Start by marking “Richard Scarry's Animal Nursery Tales (Picture Book)” as Want to Read:
Richard Scarry's Animal Nursery Tales (Picture Book)

Richard Scarry's Animal Nursery Tales (Picture Book)

4.22 of 5 stars 4.22  ·  rating details  ·  78 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Little Red Riding Hood, The Three Little Pigs, Goldilocks and the Three Bears, and many other classic nursery tales are retold with Richard Scarry's beloved animal artwork. First published in 1975, this hardcover collection is perfect for reading aloud to the youngest Scarry fans!
Published September 12th 2006 by Golden Books (first published 1975)

To ask other readers questions about Richard Scarry's Animal Nursery Tales, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Richard Scarry's Animal Nursery Tales

Denis Vukosav
“Richard Scarry's Best Nursery Tales Ever” is a new edition of the children book originally published in 1975 that contains 11 entertaining stories with which children will love to go to sleep, illustrated in charming old-school style.

In this book several known children stories of European literature were collected such as Little Red Riding Hood, The Three Little Pigs, The Three Wishes, The Musicians of Bremen and others; stories characterized by an interesting story and a lesson that for childr
Asho
I loved Richard Scarry's books when I was a kid. Something about the illustrations really appealed to me. In terms of using this as a bedtime story, it's just your standard fairy tales that you can find anywhere. There are a bunch of them, so don't let your kid fool you into reading this as their one book for bedtime because you will be there for a while.

ETA (October 2014): I used to read stories from this book to my son when he was a very young baby, but he just recently discovered it for himse
Shannon
This is a collection of many stories like "The Three Little Pigs" and "Red Riding Hood and the Wolf". Moira would sit still and have me read them all in one go, if she could convince me to. I always love Richard Scarry's books, and Moira seems to love them too.
It is currently hidden in my room to give me a break from reading it.
Elizabeth S
The basic fairy tales with Richard Scarry's wonderful pictures. How perfect!
Melissa
When I was a kid, I made my dad read me this book every night!
Bridget
This is on the hardcover shelf.
Christina Browne
Christina Browne marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2014
Penguin Bookshop
Penguin Bookshop marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2014
Joseph
Joseph added it
Oct 23, 2014
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Oct 08, 2014
Conquering Dinner
Conquering Dinner marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2014
Varad Nair
Varad Nair marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
What Do People Do All Day? Cars and Trucks and Things That Go Richard Scarry's Best Storybook Ever! Richard Scarry's Please and Thank You Book Richard Scarry's Best Word Book Ever