Start by marking “Everybody Bonjours!” as Want to Read:
Everybody Bonjours!

Everybody Bonjours!

Shop a fancy France-y store. Eat a pretty petit four. Discover! Sightsee! Explore! On this fun and friendly tour, everybody says “Bonjour!” Whether at a soccer stadium (“players scoring”), a crêpe stand (“batter pouring”), or strolling the Champs d’ Elysee (where folks “bonjour” in every store), a little girl and her family are welcomed everywhere with the signature French ...more
Published April 8th 2008 by Knopf Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Everybody Bonjours!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Everybody Bonjours!

Kate Hastings
Apr 22, 2008 Kate Hastings rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: fancy nancy storytimes
Shelves: picturebooks
Everybody in Paris says Bonjour! I thought this would be a fun book to pair with Fancy Nancy for a storytime (since Nancy thinks speaking French is fancy!)
Doreen
Nov 15, 2015 Doreen rated it really liked it
I picked this up for Jms at the library today as, before the twins were born, he and I had been putting some effort into speaking in French. Recently, the word "bonjour" has been showing up in a song he's learned in pre-K, so I thought, why not see if I can ease him back into it? And then I remembered what recently happened in Paris, and we read the book together, and, well. He liked the book just fine. I was far more affected, especially by the page showing the football game in the Stade de Fra ...more
alana
When I first picked up this book, I thought it was quite old due to the style of the illustrations. However, it's a recent publication (2008) and includes even the Centre Pompidou and references le Stade de France. Consequently, I'm surprised the creperie illustration has a menu listing the prices of crepes in francs. I suppose they are getting at that nostaglic view of Paris that seems so endearing. In terms of using this book with children -- particularly those who may be travelling internatio ...more
Relyn
Sep 14, 2008 Relyn rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: teachers & parents
Recommended to Relyn by: I reviewed it for our local university
I got this book through a program at our local university. I write reviews of children's books with the goal of helping teachers discover great new books to use in their classrooms and to pass along to their students. I loved this one. The illustrations are engaging and the words easy to follow. My second graders loved the pages in the back that told a bit about each of the featured locations in the book. The Paris Opera House, Notre Dame, a crepe stand, the zoo...

Classroom Connections
I used th
The Library Lady
Apr 25, 2008 The Library Lady rated it liked it
I dunno. I'm a Francophile, but somehow this just didn't give me the FEEL of Paris, or for that matter of the word "bonjours". Perhaps it's because the word is so seldom used that way any more than we talk about "hellos". Try reading this with the word "hellos" instead of "bonjours" and see if you see what I mean.
Peut-etre, if it has been "Everybody SAYS bonjour", I would have liked it better. Picky of me, but there it is. Meanwhile I'd stick with "Madeline" to get the full flavor of Paris...
george
Aug 26, 2008 george rated it liked it
A little girl travels through Paris and explains how, in the city, everybody bonjours! In stores and in the streets, at soccer games and guided tours. The illustrations are ver bright and colorful and fun. But the grammar kills me. No one "bonjours," just like no one in America "hellos." If Kimmelman had left the "s" out, then I really wouldn't have much of a problem with this book. But it does drive me crazy. The best part of the book, though, is the brief history and explaination of famous lan ...more
Jamie
Aug 11, 2011 Jamie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids-books
My daughter is CRAZY about this book. It is the only book she will allow me to read her before bed. We have to read it three times. I try to pick up other books (old faves like Goodnight Moon and Each Peach Pear Plum) but she pushes them away until I pick this one up.

I have to admit - I love it, too. The illustrations are so beautiful, and the words are simple but fun. I wish the author/illustrator had other books like this one to add to our collection!
Jun 03, 2008 Sarah rated it it was ok
Shelves: children-s-lit
June
Nov 04, 2013 June rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: for a simple introduction to france
Shelves: picture-book, france
I was looking for a younger story for a French Favorites story time and this was perfect.

Worked well in story time for my young attendees too. We waved "hello" every time we "Bonjoured."

I'm rounding this up to 4. One little girl was so cute saying "Bonjour." Her French nanny checked the book out.
Kayla
This was a good book. It will teach students a different way of how people in another country say hello. The pictures in the books are wonderful because they look like they are been painted with water paints. This is a good book to show culture.
Maren Prestegaard
Dec 30, 2012 Maren Prestegaard rated it it was amazing
I know Paris gets a little too much love. It would be nice to read more kids lit depicting other countries. But I gotta admit. I love this book with the petit fours and the crepes and the coffee sipping. It's a bit dreamy . . . and a good break from Madeline (though Bemelmans does it best!)
Kaethe
Aug 11, 2010 Kaethe rated it really liked it
Why are there so many books about the sights of Paris? Well, besides the obvious, that we keeping picking them up to read. I want there to be more books like this for other cities. What's fun in Beijing or Rome or Reykjavik or Addis Ababba?
Leah
Beautiful painted illustrations and a very simple storyline about Paris and "bonjouring" that will prepare young travellers for the City of Light. Younger sister-type companion for Fancy Nancy enthusiasts.
Molly
Follows a little girl and her family on a trip to Paris. The simple text is complemented by the illustrations, giving a little peak into French life. There is more detailed information on all the locations, at the back of the book.
Karen
Jun 20, 2014 Karen rated it liked it
My five-year-old son picked out this book from the library last week.

This isn't a bad book; it's just not especially a good book. Some of the illustrations are charming, but they, and the text, fail to capture the feel of Paris for me.
Tricia
Jul 06, 2008 Tricia rated it liked it
great illustrations of paris as a little girl takes a trip there with her family. pretty basic text.
Sharai
Feb 23, 2012 Sharai added it
Shelves: children
I liked the illustrations and simple text that children can understand especially with the simple message being that everyone says Hello
Suzanne
Jun 30, 2008 Suzanne rated it it was ok
Shelves: childrens
Apparently bonjour is how they say hello in French but when you come back to the States we say hello. Could a title be anymore self-explanatory?
Amy
Oct 30, 2012 Amy rated it it was ok
Shelves: children-s, french
I liked the illustrations and although the story line was cute, the French translation/pronunciation (there is no "s" on bonjour) was a bit disappointing.
Angie Quantrell
Sep 02, 2016 Angie Quantrell rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
Love this book about a tradition in France. Everybody says bonjour - everywhere. Keeping this book in my French pile.
Emily
Oct 24, 2010 Emily added it
:D!!
Laura rated it liked it
Apr 07, 2016
Grégoire
Grégoire rated it it was amazing
Feb 19, 2016
Dorothy
Dorothy rated it really liked it
Sep 29, 2012
Savannah
Savannah rated it liked it
Nov 30, 2016
Christina
Feb 20, 2013 Christina rated it really liked it
Paris adventures from a child's vacation point of view
Jessica
Jessica rated it really liked it
Feb 09, 2016
Austin Patterson
Austin Patterson rated it it was amazing
Jun 18, 2015
Leyla
Aug 15, 2013 Leyla rated it liked it
We liked it. We learned some French. lol ;)
Meghna Lipcon
Meghna Lipcon rated it it was amazing
Dec 11, 2013
  • Camping Day!
  • Four Feet, Two Sandals
  • Babies in the Bayou
  • The Secret Circus
  • Roslyn Rutabaga and the Biggest Hole on Earth!
  • Trouble Gum
  • Red is a Dragon: A Book of Colors
  • Duck
  • Cows in the Kitchen
  • Hello, Day!
  • Who Took the Cookies from the Cookie Jar?
  • Christmas In The Country