Start by marking “Experiencing God's Peace: Philippians” as Want to Read:
Experiencing God's Peace: Philippians
Preview

Experiencing God's Peace: Philippians (Woman After God's Own Heart Bible Study Series)

3.98 of 5 stars 3.98  ·  rating details  ·  47 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Highlighting the presence of God's perfect peace, Elizabeth George helps women know God's perfect peace in every circumstance in their lives. They will discover how to respond to the needs of others; mature in Christ; and overcome anxiety. The "heart response" sections help readers grasp Paul's teachings and focus on God's loving provisions.
Published June 1st 2000 by Harvest House Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Experiencing God's Peace, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Experiencing God's Peace

Natasha
From the cover art and the title, I was expecting this woman's devotional to be cheesy and shallow. I was pleasantly surprised to find that it was neither. While, not the deepest Bible study I've ever done, it was deep enough to feel like you're learning something without feeling like you needed to go to seminary to do it.

I think the study did a good job with Observation questions to get the reader focused on the text and Application questions to get the reader focused on what God might be brin
Mandy J. Hoffman
Elizabeth George has again compiled a wonderful Bible Study guide for the book of Philippians. Her straightforward approach has you working your way through scripture verse by verse and learning the whole way. The topic of this guide is Real Peace and Real Contentment, and yet as you study your way through the 25 lessons of this book you will pull out so many more gems for your life.

I enjoy the simple layout and flow of this study guide. It is organized in a way that both makes it easy to unders
Joy
This was a very good study we did in Sunday school. It is the second
E. George book we have used for preparation and discussion. The lessons are short and easy to complete (about 20 minutes). There are always new ideas and talking points in the study. She encouraged us to develop a root system anchored deep in God's Word. Roots are unseen, for taking in, for storage, and for support. She regularly includes quotations (popular with me). I liked this one from Leonard Bernstein: "I can get plenty of
Amy
I LOVE the book Philippians and this is just one of many different studies I've done on Philippians. I enjoy Elizabeth George's short studies as she packs a lot of information in a short amount of time. Definitely worth doing every one of the books in these series!
IrenesBookReviews
This is a good Bible study. She has lots of insight and you use your Bible a lot. Very helpful in finding peace in your day to day life. Would recomend it to anyone!
Elcy
This is a good book to read and use along side of a study of the book of Philippians. It had many practical insights for life
Jessica
Sep 03, 2008 Jessica rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: All Women and Young Women!
Shelves: non-fiction
I'm going through this as a Bible Study right now. It is excellent!!
Adrienne Davis
Adrienne Davis marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2015
Christine Marks
Christine Marks marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2015
Amélie La
Amélie La marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2015
Eva North
Eva North marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2015
jodie Elaine reagan
jodie Elaine reagan marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2015
Joy Lefave
Joy Lefave marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2015
Emily
Emily added it
Mar 07, 2015
Irene Nartey
Irene Nartey marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2015
Nicole
Nicole marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2015
Lynn
Lynn marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2015
Shari
Shari marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2015
Kristina Newton
Kristina Newton marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2014
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2014
Patricia
Patricia marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2014
Heather Scott
Heather Scott marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2014
cat news
cat news marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2014
Janine
Janine marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Elizabeth George is bestselling author and national speaker dedicated to helping people live a life after God’s own heart. For over 30 years, the teachings and steadfast example of Elizabeth has helped countless men and women:

- Simplify life by focusing on God’s priorities.
- Appreciate God’s Word and apply it to everyday situations.
- Respond to circumstances with confidence by seeing yourself thro
More about Elizabeth George...

Woman After God's Own Heart Bible Study Series (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Putting on a Gentle and Quiet Spirit: 1 Peter
  • Nurturing a Heart of Humility: The Life of Mary
  • Understanding Your Blessings in Christ: Ephesians
  • Walking in God's Promises: Character Studies: Sarah
  • Living with Passion & Purpose
A Woman After God's Own Heart Loving God with All Your Mind Beautiful in God's Eyes A Young Woman After God's Own Heart A Wife After God's Own Heart