Start by marking “Shinshi Doumei Cross - Allianz der Gentlemen, Band 02” as Want to Read:
Shinshi Doumei Cross - Allianz der Gentlemen, Band 02

Shinshi Doumei Cross - Allianz der Gentlemen, Band 02 (The Gentlemen's Alliance #2)

4.22 of 5 stars 4.22  ·  rating details  ·  3,637 ratings  ·  35 reviews
Haine Otomiya ist Schülerin der „Kaiserlichen Privatschule“, einer Eliteschule, in der die Kinder reicher Eltern unterrichtet werden. Die Schüler werden in drei Klassen (Bronze, Silber und Gold) unterteilt, je nachdem, wie wohlhabend die Familie ist. Je höher die Klassenzugehörigkeit, desto mehr Privilegien genießen sie. Aber nur einer, Togu Shizumasa, ist in der Gold-Klas ...more
Published May 29th 2006 by Tokyopop

Be the first to ask a question about Shinshi Doumei Cross - Allianz der Gentlemen, Band 02

I.S.I.
Apr 17, 2014 I.S.I. rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to I.S.I. by: Caro
Shelves: manga
This volume was so much BETTER than the first one!

Many of the characters get a back story and some deep to their characters. (Thank god, because Haine would've become boring without it!) They evolve and you actually have time to learn who is who. There's lot of drama and questionable behavior. Nobody is who you think they are.

The best thing (apart from the art work) is the humor. I LAUGHED OUT LOUD! good thing I'm home alone And I love Haine and Maguri's relationship. I think they'd make great f
Dharia Scarab

4 sta
*Miss Fame*
The first half of this volume was really slow and not very exciting, but once we got into character backgrounds and the mystery surrounding Shizumasa-sama, it got a lot more interesting. Now I'm slightly more invested in the series.

Speaking of Shizumasa-sama, he actually has a new name. For some reason, I always see his name as Shizumasu-sama, so now that's what I call him. When writing reviews, I'll try my hardest to type Shizumasa instead of Shizumasu, but I make no promises ;)

I still don't li
Kereesa
This second volume in the The Gentlemen's Alliance was definitely a huge improvement from it's likable, but not totally compelling debut volume. The plotline is definitely showing its soon-to-be happenings, and there was some great character revelations and developments. Ushio was a special favorite for me in this one, and Haine definitely brought some grrl power not only physically (yes, she DOES kick ass), but mentally as well. In spite of the fact she's kind of stupid, Haine is surprisingly v ...more
Nick
Overall Rating: B
Synopsis: Written and drawn by Arina Tanemura, Gentleman's Alliance follows 15-year old Haine Otomiya as she starts high school at the exclusive Imperial Academy. Haine has been in love with Shizumasa Togu since she read the fairy tale he wrote as a child. However, he is now the Emperor (top student) at the Academy, and almost impossible to see if you aren't a Silver (second tier student) or on the student council. Haine is only a bronze, and rumor has it the Emperor already has
Ottery StCatchpole
Sabrina "Look At My Books"
Arina Tanemura has a thing for confusing story telling. I never get those scenes with Ushio and the guys. NEVER!!! Could she be a bit more precise what is happening exactly. Does she sleep with the guys every time we see her in this sort of position (btw why does she sleep with them if she hates mankind so much?)

But I still like "Shizumasa" although he is really mean to Haine. But I think he likes her without knowing it yet.
Hannah
I found the first volume to be quite entertaining, but it is just going downhill from there.

Haine and Maguri are both head-over-heals in love with Shizumasa, despite him being a total prick. In fact, Maguri admitted to that being the reason he likes him, because "he's just so cute!"

Secondly, I felt that making Maora (view spoiler) was completely random and unnecessary to the story. It doesn't serve any purpose, except making Haine feel self-conscious about being in the cha
Kate
Review in 75 Words or Less: Being familiar with Tanemura's previous works, I was very excited to start this series. The Gentleman's Alliance Cross was almost everything I had hoped for. The premise is interesting.. the characters were fun and hilarious, but I had a really hard time following the plot at times. While the overall plot stays on a main focus, the chapter's scenes seem to jump around a lot. Giving the reader almost a discombobulating experience.

Final Verdict: A fun and exciting read
Kayla
Usually the first manga in the series gets a 4 star and then I give the rest 3 stars unless they are amazing (thats just how I roll), but the first one in this series actually got a 2 star, so now the second one has a better rating from me. I have to admit that the character actions that I don't like are starting to grow on me. And the plot twist at the end left me like WHAAAAAAAT???!!??? (view spoiler) ...more
Deb
Jul 12, 2007 Deb rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: shojo geeks
Shelves: manga, fantasy-sf
With the extra-duty of being a Platinum piled on Haine's head, she finds less time to spend mooning after The Emperor. However, to please her ethics he rearranges the way the student council does business. Secrets about Haine are revealed, dopplegangers are drawn, evil fathers come to light!

