley
Apr 08, 2013 Alexandra O'Hurley rated it it was ok
Lori Foster's story was just simply okay. There was no real depth to the characters, but I also understand how hard it is to delve all that deeply in a short story. For what it was, entertainment, it was fine.

Erin McCarthy's story was also simply okay. I didn't care for the heroine and thought she was much too hard and unlikable...and super frigid. Maybe I just can't relate, but she just irritated me.

Morgan Leigh's story is what took a three rating and moved it down. I almost want to rate the bo
E.
Sep 04, 2011 E. rated it liked it
3 1/2 stars.

Good With His Hands: Lori Foster, next door neighbors Pete Watson and Cassidy McClannahan finally change from a platonic relationship to a more intimate one. Confusion abounds. She thinks she wants a guy who is normally in a suit, he's a casual kind of guy. They find a way to work it out.

Miss Extreme Congeniality: Erin McCarthy, FBI agent CJ White has plenty of personal issues but still is attracted to fellow agent Wyatt Maddock. Wyatt is interested in the standoffish and prickly CJ
Kezermezer
May 07, 2012 Kezermezer rated it it was ok
I really like a lot of the Bad Boys books, and Lori Foster and Erin McCarthy are two of my favorite authors, but this one fell short of the mark for me.

Good With His Hands, by Lori Foster

Next door neighbors Pete (Watson, brother to Gil and Sam) and Cassidy are good friends, but nothing more... until Pete decides he wants to mix things up a bit. But can their friendship withstand the heat?

The sex in this one was fairly hot, but the characters were just so-so. I wasn't much moved by Pete's sudden
Cindy
Aug 25, 2013 Cindy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Overall, I enjoyed this anthology - even though the black tie was somewhat a stretch in at least 2 of the stories. It is a nice read with plenty of steamy bits and just right for picking up when you only want to read for a few minutes to relax.

3 stories:

Good with His Hands - Lori Foster: This was a fun read and one of those friends with romantic feelings kind of stories. They are both casual work buddies and live next door to each other and hang out together. Should they remain friends or try to
Under the Covers Book Blog

Good With His Hands - 4 Stars

How come I didn't know about this series by Lori Foster? Well, I really enjoyed this story, which is # 3 in the Watson Brothers, and believe me I'll go back and read the rest. It was cute, funny, sexy and hot. There's the girl next door, Cassidy, who's a bit of a tomboy, doesn't worry too much about how she dresses or what her hair looks like. She works with, and now lives next door to, hunky and to-die-for hot Pete Watson. They've been best friends for over a year,

Stefanie
Aug 05, 2010 Stefanie rated it liked it
Recommended to Stefanie by: I read books by Lori Foster and Erin McCarthy
Good with his hands by Lori Foster (3 stars)
This story was good. I liked the characters Pete and Cassidy.

Miss Extreme Congenialtiy by Erin McCarthy (1 star)
I liked this story the least. There was no real chemistry between the characters and they weren't believable as a couple.

Last Call by Morgan Leigh (3 stars)
I liked this story the most. It was a fun story although the romance was a bit rushed. What else can you expect from a short story.
Shaula
Apr 14, 2012 Shaula rated it it was ok
While I enjoy a good whirlwind romance, I have a hard time accepting love at first sight stories. At least those that immediately result in marriage. All I can think is, what kind of fool agrees to marry someone he or she has known for a day or two?

Two of these stories avoided that trap, showing the shift from friendship to love; those were enjoyable. The third was harder to take, based on love at first sight and a preponderance of exclamation points.
Sandy
The first two stories I liked but the last one I really didn't enjoy. I mean she "falls" in love with this guy in one day!?! Yeah I kind of don't believe that and they decide to get married right away so I kind of didn't feel the connection between both of them. At least the other stories they knew each other even if they got on each other's nerves.
Nora
May 31, 2014 Nora rated it did not like it
Shelves: romance
This book was just sad.

