Start by marking “First Thousand Words in French” as Want to Read:
First Thousand Words in French

First Thousand Words in French

3.9 of 5 stars 3.90  ·  rating details  ·  50 ratings  ·  6 reviews
This book has large pictures for looking and talking, surrounded by small, labelled pictures of 1000 of the most familiar things, to build up and practice French vo cabulary. This is backed up by an alphabetical word list wit h pronunciation guides. '
Published July 1st 1983 by E.D.C. Publishing (first published January 1st 1979)

To ask other readers questions about First Thousand Words in French, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about First Thousand Words in French

Heather Larcombe
Found this on my childrens' shelf and started leafing through it. Dated, but cute, and useful words. Hopefully I'll retain some of them.
Dee

Easy to use, with cute pictures and stickers that weren't difficult to move if you got it wrong the first time. I actually liked this MUCH better than reading regular vocabulary books. This involved a little more interaction and brainpower. Plus, it was fun.
Leah
an excellent addition to a language course. when learning a language you've got to start from scratch like a child, so this is a great book to give you everyday vocabulary for the most common objects.
Kayla
I know that this book is centered for littiler kids but i am really slow at learning french and its got lots of pictures which helps me to see the words.
Sallut!
Nadine
Jul 09, 2009 Nadine added it
I bought it for our children. I like that all the pictures are actually pictures of clay.
The Children
The internet link provides pronunciation for all the words. The baby even loves it!
Geogarden
Geogarden marked it as to-read
May 17, 2015
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2015
Leightoncarr
Leightoncarr is currently reading it
Jan 05, 2015
Tracey Wheeler
Tracey Wheeler marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2015
Danielle Lea Toutant
Danielle Lea Toutant marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2014
Glorybeafarm
Glorybeafarm marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Greek Myths For Young Children Stories from Around the World The Complete Book of Farmyard Tales (Usbourne Farmyard Tales) The Usborne Book of Fairy Tales First Thousand Words in English