Start by marking “Undercover Princess (Royally Wed, #2)” as Want to Read:
Undercover Princess (Royally Wed, #2)

Undercover Princess (Royally Wed #2)

3.68  ·  Rating Details ·  1,091 Ratings  ·  63 Reviews
With those words, Princess Katherine Wyndham went from sensible sister to secret agent. Her mission: to locate her brother--the long-lost crown prince. Her cover: nanny for handsome tycoon Trey Sutherland.

Caring for Trey's kids came more naturally than any royal duty. And falling for the brooding widower was effortless. But Katherine had always been the plain-Jane princess

Published May 1st 2008 by Harlequin (first published November 1st 1999)

Jul 03, 2015 NinaReader rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook
4 Fun Fairytale Romance!!!

A fun sweet romance with a fairytale twist. The audio was enjoyable. The narration was well done and the delivery of the funny and sexy lines were so fun! I'm sure I looked a bit loony to other drivers that might have seen me cracking up in the car.

Kate is a princess looking for her long lost brother and she believes that he might be the business partner of Trey Sutherland. She's been trying to get a meeting with Trey to inquire about her possible broth
22/8 - *Deep, frustrated sigh* Why is it so difficult to put details about any series a book may be part of on the front cover? Do publishers really think we should all walk around with internet capable phones ready to check what position a book is within a series? Or should we just not care? I get so annoyed when I realise that a book is part of a series, and that it's not the first book. This seems to be happening to me more and more, at least once a month now, and it's only to the detriment o ...more
Sep 24, 2015 Kathleen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, 2015
Undercover Princess, by Suzanne Brockmann, is apparently part of a series? Whatever, I picked it up because Suzanne Brockmann is the author of a romantic thriller starring a gay couple and so I now automatically grab whatever she's writing lately because there might be queer people in it. This is my life.

Sadly, there are no queer people in Undercover Princess. What there is, is a lot of weird awkwardness, sexual tension, and an oddly rushed ending in which the original mystery of the book never
Kate McMurry
This is a review of the Kindle Edition of Undercover Princess, originally released as Silhouette Intimate Moments #968

Twenty-five-year-old Princess Katherine Wyndham comes from a small principality in Europe. She is the youngest of her sisters and, in her own eyes, very "plain" compared to the other princesses and her mother, all of whom are heart-stoppingly gorgeous. Katherine has had only one love affair up until the moment of the story. The man involved used her to get ahead and ultimately du
I bought this online used as a whim. This was apparently part of a series put out by the publisher in which different authors tackled different royal sisters who go in search of their long-lost brother, the heir to the throne. Despite the very hokey premise, I enjoyed this book. Brockmann's usual flair for characterization carried the story. She almost makes me want to read the rest of the series but I have heard that Brockmann's was the best of them all, so I will give the others a pass.
A quick entertaining read. Hero is a bit of a workaholic and heroine is a princess looking for her long lost brother. She ends up applying for the position of nanny in hopes that hero knows where the possible prince might be.
Apr 21, 2015 Denise rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio
Audiobook new, text old. Not a good enough book to make up for the hero obsessively checking his fax machine for a message from the heroine. Also, not a stand-alone.
Sep 12, 2012 Lyndi rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The blurb says "With those words, Princess Katherine Wyndham went from sensible sister to secret agent." but I can't figure out just what words they're referring to.

Regardless, this was a cute little story. I think Dougie was actually my favorite character. He was just so damn cute and innocent. Stacy reminded me, unfortunately, of my older sister when she went through her death metal phase. I felt pretty bad for Trey for having to deal with all that animosity.

My inner bitch came out a couple ti
Jun 24, 2011 Shea rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A "regency romance" set in the present day. This light read was part "Rebecca," part "Jane Eyre" (Brockmann even references this novel) and just a lot of fun. Princess Katherine and her sisters are looking for their long lost brother. They think they may have tracked down his current identity but he is very elusive. Katherine tries repeatedly to get an appointment with Trey Sutherland, this man's business partner. When she finally gets an appointment with him it is through a clerical error and h ...more
Princess Katherine Wyndham is on a mission to locate her older brother who was kidnapped as a child and presumed dead. This leads her to handsome Tycoon Trey Sutherland who may know something about her brother. Since the only way Katherine can get in to talk to Trey is to pose as a Nanny looking for a job, she ends up caring for Trey's children. Soon she finds that she is a natural at caring for children...and for their father.

I'm working my way through Suzanne Brockmann's backlist and find myse
Nov 01, 2014 Christine rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I really need to be more careful about checking copyright dates....

