Start by marking “Working on Yourself Doesnt Work: A Book about Instantaneous Transformation” as Want to Read:
Working on Yourself Doesnt Work: A Book about Instantaneous Transformation

Working on Yourself Doesnt Work: A Book about Instantaneous Transformation

Working On Yourself Doesn't Work reveals a revolutionary new approach that will allow you to reach a state of awareness and centeredness that in the past was rarely, if ever, achieved. The Kanes are expert guides who, with great skill and humor, bring the reader through the swamp of the mind into the clarity and brilliance of the moment.
Published July 15th 1999 by ASK Productions (first published July 10th 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Working on Yourself Doesnt Work, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Working on Yourself Doesnt Work

Leah Schneeflock
Apr 23, 2012 Leah Schneeflock rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-love
I always used to think that 'living in the moment' was an abstract concept that you could only achieve by meditating for years on a mountaintop. I wanted it, but couldn't understand how it could possibly work for me, with my busy life and all of the goals I wanted to acheive. Well, Ariel and Shya Kane and their incredible book have shown me that not only is it possible, but it can be fun! The Kane's approach to living in the moment puts the light back in enlightenment; their book is written with ...more
Nathalie Meurens
Great no non-sense to living in the moment and make more out of life.
Bebe Booth
Feb 26, 2013 Bebe Booth rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very Simple and straight forward, BUT effective. The truth is life is simple but we've over complicated life by adding elements of control (and greed). We've become so caught up on what we (mankind) has created (each society's norms and expectations) that we forget to EXPERIENCE LIVING. Being in the moment IS living and this book does a fantastic job at guiding you.
If you're frustrated, stressed, have an open mind about life and living and are ready to take control of YOURSELF you will find this
Melanie
May 21, 2013 Melanie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book doesn't contain any new ideas, but what sets it apart from many books in this genre is the clarity and simplicity with which they are expressed.

The central theme of the book is about living "in the moment". If you are being in this moment, all problems disappear automatically because problems are a projection towards the future of possible realities based upon past experiences.

The authors set out 3 basic principles of transformation, the first of these is "what you resist persists". P
Jill
Aug 04, 2012 Jill rated it did not like it
As a counselor, this book caught my attention. Interesting approach in dealing with our internal dialogue. It runs along the lines of cognitive-behavioral approach somewhat, but mainly deals with changing the negative thought process and not so much the bad behavior.
Natasha (Diarist) Holme
Apr 21, 2012 Natasha (Diarist) Holme rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: People looking for answers
Shelves: advice, spiritual
Great title. And pretty accurate. Stop trying to change things, and get present. I found this remarkably similar (down to details sometimes) to what I learnt on The Landmark Forum in 2003. I wondered who had borrowed from whom?
Kitty
Nov 22, 2008 Kitty rated it liked it
A simple but powerful message - live in the moment. I'm not sure if this book can "create" the "transformation" it preaches, but I enjoyed reading it.
Marilyn
Nov 01, 2009 Marilyn rated it it was amazing
All it takes to have your life transform is getting into and living from the moment--this current moment of now.
Liza
Nov 16, 2012 Liza rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is worth reading several times and at least once a year to keep the principles in mind. Very enjoyable and easy to read.
Sarah rated it really liked it
May 15, 2016
Judy Kennedy
Judy Kennedy rated it really liked it
May 12, 2015
Tim
Tim rated it really liked it
Jul 06, 2014
Heather
Heather rated it really liked it
May 29, 2015
Lydia
Lydia rated it really liked it
Jun 22, 2014
Jim
Jim rated it really liked it
May 07, 2016
Maya
Maya rated it really liked it
Dec 09, 2016
kelly
kelly rated it really liked it
Feb 08, 2014
Duong
Duong rated it it was amazing
Jun 13, 2012
Mary Elam
Mary Elam rated it really liked it
Apr 03, 2016
L Jay Mitchell
L Jay Mitchell rated it it was amazing
Nov 09, 2016
Kasia
Kasia rated it it was amazing
Jul 19, 2013
Reggie Chan
Reggie Chan rated it really liked it
Dec 25, 2013
Galina
Galina rated it it was amazing
Jul 26, 2012
Shya Kane
Jun 11, 2015 Shya Kane rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Jason Treu
Jason Treu rated it it was amazing
Sep 01, 2014
Pewterbreath
Pewterbreath rated it did not like it
Dec 03, 2013
Corinne Adams
Corinne Adams rated it it was amazing
Dec 19, 2012
Ruth Fisher
Ruth Fisher rated it it was amazing
Jan 22, 2016
Mom
Mom rated it it was amazing
Sep 05, 2010
Josh
Josh rated it really liked it
Jun 21, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Healing Light of the Tao: Foundational Practices to Awaken Chi Energy
  • The Neville Reader
  • Manifesting Change: It Couldn't Be Easier
  • Pharmacy For the Soul: A Comprehensive Collection of Meditations, Relaxation and Awareness Exercises, and Other Practices for Physical and Emotional Well-Being
  • A Still, Small Voice: A Psychic's Guide to Awakening Intuition
  • Unplug the Christmas Machine: A Complete Guide to Putting Love and Warmth Back into the Season
  • Busting Loose from the Money Game: Mind-Blowing Strategies for Changing the Rules of a Game You Can't Win
  • Courage: Overcoming Fear and Igniting Self-Confidence
  • Spirited: Connect to the Guides All Around You
  • Your Heart's Desire: Instructions for Creating the Life You Really Want
  • I Need Your Love - Is That True?: How to Stop Seeking Love, Approval, and Appreciation and Start Finding Them Instead
  • Power of Awareness: New Edition Incorporating Neville's Later Notes
  • The Right-Brain Business Plan: A Creative, Visual Map for Success
  • Changing for Good: A Revolutionary Six-Stage Program for Overcoming Bad Habits and Moving Your Life Positively Forward
  • Wishcraft: How to Get What You Really Want
  • Clicker Training for Cats
  • A Mythic Life: Learning to Live our Greater Story
  • Treatise of Revolutionary Psychology: The Gnostic Method of Real Spiritual Awakening

“If you are satisfied, you bring your satisfaction to the moment and fill the circumstances of your life with that satisfaction. If you are dissatisfied, however, no one and nothing can produce contentment for you.” 1 likes