Start by marking “Beautiful in God's Eyes: The Treasures of the Proverbs 31 Woman” as Want to Read:
Beautiful in God's Eyes: The Treasures of the Proverbs 31 Woman

Beautiful in God's Eyes: The Treasures of the Proverbs 31 Woman

4.37  ·  Rating Details  ·  691 Ratings  ·  38 Reviews
Beautiful in God's Eyes (more than 200,000 sold) has a brand-new cover and fresh inside look! Guiding women through Proverbs 31, beloved Bible teacher Elizabeth George shows how God defines beauty and reveals how His "plan for success" is totally achievable.

Insightful and practical, this book reveals how women can make each day meaningful and delight in what God accomplish
Published March 1st 2005 by Harvest House Publishers (first published 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Beautiful in God's Eyes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beautiful in God's Eyes

IrenesBookReviews
Oct 11, 2010 IrenesBookReviews rated it it was amazing
This book is a must read for all woman! Author Elizabeth George has written an enlightening interpretation of the Proverbs 31 woman. Reading this book will encourage you in your every day life as a Christian woman.

Beginning with verse 10 of Proverbs 31 the author takes each verse and applies it to your life today. Some of the chapter titles include, A Spring of Goodness--Her Mission, An Eager Attitude—Her Work, and The Law of Kindness—Her Words. There are a total of twenty-four uplifting chapter
Olivia
Mar 04, 2016 Olivia rated it it was amazing
All you need to know about the Proverbs 31 woman. This is an extensive study of a woman who feared God and cared for her household and family. It is convicting and I have to admit I felt overwhelmed after reading this. None of these things can be accomplished unless God is foremost in our lives. Along with this book is a study guide for each chapter which I find quite helpful.
Taryn
Feb 22, 2008 Taryn rated it it was amazing
This is the next best book to A Woman After Gods Own Heart...also a great book about how a woman should conduct herself.

Again ELizabeth George shares the truth gently but firmly.
Shiffra
Jan 22, 2009 Shiffra rated it really liked it
This was a good book to dig in deeper to the Proverbs 31 woman. I did my own study in addition to this book and between the two, it was amazing!
Bree
Sep 18, 2010 Bree rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Bree by: breeze80@gmail.com
This book is totally amazing. A couple friends and I read this through the summer and met weekly {for the most part} to discuss the book and life.

Mrs. George is sugary sweet in her writing and at some point I think I may have called her a Robot. But her writing is amazing. It's like she's writing you a letter and you are her closest friend. She totally lets her difficulties to attain the "Proverbs 31 Woman" status show. She hits it straight on many points about why you'll struggle and encourage
Shannon Cooper
This was a very helpful book in growing in Biblical Womanhood. I like how Elizabeth George went through each verse in Proverbs 31:10-31 expanding on each verse and giving practical ways to live out each verse. It was a challenging book because when I looked in depth at the proverbs 31 woman I saw how excellent her character was and realize how far I fall short of that. However, I am excited to grow in godly character as a woman and I plan to refer back to "Beautiful in God's Eyes" many times to ...more
Melany
May 11, 2011 Melany rated it liked it
This book is definitely written more towards married women, but as a single gal there was a lot that I was able to glean from it. There were points that did not settle well with me, but I always try to go into a book like this balancing who I am and my personality with becoming more of what God wants for me. So there was quite a bit that I did not necessarily take to heart and that's ok. A book does not define me - God does. I really do want to be able to live like the Proverbs 31 woman and cont ...more
Sandy Ryan
Mar 13, 2014 Sandy Ryan rated it it was amazing
I loved this book because it helped me put my current life into perspective with what a present day Proverbs 31 woman would look like. It gave me permission to do more than I thought I could do.
Chelsea DeVries
Jun 10, 2015 Chelsea DeVries rated it it was amazing
I loved this book because it broke down Proverbs 31 verse by verse to show you what makes a woman of God so beautiful. As all of us, I'm a work in progress but now I want to study this section the Bible in further detail and also have a new idea for a blog.
Juliana Carneiro
Ensina como uma mulher, que teme a Deus, pode se comportar.
Saroum
Feb 24, 2009 Saroum rated it really liked it
Every woman, married or not, should read this. Some of the concepts seem a bit dated but if we look at the bigger picture, we will see how wonderful God has created us and what His plans are for us. Great book for the feminist perspective as it gives us a different take on how submission to our husbands is not negative. You will argue with some of the author's explanations but overall I felt a deeper understanding of my role in my marriage, and God knows I was struggling with that. LOOK AT THE B ...more
Linda Nagy
Mar 18, 2016 Linda Nagy rated it it was amazing
Great book! Very convicting! I fall very short of the proverbs 31 woman but I am striving to be more like her.
Kristina
I give this book 3 out of 5 stars. I read this within acouple of days since it was a quick easy devotional read. The reason why I give it 3 out of 5 stars is because I liked it but I couldn't really relate to the stuff when she mentioned having a husband or a family of your own, it was a good devotional on the woman in Proverbs 31. I recommend this to any woman out there who is a Christian, married, or engaged.
Kia Wakefield
Mar 05, 2013 Kia Wakefield rated it liked it
The proverbs 31 wife is within reach and this books explains how to get there. It doesn’t delve into the theological aspects of this woman, however, it’s still worth taking a look. Certain chapters encourage women to become better mothers and wives by giving simple instructions on becoming more godly and refined.
Shine
May 27, 2008 Shine rated it it was amazing
Every woman with a heart for serving God, family and friends should read this book.