The subplots are developed more in the second volume, becoming more interesting than the primary story line as the author digs into the cast of supporting characters.
CJ - So, you wanna play with magic?
Despite having a bit of what I like to call the "Usagi" syndrome (see Sailor Moon) , Haine is a likeable character that you can't help but root for. Now that there us some mystery regarding the Shizun's as well as some surprises from Haine's old family, the story is definitely heating up.
Lola
This volume was a little better thent the first one.
A lot more interesting. Still kind of mean here and there though.
I can't wait to see whats going to happen. Although it might be awhile, oh well
Nikki
recommend to hardcore shojo readers... this kind of manga is what you usually start with... unless u hate lots of screentone, big eyes, crying about some kind of boy (even the boys cry), and girlyness READ IT!
Savvy
I would recommend reading this along with the others. I say this because I read the whole series without bk. 2 and thought all was good, but I was wrong. So glad I read this! (It took me long enough.)
Jenny
[Ch. 5-9:]

Pretty good chapters. You find out something interesting about all the characters, but two I found really shocking or insightful. Don't know how I feel about the "fake" Shizumasa-sama.
Steph
Jan 23, 2009 Steph rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of arina Tanemura
Recommended to Steph by: read Tanemura's other works
Shelves: manga
Not bad, and I love the art. Arina Tanemura is one of the greatest artist of mangas in my opinion. The story line still confuses me, but I'm starting to understand it and I love all the plot twists.
Lara
Okay, this is starting to make a LITTLE bit more sense, although it's still pretty out there. I'll keep going with it though, if only to see who ends up together in the end.
Cathryn Ferrara
Great manga I am really enjoying this series. High school drama with a lot of family issues its great.
Naomi
Woah! So many secrets! I can't wait to see how everyone takes finding out these secrets!
Kate
Oh, the drama! The deliciously twisty plotlines! The unrequited romance!

I adore this series.
Amy
Gentlemen's Alliance , Vol. 2 (The Gentlemen's Alliance ) by Arina Tanemura (2007)
Danielle
Still love her artwork and the complex relationships she developed in this series.
Dylan
Yeah Shizumasa and Haine. Such a good series. Return her feelings already Shizumasa.
Araceli Arias
i like how Shizumasa said to Maguri " Maguri let's break up." that was really funny.
Prima
A random volume my friend bought as a Christmas present. So I read it.
Erica
some of the girls look too much alike so I keep getting confused.
It was better...and fascinating, actually. So many unexpected events!
Kayla Brock
I really liked this book. It kept me hooked the entire time!
Katy
Haine is growing on me :) Lots of twists in this volume!
  • MeruPuri, Vol. 2 (MeruPuri, #2)
  • Special A, Vol. 02 (Special A, #2)
  • Wild Ones, Vol. 2 (Wild Ones, #2)
  • Absolute Boyfriend, Vol. 02
  • Kitchen Princess, Vol. 03 (Kitchen Princess, #3)
  • Millennium Snow, Vol. 2 (Millennium Snow, #2)
  • Ultra Maniac, Vol. 02
  • Beauty Pop, Vol. 4 (Beauty Pop, #4)
  • Shugo Chara!, Vol. 3: Can a Bad Guy Turn Good? (Shugo Chara!, #3)
Name in Japanese: 種村有菜 (Tanemura Arina)
Western Zodiac: Pisces

Arina Tanemura was born on March 12, 1978. She's the author of Full Moon O Sagashite, Time Stranger Kyoko, Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, The Gentlemen's Alliance Cross, Sakura Hime Kaden, and more.

Her favorite hobby is Karaoke. One song that she sings is Smile, originally by Myco. She has two cats, named Riku and Kai. She has one elder and one
More about Arina Tanemura...

The Gentlemen's Alliance (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • The Gentlemen's Alliance †, Vol. 01
  • The Gentlemen's Alliance †, Vol. 08
  • The Gentlemen's Alliance †, Vol. 09
  • The Gentlemen's Alliance †, Vol. 10
  • The Gentlemen's Alliance †, Vol. 11
Full Moon O Sagashite, Vol. 01 The Gentlemen's Alliance †, Vol. 01 Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Vol. 1 (Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, #1) Full Moon O Sagashite, Vol. 02 Full Moon O Sagashite, Vol. 04