Start by marking “Loving God with All Your Mind” as Want to Read:
Loving God with All Your Mind

Loving God with All Your Mind

4.44 of 5 stars 4.44  ·  rating details  ·  864 ratings  ·  58 reviews
Elizabeth George's "Loving God with All Your Mind" (more than 200,000 copies sold) has been revised and expanded. Elizabeth lets women know that loving the Lord involves action! Focusing on six main scripture passages, she helps readers understand what it means to truly--let your mind think on what is true about God and about lifegrasp and move toward God's purpose for lif ...more
Published January 1st 2005 by Harvest House Publishers (first published February 1st 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Loving God with All Your Mind, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Loving God with All Your Mind

Captivating by John EldredgeUnconditional by Tanya EavensonGet Out of That Pit! by Beth MooreThe Hiding Place by Corrie ten BoomBoundaries by Henry Cloud
Best Christian Women's Books
58th out of 242 books — 238 voters
Mere Christianity by C.S. LewisThe Screwtape Letters by C.S. LewisThe Reason for God by Timothy KellerThe Great Divorce by C.S. LewisConfessions by Augustine of Hippo
The Christian Intellect
210th out of 514 books — 492 voters

More lists with this book...

Jessica
This book was such a blessing to read. I picked it up because a friend had sent it to me. At first, it seemed to speak to me through the struggles I had been facing on a mental level, through my thoughts. But as I read more and more of the book, it not only worked to refocus my thoughts, but my heart as well.

I think, no matter what issues you struggle with, whether it is circumstances in your life, thoughts, heartache, discipline in your bible reading, etc, this book would help with that. Not be
Ariel
I was asked to set aside some of my other planned books to read this right away. I have been struggling a lot lately with trusting God throughout all the issues in my life, but this book was a refreshing reminder of how much He cares for me. Each chapter is targeted to a specific issue as to why a person has trouble fully trusting God. The first chapter was on over-thinking and reading into people's words, which I tend to do a lot. This immediately let me know that this book was perfect for me. ...more
Lynnea
There is a lot in this book. So good! Great reminders of how to keep God your focus, etc. It is definitely one I should read again!
Mandy J. Hoffman
Fear, worry, anxiety, and depression are just a few of the emotions that are covered in this book. If you struggle with negative emotions in an shape or size that this is a must-read for you.

I really enjoy Elizabeth's tender, yet honest, approach to dealing with emotions and how to combat them by loving God with our minds and the practical application of doing so. She writes as if she were your friend and she writes from personal experience which makes this book all the more meaningful.

The book
Rachel
Loved this book! This was my first book to read by this author, suggested by a friend, and this one was just what I needed at this point in my life.

Mrs. George's writing style is simple, and the chapters are short enough that you can read an entire chapter easily for your devotional time. She shares a thought to take away with you and ponder on with each new chapter.

My two biggest lessons I gleaned from reading this book was to "think on what is true" - not to worry or fret or think on the thin
Lisa
This is an AWESOME read! Elizabeth George takes six lifechanging verses from the bible and offers excellent insight to better understand their meaning, as well as, how we can begin to apply them in our everyday lives. I've read this book 3 times in the past 10 or so years, and each time the Lord has used it to strengthen my relationship with Him. If you want to dig deeper, I recommend that you purchase the growth and study guide that goes along with this book.

Recently, I led a women's bible stu
Marti Woods
This book truly blessed me. At first, I did not think much in the book applied to me but I love Elizabeth George and decided to read it anyways. Maybe it would help me to help others. LOL Boy was I wrong, it truly helped me to live in each day, not tomorrow or in the future, and is a work in process. The lessons in this book are incredible and I do suggest the study guide. Through this guide, Elizabeth guided me through a spiritual growth that was life changing.
Elaine Mazzo
I first read this book at our Titus 2 Tuesday group for ladies at church. It really was a life changer! Elizabeth reminded me that how I think really does affect how I act. One of the most important things I learned was to think true thoughts (see Philippians 4:8). This book truly has helped to renew my mind. I've gone back and looked it over a few times since reading it.
Shana
Oct 14, 2007 Shana rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: all Christians
Great book that focuses on Phillipians 4:8: "Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."

