Start by marking “When It Hits You” as Want to Read:
When It Hits You

When It Hits You (The It Series #1)

Electronic. That’s how my love life was supposed to stay. Just me and my B.O.B.s (battery-operated boyfriends, if you don’t know). I didn’t expect to get partnered at work with the Adonis in Ralph Lauren. And I certainly never thought he’d turn out to be anything but an arrogant jerk.

Lyssa Bates doesn’t need a man. The twenty-six-year-old financial analyst is more than ful
Expected publication: January 25th 2017 by Kindle Direct (first published April 21st 2015)

To ask other readers questions about When It Hits You, please sign up.

Nicki Elson Hi Tahyun. This book will be re-released in January 2017. It was initially published as Vibrizzio in 2015, but since then I've reacquired the rights…moreHi Tahyun. This book will be re-released in January 2017. It was initially published as Vibrizzio in 2015, but since then I've reacquired the rights and am making a few minor revisions so it'll be better than ever. Its new title is When It Hits You. I'm happy to know you've been looking for it.

If you're not already on my e-mail list, you can sign up here to be notified when the book is out: http://eepurl.com/40dbv (I'll reveal the new cover in the December newsletter!)(less)

Jennifer Lane

Funny, Heartwarming Romance

Nicki Elson has a talent for writing humorous, engaging characters, and Lyssa Bates is my favorite so far. Lyssa’s an investment analyst in her twenties who dates a cute, skinny nerd named Keith.

He was a runner and also dabbled in martial arts and whatever else was the current rage in nerd culture.

Keith buys her a vibrator to spice up their sex life, and Lyssa likes her new toy. A lot. Lyssa likes her vibrator so much that she nicknames it Vibrizzio, her sexy Italian
Rhea Dsouza
May 13, 2015 Rhea Dsouza rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
“Vibrizzio? You named it! Okay, this isn’t even close to healthy.”

Lyssa Bates doesn’t need men in her life and she’s perfectly happy choosing her BOB—Vibrizzio—over the loser men of the world. Except maybe sometimes, when she thinks about Hayden King—the hottie whom she’spartnered with. And even though he gives her these really intense looks, she doubts a man like him would ever be interested in her.
May 02, 2015 Jennifer rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
SO GOOD!

Vibrizzio is exactly what I want from a romance book. Nicki Elson does a great job combining romance and humor without the cheese. I especially love the shoutout to Indiana. Also nice to have the story take place in Chicago instead of the go-to NYC. Fun and fast-paced. Perfect book for vacation!
Mitsy
Sep 06, 2016 Mitsy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, humor
Thank you Jennifer Lane for suggesting this funny story! I love it!
Winter Sophia Rose
Laugh Out Loud, Heartwarming, Sexy & Witty!!! I Loved It!!!
Sultan * Baby Mama Smut-a-teer*
I really enjoyed this book. It was the first book by nicki elson I've read and it was exactly what I needed after reading some heavy topic books. Virbrizzio was light hearted, funny, and very sexy. I was lost in the story from the first chapter on.

This is the story of a beautiful successful young women named Lyssa, and her trials and tribulations in the world of relationships. After a break up with her recent boyfriend who gives her an ultimatum she can't believe, she decides she is done with m
ConnieK
May 02, 2015 ConnieK rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love love love Nikki Elson's books, including this latest one. Funny, sexy, fast-paced. Once I started, I could not put it down. Will they or won't they? Will plastic win out over a hot-blooded man? Hmmmm. All of the Chicago references brought me immediately back to my home town. I know the owner of one of the bar/restaurants (Lizzie McNeills) referenced in the book and will suggest here that the author have a book signing there! I'll line up the celebration!
Feather Stone
Oct 23, 2016 Feather Stone rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: all adult readers, romance genre
Novels written by Nicki Elson are a guaranteed great read. She has an incredible gift of story telling. I love how Nicki seduces a reader into the story right from page one. You're drawn immediately into the characters' dilemma. Within a few paragraphs, you feel a connection with each character. Nicki has the writing talent of saying so much with minimal words.

Vibrizzio is a story focused on two main characters struggling with a history of bad dates, hurtful relationships. Lyssa has virtually gi
Janie Goltz
Oh, me-oh-my-oh! Nicki Elson has gone and done it again. Her new book is the romantically sexy "Vibrizzio." Lascivious Lyssa loves and lusts after her lovely lover, Vibrizzio, which just happens to be the name of her vibrator.