Good With His Hands by Lori Foster: They are neighbors who are hot for each other, but figure that the other won't want them because they aren't what they are looking for, but hey throw in half a short story full of raunchy sex & it's all good--right?

Miss Extreme Congeniality by Erin McCarthy: They are FBI partners who are hot for each other, but figure the other one won't want them because they aren't what they are looking for, but hey throw in half a short story full
Dawn ♥ romance
Oct 10, 2011 Dawn ♥ romance rated it really liked it
I enjoyed first two steamy stories. 1) neighbors & co-workers Pete and Cassidy take their friendship to next level, 2) FBI partners CJ & Wyatt turn their animosity into hot sex, 3) singer & mayor love at first sight, lots of thoughts & unrealistic so heavily skimmed. My overall rating 3.5*
Tasneem
Jan 26, 2012 Tasneem rated it it was ok
These stories were okay. I found them a bit uninspiring and uninteresting actually and the plots mostly unbelievable. Don't bother reading.
Val
Mar 14, 2015 Val rated it liked it
This is the first of these books I have read and for light reading it is okay. Definitely a vacation type book where you don't have to think too hard about the plot. There are three separate stories included and each one could be a book alone and have a lot more story added. In fact I was disappointed they were so short and to the point. You just get into the characters and you are on to the next story. I would still recommend. This is an adult book with steamy sex scenes so be warned. If you ar ...more
Erica M.
Sep 08, 2014 Erica M. rated it did not like it
This goes straight to my DNF pile (which is steadily growing to a steaming heap).

Picked this up at a resale shop for ¢50 and still I feel a bit ripped off. I figured this collection of short stories would be a way to explore some new romance authors and enjoy some compact sexyfuntimes on the cheap. Ah, but cheap is exactly what I got.

The setups are paper-thin and cliche, but even that I could've forgiven if not for the laughable excuse for characters and the cringe-inducing dialog.

Not worth th
Maura
Jackie
Book Info
Published January 1st 2012 by Kensington Publishing Corporation (first published January 1st 2004)
original title Bad Boys In Black Tie (Includes: Watson Brothers, #3)
ISBN 0758277571 (ISBN13: 9780758277572)
edition language English
series Watson Brothers #3, FBI Agents
characters Pete Watson, Cassidy McClannahan, CJ White, Wyatt Maddock, Tess Braeden
setting United States
other editions (6)
Source:Kindle version borrowed from Public Library

Book Buy Links
Amazon
B&N

Haley
Good With His Hands- I really lived this story for some reason. The beginning was a bit odd but once Pete started to admit his crush I really enjoyed it

Miss Extreme Congeniality - This one didn't do a whole lot for me. I honestly didn't understand why Wyatt would fall for CJ so quickly when she had been nothing but unpleasant to him. It mentions over and over how surly she is at work and how unattractive she dresses yet he can't help but be dying for her to come over. It doesn't make sense.

Jess
Good With His Hands (Lori Foster) - I was not a fan of this story. The characters lacked depth. They were just...there. I didn't care about them at all. There were lots of inconsistencies, too. I have trouble believing that Cassidy never let it slip that she had a crush on Pete, especially since they lived in one another's pockets for a year. She's an athletic trainer, but can't carry on a conversation with her sister's jock boyfriend. Pete comes across as nothing more than a horny teenager - he ...more
♡ Sassy ~ Amy ♡
Good with His Hands by Lori Foster

Pete Watson & Cassidy McClannahan live next door to each other in a codo complex. They both work for a fitness gym. She has a life plan & he is just going through life. He wants her, and she wants him, but they pretend they don't.

They finally sleep together & well... life happens.

This was good. It was a quick read and goes along with her series of the Watson brothers.

Miss Extreme Congeniality by Erin McCarthy

FBI agents CJ White & Wyatt Maddock wo
Cindy
Jul 31, 2013 Cindy rated it liked it
Contemporary romance, another "Bad Boy" book.

