Start by marking “If You Lived 100 Years Ago” as Want to Read:
If You Lived 100 Years Ago

If You Lived 100 Years Ago

3.76 of 5 stars 3.76  ·  rating details  ·  80 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Readers travel back in time to explore life in New York City 100 years ago, where there's not a television or computer in sight! This illustrated guide reveals how people both rich and poor dressed, traveled, dined, and entertained themselves.
Published September 1st 1999 by Scholastic Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about If You Lived 100 Years Ago, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about If You Lived 100 Years Ago

Abby Clark
This is a great book for children to read to learn about how the people of our country lived in the past. Things were so much different than they were now, so it is definitely an eye opener for children. It is a little bit lengthy, but each section is very interesting to read. Each section has a question like; Who watched the kids? or Where did people shop? This is a good book for any age to learn about how our country has changed over the years.
Lauren Briggs
I think this is a great book for children to read. Sometimes I don’t think children understand how much things have changed in a hundred years. New technologies have made the living situation much better. I like how they explained that sports were just being invented a hundred years ago and the rich and the poor traveled in very different ways.
Caroline Dougherty
I loved this book! I could spend hours reading this book and digging deeper. It is so cute and I know students would love learning about the life styles of people from 100 years ago and that is what the book focuses on.
Breanna
I found this book extremely interesting. People of all ages can learn something from this book. It would be an excellent book to use when teaching about all of the immigrants that traveled to America.
Kayla Skeans
Reading this book was fun, where the book showed what you would have been doing if you were high class or lower class. It also showed that the lower class had less but were humble.
Julia
Read with my boys. Very informative and the boys liked the illustrations.
Alistair Kessel
Not so good. Because it gave me nightmares.
Rehan Abd Jamil
Very informative..nice pictures also..
Jeremiah
A very cool book that teaches a ton of fun facts about the past in a Q & A-style format that makes learning history fun, fun, fun! I started reading this book to my son, and after a while realized that I was engrossed in it and he wasn't even paying attention.
Jill
I loved this book. The illustrations will help younger children enjoy the book and really fun and interesting facts are shared. This would be a great book to help children fall in love with history.
Samantha Penrose
I plan to read many more of these "if you" books with the kids.
Great illustrations, and the information is presented in a fun way.
Jim
v. nice book, lots of pictures and illos. new york at the turn of the century. compares living conditions, food, wages, sports, books etc.
Wakeupandlearn
Wakeupandlearn is currently reading it
Jun 30, 2015
Melody Woods
Melody Woods is currently reading it
Jun 21, 2015
Julia
Julia added it
Jun 19, 2015
Camila
Camila marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2015
Debbie Rollins
Debbie Rollins marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2015
Alice
Alice marked it as to-read
May 31, 2015
Tab Burkhalter
Tab Burkhalter marked it as to-read
May 14, 2015
Erica
Erica added it
May 12, 2015
Amanda
Amanda added it
May 10, 2015
Celia Zenon
Celia Zenon marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Stone Soup Robin Hood of Sherwood Forest (Scholastic Junior Classics) Too Much Noise If You Sailed On The Mayflower The Secret Soldier: The Story of Deborah Sampson