Start by marking “Richard Scarry's Cars and Trucks from A to Z” as Want to Read:

Richard Scarry's Cars and Trucks from A to Z

Illustrated in full color. This car-and- truck-filled alphabet extravaganza that starts with an ambulance and ends with a zippercar, is shaped like Lowly Worm's applemobile.
Board Book, 22 pages
Published October 3rd 1990 by Random House Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Richard Scarry's Cars and Trucks from A to Z, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Richard Scarry's Cars and Trucks from A to Z

Lauren
May 31, 2017 Lauren rated it really liked it
Cute book for young children! This was a favorite.
Cara Byrne
Jan 26, 2015 Cara Byrne rated it really liked it
This bitty book, about the size of an actual apple, goes through the alphabet with food-themed vehicles driving it along. It's a great way to introduce lots of new vocabulary words - not just those relating to cars and trucks. It's also a great size for my eight month old to play with, as it's big enough for her to open and shut the pages and manipulate the entire book with her hands but small enough that she doesn't hurt herself as she inevitably throws it or slams it - or puts it in her mouth.
Crystal
Sep 12, 2009 Crystal added it
Shelves: juvenile
a simple fun kids' book that is great for keeping small children entertained, whether reading aloud to them the different (silly) kinds of cars, or just for them flipping through themselves. The small sturdy pages are ideal for little hands (and survive little mouths), and the pictures are bright and involving. plus, it's a book I don't mind reading aloud over and over.
jacky
Jan 11, 2012 jacky rated it liked it
Shelves: board-books, abc123
William got this for Christmas from my mother. While the size is great for him as an infant, the pictures are too small and the content above him. We have looked at it a few times together those for just the experience of looking at books together.

I like the various types of cars using the alphabet. Some are informative while others are silly. The mix of the two is well balanced.
Emerson and Theodore
Jan 07, 2014 Emerson and Theodore rated it it was amazing
First book purchased for little Theodore. Never too early. A small little book just about the size of a large apple. Filled with such silliness as P is for Pickle Car and Pencil Car. X is for xylophone car! Emerson "read" it to his baby last night.
Theresa
Jul 24, 2011 Theresa rated it liked it
Shelves: review
Scarry, Richard
a cute book for young children, for use in preschool and kindergarten to help review the alphabet, and for later years with second language learners.
Jackson
Nov 13, 2008 Jackson rated it it was amazing
It helps to LOVE cars and trucks, but this book is the perfect size for little hands to carry around and look through. Has some of the classic Richard Scarry vehicles - bananamobile, apple car, zippercar. Jackson loves the street sweeper, mail truck and garbage truck. All boy!
MM
Apr 16, 2010 MM rated it it was amazing
Simone has every word of this little book memorized but instead of "reading," she sings it. She sits in her bed and sings it to all her dollys and animals. cute.
Katharine
Richard Scarry and Lowly Worm....more good childhood memories and loves.
Ninoshkka
Feb 21, 2015 Ninoshkka rated it really liked it
im a bit behind schedule on my reading
Erin
Jan 21, 2011 Erin rated it it was amazing
Shelves: the-boys-books
First book Spencer memorized @ about 2 years old or so.
Jennifer Heise
May 22, 2015 Jennifer Heise rated it it was amazing
What more could a truck/car and Richard Scarry fan want than this? Definitely for the 3-4 age range, but with all the silly cars, will get a giggle from older kids too.
Pita-eater
Dec 23, 2013 Pita-eater rated it really liked it
Shelves: alphabet
This board book is hilarious in that it pairs basic cars, such as a tractor or fire engine, with Richard Scarry cars, such as a bananamobile, crayon car, and a bugdozer. So funny.
Amy
Apr 22, 2016 Amy rated it really liked it
Great book for on-the-go entertainment for my 2-year-old son. And doubles as a car for him to drive around on the floor.
Mileigh Rabun
This is a fun ABC book because of all the different cars and trucks that are introduced. This is a good book for individual reading.
Ben Schaffer
Nov 30, 2014 Ben Schaffer rated it really liked it
False
Jessica Wirth
Jun 19, 2012 Jessica Wirth rated it really liked it
My son really enjoys this! I've never been really partial to Scarry's illustrations, but when I rate a kids book its as much about what my kids think about it as the value I attach to it!
Jenn S
Jun 11, 2010 Jenn S rated it liked it
Shelves: toddler
Abby liked this at 18 months. Not really before that.
Diane
May 03, 2013 Diane rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens-ya, gift
This little book is well-worn. My son loves it, and he knows all the names of the cars and trucks and who's driving them.
Amy Kalvig
Apr 10, 2010 Amy Kalvig rated it it was amazing
One of my favorite parts of this book was looking for the Goldbug!!! What fun!
Alicia
Jul 10, 2009 Alicia rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids, abc
I love this cute little book. I like that there are more than one car for some of the letters. I also like that some of them are real and some of them are made up vehicles.
Michael
Michael rated it really liked it
Sep 13, 2012
Andrea Wilkinson
Andrea Wilkinson rated it really liked it
Oct 09, 2010
Melissa James
Melissa James rated it liked it
Nov 13, 2015
Eric
Eric rated it it was amazing
Nov 15, 2009
Heather
Heather rated it it was amazing
Dec 05, 2012
C.
C. rated it liked it
May 14, 2011
Craig
Craig rated it really liked it
Apr 08, 2017
Kaitlyn
Kaitlyn rated it it was amazing
Jun 06, 2015
Bala
Bala rated it liked it
Dec 08, 2013
  • The Fire Engine Book (Little Golden Book)
  • Open the Barn Door (A Chunky Book(R))
  • My Big Truck Book (My Big Board Books)
  • Hey! Wake Up! (Boynton on Board)
  • Chugga-Chugga Choo-Choo
  • Grandma, Grandpa, and Me
  • Charley Harper ABCs: Chunky Edition
  • Dog
  • Touch & Feel: FARM
  • It's Pumpkin Day, Mouse! (If You Give...)
  • The ABC Bunny
  • Trucks: Whizz! Zoom! Rumble!