Lori Foster - 3 stars. Protected sex. This is a Watson brother story. The youngest, more annoying brother Pete to be exact. He's been friends with Cassidy for about a year, but just friends. Now he's decided he wants to be more. After a lot of hot sex they love each other & get married. The end.

Erin McCarthy - 3 stars. I remember these characters from another anthology, but I can't remember which one. They have a relationship at work where he's
Kathy Davie
Three short stories in this anthology in which black tie features in three women's fantasies.

Series:
"Good with His Hands" (Watson Brothers, 3)
"Miss Extreme Congeniality" (incorporates characters from Smart Mouth , 1.5?)

The Stories
Lori Foster's "Good with His Hands" reflects Cassidy McClannahan's abrupt realization that one aspect of her dreams does not mesh with her true self.

This is a cute, insightful story about two people who have taken the time to build a friendship although Cassidy's reaso
Kathy
Jun 30, 2012 Kathy rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, sensuous
Kayla Wyatt
Jun 07, 2015 Kayla Wyatt rated it really liked it
I thoroughly enjoyed the first story by Lori foster. It contained ackward actions and behaviors that really brought the characters to life. The other two stories were okay, feeling very rushed. The second story especially, by Erin McCarthy, did almost a complete one eighty with the male character's behavior. The final story by Morgan Leigh was incredibly rushed. It went from total strangers to "true love" faster than a teen fiction novel. I give this collection 4 stars only because of Lori Foste ...more
Mandy
Mar 08, 2014 Mandy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The Foster story had the most fleshed out characters. It was mildly enjoyable. The other two were seriously lacking. McCarthy usually writes funny and endearing characters. The heroine in her story is so completely unlikeable that it ruins the story. Leigh’s story is just awful. It’s shallow and poorly edited. Oh, and a rolodex? Seriously? I only know what a rolodex is because I worked in a law office that was 900 years behind the times and used one for conflict of interest cross-referencing.
Daniell Marsh
Mar 23, 2016 Daniell Marsh rated it it was amazing
Great stories that can be read as stand alones. Do not like it when you feel the story is short changed where the characters fall flat and you skip to pages just to get to the end. You won't have to worry about that with these stories. Well rounded characters with a smooth flowing storyline. I consider it a fast read as did not want to put book down till finished story. Enjoyed each story.
Katie
Aug 06, 2013 Katie rated it it was ok
Very disappointed in this one. The first two stories were ok. Nothing spectacular, but they were cute, at least. The third story needed help. I forced myself to read to the end.

Major issues:
speaking in ways normal people would not. I can't even remember an example, but it bothered me. Make sure a real person would say it like that. Say it out loud. Does it sound real?
Men with exclamation points. Just no. Anyone with multiple exclamation points in a book is questionable, but a man? No. Not for me
Just Reissued BAD BOYS IN BLACK TIE by Lori Foster & Erin McCarthy! 1 7 Jan 03, 2012 08:34AM
Cyber Launch Party For Lori Foster 1 6 Aug 02, 2010 10:18AM
  • Bad Boys Next Exit (Includes: Men of Rogues Hollow, #2)
  • Bad Boys Online
  • Bad Boys Down Under
  • Bad Boys Southern Style
  • Beach Blanket Bad Boys
  • The Naked Truth
  • Bad Boys with Red Roses
  • Texas Bad Boys
  • 3 Brides for 3 Bad Boys (Mercenary/Goddard Project, #2)
  • Hot Chocolate (included: Winston Brothers, #1)
  • Immortal Bad Boys
  • Viva Las Bad Boys!
  • Red Hot Santa
  • Really Unusual Bad Boys

Lori hosts a very special annual “Reader & Author” event in West Chester, Ohio. Proceeds fro
More about Lori Foster...

Watson Brothers (3 books)
  • Bad Boys On Board (Includes: Watson Brothers, #1)
  • Bad Boys To Go