Start by marking “If You Lived 100 Years Ago” as Want to Read:
If You Lived 100 Years Ago

If You Lived 100 Years Ago

3.93 of 5 stars 3.93  ·  rating details  ·  56 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Readers travel back in time to explore life in New York City 100 years ago, where there's not a television or computer in sight! This illustrated guide reveals how people both rich and poor dressed, traveled, dined, and entertained themselves.
Published September 1st 1999 by Scholastic Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about If You Lived 100 Years Ago, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about If You Lived 100 Years Ago

Lauren Briggs
I think this is a great book for children to read. Sometimes I don’t think children understand how much things have changed in a hundred years. New technologies have made the living situation much better. I like how they explained that sports were just being invented a hundred years ago and the rich and the poor traveled in very different ways.
Caroline Dougherty
I loved this book! I could spend hours reading this book and digging deeper. It is so cute and I know students would love learning about the life styles of people from 100 years ago and that is what the book focuses on.
Breanna
I found this book extremely interesting. People of all ages can learn something from this book. It would be an excellent book to use when teaching about all of the immigrants that traveled to America.
Kayla Skeans
Reading this book was fun, where the book showed what you would have been doing if you were high class or lower class. It also showed that the lower class had less but were humble.
Alistair Kessel
Not so good. Because it gave me nightmares.
Jeremiah
A very cool book that teaches a ton of fun facts about the past in a Q & A-style format that makes learning history fun, fun, fun! I started reading this book to my son, and after a while realized that I was engrossed in it and he wasn't even paying attention.
Jill
I loved this book. The illustrations will help younger children enjoy the book and really fun and interesting facts are shared. This would be a great book to help children fall in love with history.
Samantha Penrose
I plan to read many more of these "if you" books with the kids.
Great illustrations, and the information is presented in a fun way.
Jim
v. nice book, lots of pictures and illos. new york at the turn of the century. compares living conditions, food, wages, sports, books etc.
Miri
Miri marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2014
Monica
Monica marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Stone Soup Robin Hood of Sherwood Forest (Scholastic Junior Classics) Too Much Noise The Secret Soldier: The Story of Deborah Sampson If You Sailed On The Mayflower