Whether married, single, wife, mother, business professional or homemaker...this book really elucidates the blueprints set for us as women of God in Proverbs chapter 31.
Allison
Jan 09, 2008 Allison rated it it was amazing
Shelves:
Well, I'm in the process of reading this book. I think it's going to be very good though. The Proverbs 31 woman can almost seem so hard to achieve. But, taken step by step, and a lot of grace from God, it can be done! Anyway, I'm not finished yet!
Chelsie
Jan 16, 2012 Chelsie rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I have read by Elizabeth George and I loved it so much I immediately ordered her devotional book upon completing it! She truly breathed life into Proverbs 31 for me, and I will never look at that passage the same way again.
Lindsay
Such a great book! Made me see the Proverbs 31 woman in a whole different light and see how practically each day I could act out what a woman after God's heart does in her faithfulness, diligence and love!
Jenise
Aug 21, 2012 Jenise added it
This is a spiritually uplifting read. Just when you think you are just worn to the bone, find the women in the Bible that have walked the same path and what they did to get by.
Noeli
Sep 13, 2009 Noeli added it
I really like and recommend this book as well, especially to single and married women. I love this book and desire to be this virtuous more and more!!
Michelle Polk
Oct 15, 2008 Michelle Polk rated it it was amazing
No harping, no munipulation, just good clean examples of that Proverbs 31 woman that we look up to. The author brings it together and makes a beautiful thing.
Danielle Provau
Jul 04, 2010 Danielle Provau rated it it was amazing
Shelves: love-inspired
helped become a better wife. I need to go back to it every now and then I get off track but it really helped my marriage and family in general
Rebekah_moreradiance.com
Jan 08, 2015 Rebekah_moreradiance.com rated it it was amazing
Shelves: spiritual
This book is amazing! Elizabeth George brings the Proverbs 31 woman to life in an extremely inspiring and insightful way.
Angie
Jul 23, 2012 Angie rated it it was amazing
I've read this book several times and keep it close by for inspiration! This is definitely one of my favorites!
Christine
Jul 14, 2013 Christine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another excellent book. So encouraging and I'll keep this one handy as I'm sure it will be reread often.
Natalie
Jan 27, 2013 Natalie rated it really liked it
I'd give it a 3 1/2 if I could. Good practical suggestions, but mostly aimed at married women.
Talleyfamily6
So far, nothing really new but it was recommended so I'm slowly making my way through it.
Rebekah
Mar 07, 2009 Rebekah rated it it was amazing
The most encouraging, inspiring book I've read. Practical living for women today.
Pam Bailey
Jan 11, 2008 Pam Bailey rated it it was amazing
She is an excellent writer-after reading her books I see and feel changes within me.
Ferrer Joey Fesico
Mar 26, 2014 Ferrer Joey Fesico rated it it was amazing
God is the root of all goodness and love. I'll say treasures are treasure.
  • Becoming a Woman of Excellence
  • The Fruit of Her Hands: Respect and the Christian Woman
  • What Happens When Women Say Yes to God: Experiencing Life in Extraordinary Ways
  • Everyday Talk: Talking Freely and Naturally about God with Your Children
  • Passionate Housewives Desperate for God: Fresh Vision for the Hopeful Homemaker
  • And the Bride Wore White: Seven Secrets to Sexual Purity
  • Every Woman's Marriage: Igniting the Joy and Passion You Both Desire
  • A Theology of Christian Counseling: More Than Redemption
  • Disciplines of the Beautiful Woman
  • The Word, the Name, the Blood
Elizabeth George is bestselling author and national speaker dedicated to helping people live a life after God’s own heart. For over 30 years, the teachings and steadfast example of Elizabeth has helped countless men and women:

- Simplify life by focusing on God’s priorities.
- Appreciate God’s Word and apply it to everyday situations.
- Respond to circumstances with confidence by seeing yourself thro
More about Elizabeth George...

“Just as mental toughness and physical energy are the primary traits of an army, they also mark God's beautiful woman.” 4 likes
“The speech of God’s beautiful woman is a fountain of life to those around her.” 3 likes