I was surprised to see this Brockmann book in the 'new books' section of the library. I've really enjoyed her stories in the past, but hadn't read this one.

Trey Sutherland, desperate for a new nanny, hires Katherine Wyndham for the position, not knowing she's really Princess Katherine. Katherine's desperate to find out information about her brother, so she accepts the position. She falls hard for Trey and also for his two kids. T
Feb 25, 2015 M rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really fun romantic read, Princess Kathryn and her sisters have been trying to track Down their long lost brother and heir to throne. Kathy takes a job as a nanny to get close to her supposed brothers' business partner. The idea being that she can pose as commoner Kathy Wind until her illusive brother shows up. Kathy is like Mary Poppins , She know just what to do to bring love, understanding and forgiveness into a dysfunctional family situation--winning all their hearts. 2nd book in the series ...more
Excellent! If you ever thought of writing the Sound of Music as a contemporary romance, forget about it because Suzanne Brockmann has already done it in Undercover Princess. And done it fantastically, I might add.

Trey is the unmoving father who loves his kids but doesn't know how to show it, Stacy and Doug are the forgetten kids with larger contemporary problems than the von Trapp children ever faced, and Kathy, or Princess Katherine, is sensible and smart and falls in love with the dad and the
Princess Katherine Wyndham has joined with her sisters to search for their long lost brother. She tracks down a clue leading her to Trey Sutherland's elusive business partner. Through a misunderstanding with his secretary when she goes to talk to Trey she is offered the position of nanny to his two children. Accepting the position so that she can find her brother she finds more than she was ever expecting. A family of her own.

Why I picked up this book: Suzanne Brockmann.

Why I finished this book:
Russty Thaggard
Not bad, pretty good story line, but lots of unexplained gaps to easy to overlook...

But the main plot line in the beginning was finding their "long-lost" kidnapped brother, plot got sidelined in "true love" and never returned to the main plot... Whatever became of the "long-lost" brother???

Hopefully not a to-be-continued, because this one is not worthy of a sequel...

Overall, quite a let-down from MS. Brockmann's prior books, and not because of the lack of "erotic" content, just not up to her exp
Jul 11, 2015 Katja rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
After putting the first book in the Royally Wed series down without finishing it, I thought I wouldn't read any more. Then it turns out that Suzanne Brockmann wrote book 2. I've read *many* of her other books with great relish, so I decided to give this one a try. I was curious what Brockmann would do with this setting, so very, very different from her usual milieu. The answer: a darn good job! I enjoyed this book, and was happy to see the softer side of Suzanne Brockmann. Special mention for th ...more
I had no idea this was a Harlequin novel until I came to write my review. Apparently this edition is a reprint of a 1999 novel. I should have known from the romantic comedy tropes, but I continued to read on.

Overall, a cute story to take your mind of things, especially if you love romance. I love contemporary romance, but I can be picky. First Suzanne Brockman read and may check out others.

Cute, but not necessarily memorable story.
Dec 24, 2015 SweetSue rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I really liked the love story - especially that Trey acknowledges that he loved his first wife and even though it's clear that she didn't love him as much, she isn't made out to be unfaithful or awful. The kids were good, which isn't always easy to do in this type of story. Often they are too perfect or too nasty. The rest of the story - the mystery of where her brother is, etc. was mostly dumb. And the ease with which her royalty is swept aside was dumb also.
Jan 22, 2016 Bookabulary rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: royalty-peerage
Read the full review on Bookabulary.

I guess I liked the story well enough. The only problem was that Trey didn't have enough time to grovel in the end. It's not the I-love-you-let's-get-married kind of ending but I somehow felt that he should have worked more to get Kathy back after he fired her while not letting her explain why she was in the position she was in in the first place.
Mar 30, 2015 Lorrie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Typically I do not read this type of romance. However, I found the Audiobook version and since it was written by SB I gave it a chance. It was better than I thought it would be. It was not up to the caliber of SB’s later work, but it was still well written. The story was cute even if it was a bit predictable. However, I have no desire to read any of the other books in the series, which were written by different authors.
A sweet modern-day twist on The Sound of Music and Jane Eyre…with no nuns or crazy wives in attics.

