Start by marking “Experiencing God's Peace: Philippians” as Want to Read:
Experiencing God's Peace: Philippians

Experiencing God's Peace: Philippians (Woman After God's Own Heart Bible Study Series)

4.09  ·  Rating Details  ·  57 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
Highlighting the presence of God's perfect peace, Elizabeth George helps women know God's perfect peace in every circumstance in their lives. They will discover how to respond to the needs of others; mature in Christ; and overcome anxiety. The "heart response" sections help readers grasp Paul's teachings and focus on God's loving provisions.
Published June 1st 2000 by Harvest House Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Experiencing God's Peace, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Experiencing God's Peace

Amanda Tero
Jan 04, 2016 Amanda Tero rated it it was amazing
This is the second Elizabeth George devotional book that I have worked through, and I greatly appreciated them both!

Each lesson usually takes about 10-15 minutes to read through and provides soul-searching questions based on the text. Also included are eye-opening testimonies of men and women who faithfully followed God as He led.

I personally prefer KJV, which this book does not use, but it was not an issue to simply pull out my Bible and read the texts.
Natasha
Apr 23, 2015 Natasha rated it really liked it
From the cover art and the title, I was expecting this woman's devotional to be cheesy and shallow. I was pleasantly surprised to find that it was neither. While, not the deepest Bible study I've ever done, it was deep enough to feel like you're learning something without feeling like you needed to go to seminary to do it.

I think the study did a good job with Observation questions to get the reader focused on the text and Application questions to get the reader focused on what God might be brin
Mandy J. Hoffman
Feb 03, 2010 Mandy J. Hoffman rated it it was amazing
Shelves: i-own
Elizabeth George has again compiled a wonderful Bible Study guide for the book of Philippians. Her straightforward approach has you working your way through scripture verse by verse and learning the whole way. The topic of this guide is Real Peace and Real Contentment, and yet as you study your way through the 25 lessons of this book you will pull out so many more gems for your life.

I enjoy the simple layout and flow of this study guide. It is organized in a way that both makes it easy to unders
Joy
Jan 08, 2013 Joy rated it really liked it
This was a very good study we did in Sunday school. It is the second
E. George book we have used for preparation and discussion. The lessons are short and easy to complete (about 20 minutes). There are always new ideas and talking points in the study. She encouraged us to develop a root system anchored deep in God's Word. Roots are unseen, for taking in, for storage, and for support. She regularly includes quotations (popular with me). I liked this one from Leonard Bernstein: "I can get plenty of
Amy
Jul 20, 2010 Amy rated it really liked it
I LOVE the book Philippians and this is just one of many different studies I've done on Philippians. I enjoy Elizabeth George's short studies as she packs a lot of information in a short amount of time. Definitely worth doing every one of the books in these series!
IrenesBookReviews
Nov 06, 2010 IrenesBookReviews rated it it was amazing
This is a good Bible study. She has lots of insight and you use your Bible a lot. Very helpful in finding peace in your day to day life. Would recomend it to anyone!
Elcy
Sep 06, 2008 Elcy rated it really liked it
This is a good book to read and use along side of a study of the book of Philippians. It had many practical insights for life
Jessica
Sep 03, 2008 Jessica rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: All Women and Young Women!
Shelves: non-fiction
I'm going through this as a Bible Study right now. It is excellent!!
Jodi Allison Moore
Jodi Allison Moore rated it it was ok
May 21, 2016
Brandy
Brandy marked it as to-read
May 12, 2016
Hillery
Hillery marked it as to-read
May 10, 2016
Valerie
Valerie rated it really liked it
Apr 23, 2016
Dotty
Dotty added it
Apr 02, 2016
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2016
Eliza Paul
Eliza Paul is currently reading it
Mar 14, 2016
Melinda
Melinda marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2016
Barbie
Barbie added it
Feb 17, 2016
SAP
SAP marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2016
Pamela
Pamela marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2016
Susan
Susan added it
Jan 24, 2016
Becca
Becca rated it it was amazing
Jan 11, 2016
Corey AndAllison
Corey AndAllison marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2016
Joyce Baumann
Joyce Baumann marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2016
Bethany N Wallace
Bethany N Wallace marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2015
DIONNE MASSEY
DIONNE MASSEY rated it it was amazing
Dec 26, 2015
Wendy
Wendy rated it really liked it
Dec 16, 2015
Jennifer marked it as to-read
May 12, 2016
Jimmie Simpson
Jimmie Simpson marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2015
Rosa Cline
Rosa Cline marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Elizabeth George is bestselling author and national speaker dedicated to helping people live a life after God’s own heart. For over 30 years, the teachings and steadfast example of Elizabeth has helped countless men and women:

- Simplify life by focusing on God’s priorities.
- Appreciate God’s Word and apply it to everyday situations.
- Respond to circumstances with confidence by seeing yourself thro
More about Elizabeth George...

Woman After God's Own Heart Bible Study Series (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Putting On a Gentle & Quiet Spirit: 1 Peter
  • Pursuing Godliness: 1 Timothy
  • Nurturing a Heart of Humility: The Life of Mary
  • Understanding Your Blessings in Christ: Ephesians
  • Walking in God's Promises: Character Studies: Sarah
  • Living with Passion and Purpose: Luke (Woman After God's Own Heart)