It invites the reader to think on God's Truth about ourselves rather than what the world says or what we feel.
Heidi
This is a book to remind you to really trust god in all things,think on what is true and real,live one day at a time,navigate the maze of life.The part that stood out to me the most was how important it is to memorize bible verses. You need them to be in your head for when satan tries to attack, you can use them for your armor to fight back.
Cassiejoan
such a good, practical guide for those that want to take every thought captive. i love her emphasis on memorizing and reflecting on Scripture. though definitely dated and written for women, this was a very thought-provoking book. i would recommend it to any Christian that deals with anxiety and / or depression.
Anita
Jan 13, 2008 Anita rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone
A helpful tool for refocusing my own thoughts back on the truth about God. I found some of what George said helpful for talking to women struggling with depression or other harmful thought patterns. It focuses on Philippians 4:8 and other passages that help our mind think the Truth.
Shiffra
I read this book with my women's group and we all really liked it. The biggest lesson learned is how to train your brain to think on things that are true and realizing how much of our thought life is spent thinking about things that aren't true.
Rhonda
Elizabeth George is one of my favorites. She uses personal experience to make her point, giving her writing the feel of a friendly conversation. This is a book you can read any time you get off track to put yourself back in the correct prospective.
Rachel
An easier read, broken into fairly short and manageable chapters. Would work as a devotional because of that, I think. It was good to be reminded to use God's word as the basis for thoughts, especially in relations with other people.
Sarah Palmer
This is a great book! It will help you grow closer to God and really learn to love Him with all your mind. By focusing on specific scriptures Elizabeth George highlights what it means to love God with all your heart, soul, and strength.
Maam
Aug 12, 2013 Maam rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: faith
This is the second time I've read this book. It is life changing for me in getting me to think about things scripturally. It is a very encouraging and practical book, good balance of biblical truths with practical application.
Kevalmiller
Nov 17, 2007 Kevalmiller rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Christian women
Shelves: biblical-truth
A reminder that what we think on must be truth, it is commanded in Philippians 4:8. Very practical truth that has transformed my thought process and several other women who have been reading this book with me.
Biz
I just finished this devotion and LOVED it. I would encourage anyone to do this study. It is very encouraging and brings you back to what is important and what God wants of us as women.
Jill
I think this book would've had a bigger impact on me about ten years ago. It was good, and the verses she focuses on are great for meditating, but this also wasn't challenging for me.
IrenesBookReviews
Any book written by Elizabeth George is worth buying and reading. You will love it! She writes in a loving and informative manner. It is a definite read for all women!
Val
Aug 07, 2008 Val is currently reading it
Our pastor's wife started going through this book with me. One I've had on my shelf for a long time and have read the fist few chapters. It's good and applicable!
Ashley
Gets a bit repetitive, and she tends to point to herself as an example, but the principles and advice in this book are wonderful. It has definitely changed my outlook.
Tara
Really good - especially if you struggle with any kind of tough thoughts. It is so valuable to train your mind to think in the way it was created to think.
Laurie
This book made a huge impact on my life! I highly recommend it if you want to know how to turn your thought-life around and line it up with the Word of God!
Arabesque
An excellent excellent book that had everything I needed to hear. It really has transformed the way I think about things! I highly recommend it to any women!
Darhonda
I truly believe this can be a life-changing book. I love everything Elizabeth George writes, but this is exceptional! I highly recommend it!
Beth
I loved this book! The writer gets to the heart of so many of our problems by confronting issues of the mind.
Kate Smith
Apart from it's American leaning it was very helpful and thought provoking, 'Think on what is real'!
Hannah
The very first chapter had huge, unexpected influence on my life. The rest of it is good too. :)
  • Idols of the Heart: Learning to Long for God Alone
  • Disciplines of a Godly Woman
  • Becoming a Titus 2 Woman: A Bible Study with Martha Peace
  • Holiness: The Heart God Purifies
  • Falling in Love with Jesus: Abandoning Yourself to the Greatest Romance of Your Life
  • Becoming a Woman of Excellence
  • Lord, I Want to Know You: A Devotional Study on the Names of God
  • Changed Into His Image: God's Plan for Transforming Your Life
  • Having a Mary Spirit: Allowing God to Change Us from the Inside Out
  • Twelve Extraordinary Women: How God Shaped Women of the Bible, and What He Wants to Do with You
  • Calm My Anxious Heart
  • Praying God's Will for Your Life: A Prayerful Walk to Spiritual Well Being
  • Girls Gone Wise in a World Gone Wild
  • Knight in Shining Armor: Discovering Your Lifelong Love
  • What Happens When Women Say Yes to God: Experiencing Life in Extraordinary Ways
  • Created to be His Help Meet
  • The Attributes of God: A Journey Into the Father's Heart (The Attributes of God, Volume 1)
  • Pathway to Purpose for Women: Connecting Your To-Do List, Your Passions, and God's Purposes for Your Life
Elizabeth George is bestselling author and national speaker dedicated to helping people live a life after God’s own heart. For over 30 years, the teachings and steadfast example of Elizabeth has helped countless men and women:

- Simplify life by focusing on God’s priorities.
- Appreciate God’s Word and apply it to everyday situations.
- Respond to circumstances with confidence by seeing yourself thro
More about Elizabeth George...
A Woman After God's Own Heart Beautiful in God's Eyes A Young Woman After God's Own Heart A Wife After God's Own Heart Life Management for Busy Women: Living Out God's Plan with Passion & Purpose

“Work on what is real rather than worry about what is unreal.” 7 likes
“Like completing a run, living today begins with preparation, planning, and prayer.” 4 likes