From the book:

“Having a good time?” Keith asked, stepping through the bathroom doorway and buttoning his jeans
around his lean waist. “Y’might want to turn that off now.”
“Huh?” Confused as to how he’d managed to bring her to climax from way over there, Lyssa only now
noticed
Jo
May 15, 2015 Jo rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read the blurb. I was intrigued about the story. But I thought I knew what to expect. Girl meets B.O.B. (battery operated boyfriend), Crudeness ensures. Right? Wrong.

Yes. Lyssa meets B.O.B. That much is true. But this story is so much more than a girl and a sex toy. I thought that this one was a real joy to read Moments which were genuinely funny, countered against others which were just touchingly written.

Despite the fun element of this story, I felt that there was a subtle thread of melanch
Rumer Haven
May 02, 2015 Rumer Haven rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Yet another smart and witty love story from Nicki Elson. SO fun yet with such heart, which continually endears her characters to me. Gotta love a novel set in Chicago (yes, I'm biased), and I admire its heroine for just taking matters into her own hands (literally) but still getting to learn the lovely yet perhaps little-known truth that once you stop looking for love is usually when you find it. :)
Cherie Colyer
Jun 10, 2015 Cherie Colyer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another fun and witty romance by Nicki Elson. Lyssa is a wonderful character with realistic problems. She's easy to relate to because she doesn't take herself too seriously. She's fun and extremely likable. Vibrizzio had just the right amount of romance, sex, and humor to keep me devouring the pages. I'm looking forward to the rest of the books in this series.
Nancee Cain
Jun 02, 2015 Nancee Cain rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Two likeable characters, (three if you count the B.O.B.,aka Vibrizzio), lots of humor and plenty of hot sex makes this the perfect summer read! I loved some of the subtle humor as well as the outright laugh out loud moments. Well written and fast paced, just the way I like my summer romance reads. I can't wait to read more by Nicki.
Alicia
May 18, 2015 Alicia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this. I liked the realness—it’s pretty much the whole girl-gets-player-to-settle-down-with-her trope (as Lyssa even admits) but it just felt more real, mostly due to Hayden. Although certain aspects could be downright silly (Lyssa’s obsession with Double A), the realism of her relationship with Hayden really kept my interest.

It’s just a good read. It really is. I finished it very quickly (one day). Lyssa’s great (if obsessed), Hayden’s good (a good person, good for Lyssa, etc.), a
Amy Loftus
May 02, 2015 Amy Loftus rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you want laugh out loud banter between two characters in a book then this is the one to read.

This book is a cute, romance that doesn't conform with a lot of other romance books out there.

Lyssa thinks herself as a mediocre looking girl, she has the confidence but doesn't put herself out there. She is a settler. She has settled in her relationship with her skinny boyfriend Keith and unfortunately for Keith his lacklustre performance in the bedroom is making Lyssa prefer her fantasies with Vibr
* A review copy was provided by the author for the Blog Tour *

DNF .... Will post my final thoughts on the book after the Blog Tour.

Final Thoughts : This book just wasn't for me. There really wasn't anything major wrong with it, I just wasn't connecting with the storyline or the characters. This book just didn't hold my attention like I wanted it too.

I won't be leaving a star rating because I don't find that fair to the book and author since I was unable to finish the book. Just because this
April
May 02, 2015 April rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This one had me laughing out loud. It was a heart warming romance.
Lyssa Bates is a character, love her witty banter with everyone. Her relationship with Keith need a spice, so he got her Vibrizzio. She became blessed with it. Keith asked her to pick him or her vibrator. She pick her Vibrizzo, realizing that if he was insecure off a piece of plastic, the relationship wouldn't work.
At work, in comes Hayden. A womanizer and flirt. After being teamed up for Project Pineapple, they start an amazing
DJ Sakata
Favorite Quotes:

“You have a travel vibrator, so I assume you call this one your house vibrator. Store one in your dashboard for a car vibrator too? What about your desk at work? And do they each have their own name, or is it like George Foreman’s kids – Vibrizzio one, Vibrizzio two…”
“He’s so outta my league, we’re not even playing the same sport… He’s professional soccer in Europe and I’m intramural badminton in the States.”

