Start by marking “Genesis (The Prodigal Project, #1)” as Want to Read:
Genesis (The Prodigal Project, #1)

Genesis (Prodigal Project #1)

3.07 of 5 stars 3.07  ·  rating details  ·  67 ratings  ·  15 reviews

On just another Sunday, a man joins a group of friends for a golf game. A working mother, trying to balance career and home, skips weekly services. An Internet junkie scours the Web looking for some comforting news but finds only unrest. Ordinary people who live their lives in an unsettled time, like most too overwhelmed by their own concerns to register the groundswell of

Published January 7th 2003 by Plume

To ask other readers questions about Genesis, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Genesis

I thought I would like this book. I wanted to like it. It just didn't do much for me.

This book has been frequently compared to the Left Behind series. While I usually don't think it's fair to make comparisons between unrelated series, I feel like it almost can't be helped with this book. It was like reading almost exactly the same thing. Spouses cheating on each other, journalists jockeying to get the big stories, preachers who didn't make the cut being "left behind" to cater to the "new Christi
This is the first of a series from a christian perspective of the rapture. Makes you think what if, when if, how if....

It introduced too many characters at once and seemed to skip around a lot. There didn't seem to be any major character development. If it weren't for recaps each time they went back to a character, I'd forget who they were. Characters were introduced that you could root for and who you most definitly are going to love to hate.

I guess the characters had to be introduced at some p
Kind of a new Left Behind. I'm not even sure if I thing "The Rapture" is Biblical, but this is still a great story of several people's journey through the beginning of the End Times. Good action, definitely a page turner.
The book sounded interesting. An earthquake was felt around the world although it didn't seem to do any significant damage. Millions of people are missing. Was it aliens? Was it a new weapon used against the Christians? Was it God taking his chosen people?

However, the book did nothing for me. There were too many characters introduced and I had a hard time keeping track of them. As a result it was hard to care about any of them. I will not read any other books in this series.
Michele Minor
This book is about the end times from a Christian perspective, but you have several different stories in the book even though it is not a collection of short stories. This book has more of the back stories of the seven characters than how the seven of them getting together. They come from different ends of the world and you do see the author's renedition of the earth right before the Rapture and during the Rapture.
I read this book out of sequence, having unknowingly purchased book two at an airport for travel reading. Book two is much better, but I have to say that overall I really enjoyed this entire series. It is interesting to read while drawing parallels to the events unfolding in our lives, and to see how easily we could find ourselves in a time not unlike that of the Prodigal Project.

I'd like to give it 3&1/2 stars. I mostly liked the book. There were an awful lot of characters, which got confusing for me. But I liked how the writers brought out how different people are when it comes to religion, but we can all be saved. I didn't like that it ended in a way that you must read the next book.
This was not a fun one in my eyes. It jumped around too much and there were too many characters to keep track off from the start. I didn't even finish the book and I always finish a book I start. Maybe I'm spoiled from the Left Behind series but this one just didn't cut it.
An end times novel, obviously the first in a series. This one sets up a whole bunch of characters, then has the rapture and their initial reactions. Lots left hanging at the end of the book.
Apparently there are a number of books in this series with this title. I'm not sure if this is the one I read, but I added it because Daniel Hart is the coauthor (which I recorded in my notes).

Aug 24, 2012 Nancy added it
I loved this book. It's written in the left behind fashion. I found it held my interest and didn 't want to put it down. I have ordered volumes 2,3 and 4
This is a fiction book about after the rapture. Not as good as the Left Behind series but worth reading. Now I'm on to book two---Exodus.
I found this an interesting and intriguing story, and enjoyed reading about the different people and their stories.
Michael Klassen
Awesome. It is very inspiring.
Good book
Monica marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2015
Tami marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2015
T Brown
T Brown marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2015
Victoria Mendis
Victoria Mendis marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2015
Beck marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2015
Pepper marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2015
Nancy added it
Jul 11, 2015
Jill Casada
Jill Casada marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2015
Amanda Martinelli
Amanda Martinelli marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2015
April Brown
April Brown marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Ken Abraham is a New York Times best-selling author, known around the world for his collaborations with popular celebrities and fascinating, high-profile public figures. Ken worked with Lisa Beamer, widow of United Flight 93 hero, Todd Beamer to create the number one New York Times best-seller, LET'S ROLL! (Tyndale House Publishers, August, 2002), Lisa's story of hope in the midst of crisis.

Ken re
More about Ken Abraham...

Prodigal Project (4 books)
  • Exodus (The Prodigal Project, #2)
  • Numbers (The Prodigal Project, #3)
  • Kings (The Prodigal Project, #4)
When Your Parent Becomes Your Child: A Journey of Faith Through My Mother's Dementia Armed and Dangerous Exodus (The Prodigal Project, #2) Kings (The Prodigal Project, #4) Numbers (The Prodigal Project, #3)