Life Management for Busy Women: Living Out God's Plan with Passion & Purpose

Life Management for Busy Women: Living Out God's Plan with Passion & Purpose

4.18 of 5 stars 4.18  ·  rating details  ·  217 ratings  ·  32 reviews
Elizabeth George--speaker, teacher, and bestselling author of "A Woman After God's Own Heart(R)"--admits to being a disorganized, goal-less woman when she was in her 20s. Over the decades, the love and patience of God and the transforming power of his Word and Spirit have taught her the life-changing principles she shares here, including how to...live each day God's waytak...more
Published July 1st 2002 by Harvest House Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Life Management for Busy Women, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Life Management for Busy Women

IrenesChristianReviews
Any book written by Elizabeth George is worth reading. It can be used as a study book or just a devotional. Well worth the money! You will love it!
Katie Casey
Sep 26, 2008 Katie Casey rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: busy women!
This book really made me rethink my priorities and has helped me to put God first every day. It is a day-to-day effort, and I'm not always 100% successful, but it works wonders! Elizabeth George is a delight to read and she shares how everything we do can only be done better when our spiritual life is in order.

For a timely example, she explains that we will never be able to successfully create and keep a budget if our heart is we do not take a page from Paul's book and learn to be content:

"I kno...more
Debra
This is a really great book with a lot of awesome info and ideas. The only thing I don't like is that she seems to be a bit over the top for me. She's apparently a high energy, achieving person and I am not. I'm a low energy person. So I struggle with feeling inadequate when I read her books. I have to find that balance between the good info and what I'm capable of doing.
Natalie
I really enjoyed this book. Didn't really have a ton of Time Management ideas, but it did go into detail on how to prioritize your time, and keep you and your family focused on what you should be focusing on. I have gone back to this book many times - when struggling with one particular area in my life. Great scripture references as well.
Angela
I picked up this book because I respect the author and wanted to read what she had to say about time management. The chapters and sections were divided so you could read just certain aspects if you wanted (home, finances, social, etc). While offering good advice and insights, the book doesn't sugar-coat what needs to happen to organize your life: you need to make the decision and follow through. And it's a daily commitment you have to make. I found many helpful ideas and encouragements as I seek...more
Sue
3.5 Stars. This laid out practical advice about living out God's life for you. There were some moments that were very convicting for me such as where my priorities lie with my family. One thing that I definitely got out of it is that "something is better than nothing." So even if I begin my day off with only 5 minutes of bible reading, it's a start. If you've ever heard Elizabeth speak, you'll hear her voice as you read. The text was easy reading. Much of the information is what some call tradit...more
Rae
Sep 03, 2012 Rae rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Any busy woman who wants to get a hold of their daily schedules
Recommended to Rae by: My husband!
Shelves: christian-walk
Elizabeth George is able to help me determine priorities according to what really matters to God. It provides theological basis for planning out one's life's passions and priorities.

Some feedback complain about the book not having enough to-do's nor specifics on setting up a system. Although it doesn't quite give time management techniques, I believe the well-articulated Biblical principles are priceless foundations for me to assess my goals and plans so that they are in line with a life that tr...more
Marsha
I found this book during a particularly challenging point in my life and it was a blessing through and through. I found it not only helped direct my chaotic life, it also helped to put me at ease with the knowledge that I wasn't the only woman struggling with these issues.
Neha
This book is an amazing resource for women who are passionate about living and doing God's will for their lives.Elizabeth shares about why it's important to center our lives around God and gives practical ways of doing it.I was really encouraged after reading this book.
Amber
Great book to use as a tool to manage one's priorities as a Christian woman. Wonderful Biblical advice inside that can be applied to life at the exact moment you read it.
Elizabeth
Great tips and areas to focus on to be the Woman God has designed me to be. As always Elizabeth George is a great encourager in this book.
Amy
Another great Elizabeth George book - this one being more on time management, balancing spiritual things w/daily tasks, etc.
Su
Awsome book, everybody should have one. Its a very helpful tool for anyone who works and has children to boot.
Sandra Hersey
Great information in this book. Read my full review coming soon at http://www.christianbookreviewsblog.com