My Review:

Vibrizzio is a fun yet insightful story that frequently had me
Jennifer Erwin
Apr 24, 2015 Jennifer Erwin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
**I received a copy of this for an honest review.**

Ok, this was a totally cute, chick lit read. I wasn't sure how I would feel about reading about a girl addicted to her vibrator, but I enjoyed reading this. There's humor, romantic tension, good strong characters, and I really liked how the author brought it all together wrapped in a nice pretty package. The ending was spot on. Great beach read or if you're traveling and need something to escape into.
Marla Mei
Oh my God, I love this! What makes it so much more fulfilling is that I had no expectations before plunging in. I'm glad I finally learned my lesson. Makes the whole experience more satisfying.
Rachel
May 02, 2015 Rachel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love, love, love this book!
Nicole
May 02, 2015 Nicole rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, 2015-botb, 2015-15k
In theory, this has the potential to be a really good story, but something about the execution of it just put me off. I didn't connect with either Lyssa or Hayden. Actually, I take that back. I connected more with Hayden than Lyssa. At some point in the story, Hayden explains why he prefers to date multiple women, considering the example he witnessed firsthand with his parents' marriage. But we never find out exactly why Lyssa seems to have trouble connecting with a man enough to be able to let ...more
Robin B
May 31, 2015 Robin B rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: jenny, business-ceo, meh
3 stars

I'm sticking right in the middle with this one. I found it good, but not great. I personally found there to be way too many mundane details. I appreciate romance stories revolving around business folks. I understand we need a little detail to make this fictional business world believable. But what I don't need are pages and pages of detailed scenes regarding said business. I feel most of those scenes or descriptions could have been cut out entirely without affecting the integrity of the b
Cassandra Lawson
May 02, 2015 Cassandra Lawson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As one might guess from the title of this book, Lyssa’s love of her battery powered friend plays a big role in this story. Most of the scenes involving her friend, Vibrizzio, were really funny, especially the ones where she wasn’t alone. For the most part, I really liked Lyssa’s character. There were a few times when I felt she wallowed in self-pity a bit too much.

Hayden was hard for me to connect to, and I think I really needed more of him in this story. He had potential to be great book boyfri
The Suburban Eclectic
Between conferences, meetings and charming clients, Lyssa and Hayden razzing and ribbing turns their rapport on its head. What starts out as acrimonious soon gives way to mutual respect, like and… well, they’re not really sure (even if we are). But never discount the power of the hot tub caucus. Time travel aside, it can certainly turn a budding friendship into something more.

Hayden and Lyssa are delightful and engaging and I loved them together. The secondary characters are somewhat vacillatory
Diary of a Book Addict
This was the first book by this author that I have read.

The concept of the book; A woman giving up men in preference of her vibrator is a good one and the storyline overall is a good one but unfortunately, the characters just didn't do it for me.

I like to feel a spark with the hero but Hayden I just found very average... there wasn't anything that screamed 'hot' or 'sexy' at me.

Lyssa was an okay character but I didn't feel a connection with her.

The banter between the two characters was funny and
Amy  Crull
May 13, 2015 Amy Crull rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was interesting…Lyssa, after a bunch of bad relationships including the one she ends, left her unsatisfied and needing B.O.B. She decides to name it. She is also taking a break from dating to focus on her career. She gets paired up with Hayden, who is bit of a player. She notices his hotness but sticks to her guns about him. They begin traveling together for the business. During these trips, they begin to get close like best friends but soon Lyssa starts fantasizing about Hayden. She ...more
Isabella
DNF @ 12%

I thought the book had so much potential but I was 12% in, and I was skipping through pages because all I could see was business talk and crap about the protagonists' profession I didn't have a clue about.

Katha
Katha rated it really liked it
Jul 09, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »
  • Fix You (Fix You, #1)
  • Molly Hacker Is Too Picky!
  • So, You Think You're A Celebrity...Chef?
  • Nerd Girl (Modern Girls #1)
  • 2 Days 'Til Sundae (2 'Til, #1)
  • Hard Hats and Doormats
  • Saving Evangeline
  • Aced (Blocked #2)
  • Breaking Faith (The JackholeS, #1)
  • This Thirtysomething Life
  • Destroyed (Dark Road #1)
  • In Her Defense (Time Served #2)
  • Honey Queen
  • Back to the Drawing Board
  • Rita Hayworth's Shoes
  • Vacationista
  • Pink Pucks & Power Plays (To Love a Wildcat, #1)
  • Finding Center (District Ballet Company #2)
Nicki Elson writes spicy fiction with a sweet and dreamy center. She does other stuff, too...like obsess over Survivor and The Bachelor (and she's not ashamed to admit it).

Writing fiction wasn't something Nicki set out to do; it just sort of happened when she realized writing reports was by far her favorite part of her investment consulting position. She traded stock allocation and diversification
More about Nicki Elson...

The It Series (4 books)
  • When It Hooks You
  • When It Begain
  • When It Holds You

“In the history of risk taking, had there ever been a better reason to take a chance than genuine, heart-pounding, scary-ass love?” 5 likes
“Just because he’s a guy doesn’t mean he and I can’t be just friends.” “And just because you don’t have to insert batteries into him doesn’t mean you can’t be more.” 4 likes