***Second Read 3/19/16-3/24/16***
I don't know when I first read this book because my info on the original upload is messed up. Oh well. I read this while I needed filler and the story was a good way to fill a gap. Kathy is a bit ridiculous and Trey is a parent without a backbone, but they finally get it together in the end.
May 03, 2011 Alison rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, fiction, 2011
I picked up this book because of Suzanne Brockmann. I liked the story and I liked the characters but I was upset that there were a few story elements that were left hanging. As this is part of something called "Royally Wed" I am assuming that these elements were wrapped up in other parts of the series. If Brockmann didn't write them, I don't want to read them but I still want to know what happened. *sigh*

Cute story over all. The kids felt real, which is always an accomplishment.
Apr 18, 2012 Tia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Katherine has always had self esteem issues and growing up beside four other gorgeous looking Princesses, who wouldn't? She's always felt like she is in the background and has nothing to offer but that changes when she goes to work for Trey. In fact everything changes and this time Katherine might just realize her value and worth, after all Trey finally has!
Paloma Herrera
I thought that book was interesting but the author contradicts herself on a few scenes when the Princess does and does not do to the love of her life. Lastly it is a bit predictable how the daughter of the lover is driving whole storyline. Its okay, but I had to skip a few pages. Although I will say the sex scenes are very well written.
Alexandria Tale
I've read this book tons of times, and I always enjoyed reading this. This was no different, but I feel rather annoyed with how Kathy always said, "oh, dear.." thing. It got on my nerves. USually, I starred it 5, but this time, I don't feel like to give it 5. Maybe it's because of the "oh dear" thing, or simply because I've read it too much so nothing excited me?
This is such a sweet story. I didn't expect to enjoy it so much when I decided to pick up the book. There were a few parts I was not as satisfied with like the kidnapping; the part that the kidnapper spend a few weeks plotting yet he was brought down so quickly doesn't seem very believable. Overall, it's a short read yet quite enjoyable.
Princess Katherine goes to work for Trey, taking care of his kids. His wife died three years ago, and Princess Katherine and her sisters are looking for their long-lost brother, and they think he's Trey's business partner. She really helped him bond with his kids again. Though, I had a problem with them continuing to let the son pretend to be a dog. I'm glad that didn't go on too long.
Aug 28, 2010 Kim rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The whole plot is too neat, but end with a huge plot whole. I felt at though the author just decided "ok I'm done writing let me just wrap it up." I can't say I would recommend this. Rather watch Mary Poppins and the Princess Diaries.
Diah Didi
Aug 08, 2010 Diah Didi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: series, own, harlequin
Dari 5 cerita yang ditulis orang 5 penulis yang berbeda tentang 5 kakak beradik yang merupakan anggota keluarga kerajaan, menurut saya tulisan Suzanne Brockmann yang paling bagus dan bermutu. Covernya juga beda sendiri. :D
Barb Wittwer
I would have given this cute book more stars if it hadn't been for the sexual parts that I had to skip over. It ruins a beautiful love story for a writer to have so little imagination that she has to ruin the book. Disappointed!
  • The Pregnant Princess - Buah Hati Sang Putri (Royally Wed, #4)
  • A Royal Baby on the Way (Royally Wed, #1)
  • The Princess White Knight - Pengawal Sang Puteri (Royally Wed, #3)
  • Awaken to Danger (Wingmen Warriors, #11)
  • SEAL It with a Kiss (SEAL It With A Kiss #1)
  • Ayah Paro Waktu
  • Basic Training (Harlequin Blaze #238)
  • Her Hero in Hiding (Conard County, #22)
  • Undercover Wife (Colby Agency, #9)
  • One Tough Marine  (Cooper, #3)
  • A Perfect Scoundrel
  • His Majesty, M.D. (Man of the Month) (The Royal Dumonts, #2)
Suzanne Brockmann was born in 1960. Married with Ed Gaffney, a lawyer and published writer. They have two grown children: Melanie, who is a personal trainer and author, and Jason, who is an actor and tap dancer. They divide their time between Boston, Massachusetts, Sarasota, Florida and New York City.

Published since 1993, Suzanne is widely recognized as one of the leading voices in suspense romanc
More about Suzanne Brockmann...

Royally Wed (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • A Royal Baby on the Way (Royally Wed, #1)
  • The Princess White Knight - Pengawal Sang Puteri (Royally Wed, #3)
  • The Pregnant Princess - Buah Hati Sang Putri (Royally Wed, #4)
  • Man...Mercenary...Monarch - Pelangi Impian (Royally Wed, #5)
  • A Royal Masquerade - Pangeran Yang Menyamar (Royally Wed, #6)
  • A Royal Marriage - Pernikahan Sang Pangeran (Royally Wed, #7)
  • A Royal Mission - Cinta Sang Perwira (Royally Wed, #8)
  • The Expectant Princess (Royally Wed: The Stanbury Crown, #9)
  • The Blacksheep Prince's Bride (Royally Wed: The Stanbury Crown, #10)
  • Code Name: Prince (Royally Wed: The Stanbury Crown, #11)