Mary
brilliant....just a lovely, practical, Christ centred book....I love this woman of God! Highly recommended
Marsha
Jun 23, 2008 Marsha added it
Recommended to Marsha by: Northside Baptist Church - Women's Conference
Provides excellent checklists for managing different areas of life according to God's plan
Moraima Monasterio
exelente libro esta autora no creo tenga libro sin importancia gloria a Dios por ella
Lisa Alexa
Awesome! This is my favorite. She really helps with practical advice for busy women.
Michelle
Great practical applications. Number one takeaway: family is a ministry.
La Tonya
pointed out some things in life I needed to change for the better!
Mandy
loved it - had great practical applications
Cheri
awesome awesome book !!!
Becky
helpful and motivating
Kathryn Bashaar
This book was worth reading just for the first piece of advice: read your Bible every morning, before you do anything else. So obvious I can't figure out why I haven't already been doing it my whole adult live. The rest of the book was too traditional to have much relevance for me. It assumed that all women have husbands who are the main wage earner, and that husbands never want to or should be expected to contribute to making the home pleasant. It really ignored women who take our careers serio...more
Angie Jones
The title caught my eye on the grocery store rack and I bought it as an impulse purchase. Elizabeth George so beautifully writes to the heart, mind and soul of a woman about a topic that is all too often geared towards men and specifically businessmen. I got much more out of this book on life management than from other authors whose titles are more well know and widely read. Highly recommend!
Rose
absolutely surprised. this is a beginners book, Mrs. George touched on a WIDE area of topics that encapsulate our lives as women (people in general). She's loving and has GOOD points, but this is for someone who is a new Christian or just starting out in life, marriage or motherhood (maybe). I'm still a new mom (my oldest is 5) and I was needing this book about 5 or 6 years ago. I thought it'd be more specific on managing time, resources, stress (more of a next step after the beginners class :)....more
Mystie Winckler
Own. Worth the $2 I paid for it, but I wouldn't pay more.

This get-things-together book is a good encouragement/reminder book for when you feel a little flat and maybe need some help thinking rightly again, but it's not a book I would use for setting up a system.

Still, I do find it both amusing and encouraging that pretty much everyone does say to do the same things, they all just do it with their own story and voice and perspective.
Rosanna Gonzales
So Great this book gives so much practical advice and she relates very well to how busy our world is and women are today we wear a lot of hats and God knows time management is very crucial as our relationship with him and everyone in our lives !! Loved it !!
Rachel Lewis
The book left me feeling despondent, inadequate and overwhelmed. I think maybe it's a culture thing. Definitely written for the American market and as British person reading it, I felt like I was wading through the sickliest, most cloying syrup. I appreciate what Elizabeth George is trying to do here, but I personally found it legalistic and burdensome.
Susie
Aug 02, 2011 Susie added it
I was so excited about reading another Elizabeth George book, but this wasn't my favorite one. It had a lot of good insights, but maybe the timing just wasn't right for me on this one. I'll have another look at it in the future.
  • How to Succeed at Being Yourself: Finding the Confidence to Fulfill Your Destiny
  • Feminine Appeal
  • Radical Womanhood: Feminine Faith in a Feminist World
  • Created to be His Help Meet
  • Sacred Parenting: How Raising Children Shapes Our Souls
  • Having a Mary Spirit: Allowing God to Change Us from the Inside Out
  • Breaking Free Member Book
  • Idols of the Heart, Learning to Long for God Alone
  • The Bible in 90 Days: Cover to Cover in 12 Pages a Day (New International Version)
  • The Heart of Anger: Practical Help for Prevention and Cure of Anger in Children
  • A Place of Quiet Rest: Finding Intimacy With God Through a Daily Devotional Life
  • Unfriend Yourself
  • Beautiful Girlhood
  • The Excellent Wife: A Biblical Perspective
  • Don't Make Me Count to Three
  • Discipline
  • Wild Things: The Art of Nurturing Boys
Elizabeth George is bestselling author and national speaker dedicated to helping people live a life after God’s own heart. For over 30 years, the teachings and steadfast example of Elizabeth has helped countless men and women:

- Simplify life by focusing on God’s priorities.
- Appreciate God’s Word and apply it to everyday situations.
- Respond to circumstances with confidence by seeing yourself thro...more
More about Elizabeth George...
A Woman After God's Own Heart Loving God with All Your Mind Beautiful in God's Eyes A Young Woman After God's Own Heart A Wife After God's Own Heart

“Everything that God wants to say to you is recorded in your Bible…straight from His heart to yours.” 1 likes
“In the Bible we find everything we need to guide and energize our lives, to keep us on track so that we live out God’s plan.” 0 likes