Start by marking “Aristotle, Verb Meaning and Functional Grammar: Towards a New Typology of States of Affairs” as Want to Read:

liked it 3.00  ·  Rating Details  ·  1 Rating  ·  1 Review
Published January 1st 1989 by Brill

To ask other readers questions about Aristotle, Verb Meaning and Functional Grammar, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Aristotle, Verb Meaning and Functional Grammar

David Harris
Mar 22, 2013 David Harris rated it liked it
* Interesting reading, but a bit complicated for laymen *

At the outset, I'll make it clear that this is very academic-oriented writing. As such, it would probably be difficult reading for someone with little background in the field. In fact, I have a wide background in linguistics but not much knowledge of functional grammar, and I found the book difficult to digest, as well. I found I had to re-read certain sections before I was able to completely understand what the author was saying.

One thing
Kelebogile
Kelebogile marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2015
Prakshi
Prakshi marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2014
Vu Nguyen
Vu Nguyen marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2013