Start by marking “Everybody Bonjours!” as Want to Read:
Everybody Bonjours!

Everybody Bonjours!

3.44 of 5 stars 3.44  ·  rating details  ·  100 ratings  ·  28 reviews
Shop a fancy France-y store. Eat a pretty petit four. Discover! Sightsee! Explore! On this fun and friendly tour, everybody says “Bonjour!” Whether at a soccer stadium (“players scoring”), a crêpe stand (“batter pouring”), or strolling the Champs d’ Elysee (where folks “bonjour” in every store), a little girl and her family are welcomed everywhere with the signature French ...more
Published April 8th 2008 by Knopf Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Everybody Bonjours!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Everybody Bonjours!

Kate Hastings
Apr 22, 2008 Kate Hastings rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: fancy nancy storytimes
Shelves: picturebooks
Everybody in Paris says Bonjour! I thought this would be a fun book to pair with Fancy Nancy for a storytime (since Nancy thinks speaking French is fancy!)
Karen
My five-year-old son picked out this book from the library last week.

This isn't a bad book; it's just not especially a good book. Some of the illustrations are charming, but they, and the text, fail to capture the feel of Paris for me.
Relyn
Feb 02, 2014 Relyn rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: teachers & parents
Recommended to Relyn by: I reviewed it for our local university
I got this book through a program at our local university. I write reviews of children's books with the goal of helping teachers discover great new books to use in their classrooms and to pass along to their students. I loved this one. The illustrations are engaging and the words easy to follow. My second graders loved the pages in the back that told a bit about each of the featured locations in the book. The Paris Opera House, Notre Dame, a crepe stand, the zoo...

Classroom Connections
I used th
alana
When I first picked up this book, I thought it was quite old due to the style of the illustrations. However, it's a recent publication (2008) and includes even the Centre Pompidou and references le Stade de France. Consequently, I'm surprised the creperie illustration has a menu listing the prices of crepes in francs. I suppose they are getting at that nostaglic view of Paris that seems so endearing. In terms of using this book with children -- particularly those who may be travelling internatio ...more
george
A little girl travels through Paris and explains how, in the city, everybody bonjours! In stores and in the streets, at soccer games and guided tours. The illustrations are ver bright and colorful and fun. But the grammar kills me. No one "bonjours," just like no one in America "hellos." If Kimmelman had left the "s" out, then I really wouldn't have much of a problem with this book. But it does drive me crazy. The best part of the book, though, is the brief history and explaination of famous lan ...more
The Library Lady
I dunno. I'm a Francophile, but somehow this just didn't give me the FEEL of Paris, or for that matter of the word "bonjours". Perhaps it's because the word is so seldom used that way any more than we talk about "hellos". Try reading this with the word "hellos" instead of "bonjours" and see if you see what I mean.
Peut-etre, if it has been "Everybody SAYS bonjour", I would have liked it better. Picky of me, but there it is. Meanwhile I'd stick with "Madeline" to get the full flavor of Paris...
Jamie
My daughter is CRAZY about this book. It is the only book she will allow me to read her before bed. We have to read it three times. I try to pick up other books (old faves like Goodnight Moon and Each Peach Pear Plum) but she pushes them away until I pick this one up.

I have to admit - I love it, too. The illustrations are so beautiful, and the words are simple but fun. I wish the author/illustrator had other books like this one to add to our collection!
Maren Prestegaard
I know Paris gets a little too much love. It would be nice to read more kids lit depicting other countries. But I gotta admit. I love this book with the petit fours and the crepes and the coffee sipping. It's a bit dreamy . . . and a good break from Madeline (though Bemelmans does it best!)
Kaethe
Why are there so many books about the sights of Paris? Well, besides the obvious, that we keeping picking them up to read. I want there to be more books like this for other cities. What's fun in Beijing or Rome or Reykjavik or Addis Ababba?
Kayla
This was a good book. It will teach students a different way of how people in another country say hello. The pictures in the books are wonderful because they look like they are been painted with water paints. This is a good book to show culture.
Molly
Follows a little girl and her family on a trip to Paris. The simple text is complemented by the illustrations, giving a little peak into French life. There is more detailed information on all the locations, at the back of the book.
Leah
Beautiful painted illustrations and a very simple storyline about Paris and "bonjouring" that will prepare young travellers for the City of Light. Younger sister-type companion for Fancy Nancy enthusiasts.
June
Nov 05, 2013 June rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: for a simple introduction to france
Shelves: france, picture-book
I was looking for a younger story for a French Favorites story time and this was perfect.

Worked well in story time for my young attendees too. We waved "hello" every time we "Bonjoured."
Amy
I liked the illustrations and although the story line was cute, the French translation/pronunciation (there is no "s" on bonjour) was a bit disappointing.
Suzanne
Apparently bonjour is how they say hello in French but when you come back to the States we say hello. Could a title be anymore self-explanatory?
Sharai
Feb 23, 2012 Sharai added it
Shelves: children
I liked the illustrations and simple text that children can understand especially with the simple message being that everyone says Hello
Tricia
great illustrations of paris as a little girl takes a trip there with her family. pretty basic text.
Molly
This fun book shows how you can you manners everywhere. I love the illustrations in it. Ages 5+
Bethany
A cute picture book, very short with very few words, about things that people do in France.
Larissa Langsather
Hermione (age 3) loved this book!!! We had so much fun reading it over and over again.
melanie (lit*chick)
loved the illustrations, the rhymes were cute, but boring for 5 year old lil dude.
Christina
Paris adventures from a child's vacation point of view
Leyla
We liked it. We learned some French. lol ;)
Pam
disappointing. I was hoping for more French.
Emily
Oct 24, 2010 Emily added it
:D!!
Kelly
Oct 02, 2009 Kelly marked it as children-s
blah
Melanie Rightmyer
Melanie Rightmyer marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
The Little Red Hen and the Passover Matzah Hot Dog! Eleanor Roosevelt Throws a Picnic The Three Bully Goats How Do I Love You? Mind Your Manners, Alice Roosevelt!