Start by marking “The Bronte Story: Level Three” as Want to Read:
The Bronte Story: Level Three

The Bronte Story: Level Three

3.73 of 5 stars 3.73  ·  rating details  ·  55 ratings  ·  11 reviews
This award-winning collection of adapted classic literature and original stories develops reading skills for low-beginning through advanced students.
Accessible language and carefully controlled vocabulary build students' reading confidence.
Introductions at the beginning of each story, illustrations throughout, and glossaries help build comprehension.
Before, during, and
Published December 28th 1991 by Oxford University Press (first published December 1991)

To ask other readers questions about The Bronte Story, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Bronte Story

Takuya Kitaura
-Oxford level3
-Time 12/ 23 40minutes 12/26 20 minutes
- 7 word summary story- of- Bronte- can- write- marvellous- stories
Discussion question
1. What kind of skills do you have?
A. I like trivia. Moreover I keep in my mind trivia. Therefore I want to say trivia is my skill.
2. Have you ever got a raw deal?
A. Nothing in particular. However there many discrimination around the world.

In former times, women were not able to publish books easily.
Human rights is important.
Kyu Hwan Choi
This book is about 3 girls and they are very good at writing. This book is very good to read. The story was so exciting.
Keiko Kawashima
1. Oxford Bookworms Library

2. 5/12 = 40 minutes, 5/14 = 40 minutes

3. Haworth, Charlotte, Emily, Anne Bronte, graveyard, the little books, die

4. a. "It's one of our stories, papa," "We have to come in here to look at the picture. Then we invent what happens."
b. I like this sentence because when Charlotte was asked his father to see the books, she didn't tell him, but this time she did it and it's story was theirs. He might have been pleased.

5. This is kind of a sad story I think. Children died o
Shiho
1. Oxford Level3
2. 7/1 40 minutes, 7/2 60 minutes
3. Haworth, graveyard, church, poor, book, writing, children
4. The world is a hard place, children, and we cannot understand everything that God does. But God loves us, never forget that. Your mother loved you, and perhaps she can see you now. We must all try to work hard, learn as much as possible, and be kind to each other. Will you do that?
I really moved with this sentence.
5. I cannot image that my family will be die one after another.
slyonbooks
If you are after a quick reference guide on the Brontë sisters then The Bronte Story is a compact read of around 60 pages that will set you straight.

Having recently read the fictional work The Secret Adventures of Charlotte Brontë by Laura Joh Rowland, I was drawn to this compact Oxford Bookworm to jolt my knowledge of the sister and clarify who wrote what and when etc.

There are even some great photographs of Haworth village where the family lived and ink drawings done by the Brontë’s, who could
Sayaka
1 oxford level3
2 12/10=105minutes
3 small village, die, uncle, school, sisters, brother
4 "you are the most important person in the world to me"
I really like this sentence. How sweet he is!
5 This story was sad. Many people got sick and died and a boy was crazy because he got dumped.
Hadi
I can't read the book ..how I can red it on this website?
Selin
Yaa ben bunun sınavından yüz alırdım ama iptal edildi ya içime oturdu... Neyse.
Sadece yazar olan 3 bronte kardeşten fazlasını yani kısaca tüm aileyi anlatan bir tür biyografi. Gerçekten çok etkileyici ve dramatik bir biyografiydi. Hatta artık sonlara doğru ağlayacaktım. Bu kitap kısacık bir ingilizce öğrenim kitabıysada bu kitabı oluduktan sonra bronteların kitapları kesinlikle daha anlamlı gelecek bana... Zaten Tim Vicary oxfordun bookworm dizisinde başı çeken isimdir.
Namiko
May 12, 2011 Namiko added it
I didn't noticed that this story is about the great writers until I saw two words put together "Emily Bronte." Her story, "Wuthering Heights" is really famous, and I've seen the movie of her sister's "Jane Eyre." Then this book was getting very interested in reading it. I realized what Angela said that female writers use male names. Even now Harry Potter's writer did.
Nada Hossny
wonderful story ... so dramatic .. i read it like every few days .. one of my fav books <3 <3
هاجَر
all his love died before his eyes :"(
محمد عبدالله
محمد عبدالله marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2015
Sadoxd
Sadoxd added it
Jan 31, 2015
Gracie Beswick
Gracie Beswick marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2014
Vatis
Vatis marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2014
Nana
Nana marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2014
Isalli J. simpson
Isalli J. simpson is currently reading it
Dec 10, 2014
Faris
Faris marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2014
Nguyen Phuong
Nguyen Phuong marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2014
Mariya Aleksieva
Mariya Aleksieva marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2014
Maali
Maali added it
Oct 05, 2014
Purley College
Purley College marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
A Game of Proof The Elephant Man Nobody's Slave A Fatal Verdict (The Trials of Sarah Newby, #2) Bold Counsel (The Trials of Sarah Newby, #3)