Start by marking “Richard Scarry's Cars and Trucks from A to Z” as Want to Read:
Richard Scarry's Cars and Trucks from A to Z

Richard Scarry's Cars and Trucks from A to Z

4.11 of 5 stars 4.11  ·  rating details  ·  353 ratings  ·  19 reviews
Illustrated in full color. This car-and- truck-filled alphabet extravaganza that starts with an ambulance and ends with a zippercar, is shaped like Lowly Worm's applemobile. ...more
Board Book, 22 pages
Published October 3rd 1990 by Random House Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Richard Scarry's Cars and Trucks from A to Z, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Richard Scarry's Cars and Trucks from A to Z

Cara Byrne
This bitty book, about the size of an actual apple, goes through the alphabet with food-themed vehicles driving it along. It's a great way to introduce lots of new vocabulary words - not just those relating to cars and trucks. It's also a great size for my eight month old to play with, as it's big enough for her to open and shut the pages and manipulate the entire book with her hands but small enough that she doesn't hurt herself as she inevitably throws it or slams it - or puts it in her mouth. ...more
Lawrence Lam
Why are so many vehicles inefficiently modeled after foods? I can't get past that. =\
Katharine
Richard Scarry and Lowly Worm....more good childhood memories and loves.
Ninoshkka
im a bit behind schedule on my reading
Emerson
First book purchased for little Theodore. Never too early. A small little book just about the size of a large apple. Filled with such silliness as P is for Pickle Car and Pencil Car. X is for xylophone car! Emerson "read" it to his baby last night.
jacky
William got this for Christmas from my mother. While the size is great for him as an infant, the pictures are too small and the content above him. We have looked at it a few times together those for just the experience of looking at books together.

I like the various types of cars using the alphabet. Some are informative while others are silly. The mix of the two is well balanced.
Crystal
a simple fun kids' book that is great for keeping small children entertained, whether reading aloud to them the different (silly) kinds of cars, or just for them flipping through themselves. The small sturdy pages are ideal for little hands (and survive little mouths), and the pictures are bright and involving. plus, it's a book I don't mind reading aloud over and over.
Jackson
It helps to LOVE cars and trucks, but this book is the perfect size for little hands to carry around and look through. Has some of the classic Richard Scarry vehicles - bananamobile, apple car, zippercar. Jackson loves the street sweeper, mail truck and garbage truck. All boy!
Pita-eater
This board book is hilarious in that it pairs basic cars, such as a tractor or fire engine, with Richard Scarry cars, such as a bananamobile, crayon car, and a bugdozer. So funny.
Jessica Wirth
My son really enjoys this! I've never been really partial to Scarry's illustrations, but when I rate a kids book its as much about what my kids think about it as the value I attach to it!
Alicia
Jul 10, 2009 Alicia rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: kids, abc
I love this cute little book. I like that there are more than one car for some of the letters. I also like that some of them are real and some of them are made up vehicles.
MM
Simone has every word of this little book memorized but instead of "reading," she sings it. She sits in her bed and sings it to all her dollys and animals. cute.
Diane
This little book is well-worn. My son loves it, and he knows all the names of the cars and trucks and who's driving them.
Holly
This is a great book for the diapper bag with just a vew creative cars per page.
Amy Kalvig
One of my favorite parts of this book was looking for the Goldbug!!! What fun!
Jenn S
Abby liked this at 18 months. Not really before that.
Erin
First book Spencer memorized @ about 2 years old or so.
Theresa
a cute book for young children
Aimee L. Hertzog
Aimee L. Hertzog marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2015
Tiffany Harris
Tiffany Harris marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2015
Shannon Campbell
Shannon Campbell marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2015
Patricia
Patricia marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2015
  • Open the Barn Door, Find a Cow (A Chunky Book(R))
  • The Fire Engine Book
  • Dog
  • Seven Little Postmen
  • Planes Board Book
  • Touch and Feel: Farm
  • That's Not My Puppy...Its Coat is Too Hairy (Usborne Touchy-Feely Books)
  • Good Night, Little Bear
What Do People Do All Day? Cars and Trucks and Things That Go Richard Scarry's Best Storybook Ever! Richard Scarry's Please and Thank You Book Richard Scarry's Best Word Book Ever