Start by marking “Dangerous Tides (Drake Sisters, #4)” as Want to Read:
Dangerous Tides (Drake Sisters, #4)

Dangerous Tides (Drake Sisters #4)

4.28  ·  Rating Details ·  9,588 Ratings  ·  214 Reviews
With her sensual blend of paranormal romance and breathless suspense, New York Times bestselling author “Christine Feehan boldly goes where no writer has ever gone”*. Now she introduces Libby Drake, of the magical Drake sisters—each mysterious, gifted, and enchanted by prophecies of love…

Dr. Libby Drake is sensible and practical. To her more adventurous sisters, she’s alwa
Mass Market Paperback, 354 pages
Published June 27th 2006 by Jove

To ask other readers questions about Dangerous Tides, please sign up.

Martha Oceans of Fire.

Oceans of Fire.

Alexandr Volstov is an Interpol Agent following a trail of missing Russian artifacts. He crossed paths with Abilgal (Abbey) Drake after she witnessed the murder of his partner working undercover. It took place while she was studying dolphins in the ocean near her home of Sea Haven. They met four years earlier but have been estranged,(less)

Becky
This is one of those times when I wonder to myself whether the publisher read the same book I read. Maybe there was some devious plot afoot with two stories being switched at printing, and I just got unlucky enough to get the hideous, annoying, barely literate story instead of the beautiful, interesting and readable one. I actually have doubts as to whether editors have even heard of this book. If so, the ones responsible for giving it their stamp of approval should be fired, and probably slappe ...more
Naomi
Jul 04, 2016 Naomi rated it really liked it
Pretty good though I thought the ending was slightly anticlimactic
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
Despite a slow start, I ended up loving this book. There was much to love in it, after all. If you read this book, hang in the past the helicopter scene, which was filled with a bit too much technical information. You might like it, but I found it was a little dry for me. Shortly thereafter, things really take off.

Ty Derrick isn't your typical hero. He is extremely intelligent. So intelligent that he isn't very good at doing the normal life kinds of things. He has poor social skills, and will sa
Susan
Dangerous Tides is book four in Christine Feehan's Drake Sisters series. The story revolves around Libby Drake and Tyson Derrick.

Libby is the confirmed "good girl" of the Drake family. Her power lies in healing others, and she has spent her professional life as Dr. Libby Drake, traveling the world with Doctors Beyond Borders, trying to help those in need.

Tyson Derrick is a brilliant biochemist working for pharmaceutical company BioLab. Spending most of his life in a lab, Ty spends his vacation
Dee
A good solid 4 Stars

Re-Read - November 2015
Originally Read - 2011
Tempo de Ler
Libby está farta de ser a Drake «boazinha», sempre responsável, caridosa e sem pensamentos maldosos. De regresso a Sea Haven, Libby decide que se quer tornar selvagem e imprevisível como as suas irmãs…e parece ter encontrado o homem ideal para a mudança. Ty Derrick é o oposto de Libby - convencido, arrogante e viciado em adrenalina - mas é também um génio da bioquímica que investiga os efeitos secundários depressivos que um novo medicamento aparenta provocar em pacientes oncológicos adolescentes ...more
Gina
Apr 17, 2008 Gina rated it it was amazing
Great book! Exactly what I would have expected, just what I wanted, and exactly what I got. But then again, I've been with the Drake Sisters since the beginning, so I'm biased.

Feehan knows how to write descriptions so that a vivid picture pops into your head. I adore the banter between the sisters ~ it makes you feel close to them, as if part of the family. Libby and Ty are made for each other and balance each other very well. All the characters in the book are strong with personalities of their
Mojca
Libby Drake, fourth of the seven Drake sisters, is the compassionate one, a doctor with a heart of gold, unable to say no to anyone. She can’t seem to be able to say no even to people who are vegetating in their hospital beds, more dead than alive, with their brain resembling scrambled eggs.

Well, that’s Tyson “Ty” Derrick for you. The daredevil genius researcher slash firefighter’s harness had failed while he was trying to save a teenager, and he ended up in the hospital without hope of making i
Filipa
This is my favorite book of the series yet. I loved Tyson... he was such a great character. I loved to get to know him. The romance was perfect for these two, very well written. If only I wouldn't have guessed who the perpetrator was right in the beginning of the book... Anyway, it was a great reading for my spring break and I couldn't ask for more.
Ally
Jul 18, 2008 Ally rated it liked it
Shelves: ebook, 2008
I didn't enjoy this book as much as the previous two partly as I didn't feel you were given such a background on Libby Drake and found her character a bit lacking but still enjoyed the book.
Olivia
“Libby wants to be a bad girl,” Sarah announced.
Jonas’s eyebrow shot up. A slow smile spread across his face. “Libby, hon, there is no way you can be corrupted by the rest of your sisters. You’re just too sweet.”
Libby glared at him, totally exasperated. “I am not. Come on! You could help out a little, Jonas. I have the ability to be just as wicked as the rest of my family.”
“Hear, hear,” Elle said.
“Well said, sister.” Joley nodded her head in agreement. “Not true, but well said,” she agreed.
Hope
Jul 19, 2015 Hope rated it it was amazing
love this collection
Kathy
Dr. Libby Drake… the good sister, of even temperament, easy to see the good & the pain in all, understanding… her talent is healing, both as a regular doctor with great intuition as well as an empath, able to sake the symptoms of the ailment to herself and healing the patient, and relying on her sisters to heal her, and she can sense danger… She travels the world with different organizations – Doctors without Borders, animal protection, indigenous people protection…

Also highlighted in this s
Martha
Feb 09, 2017 Martha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book featured Libby Drake, the good girl, who followed the rules, played it safe and was a doctor. Her magical gift was as a healer. She had known Tyson Derrick since childhood since he moved to Sea Haven to live with his aunt after his parents were killed. Libby admired Ty for years because of his brilliant mind. When he was critically injured during a search-and-rescue operation, Libby was drawn to him in the hospital. He had suffered major head trauma besides broken ribs, etc. His head t ...more
Jessica
Aug 10, 2016 Jessica rated it did not like it
I found myself bored with Libby and Ty's story. I enjoyed the first two books more than this and ironically, the book lengths of those were considerably much shorter. Several times, I actually put the book on hold to do other things because I just needed a break from them. I didn't like Libby or Ty at all. Their characters, I just couldn't connect with them, I didn't even want to try after a while. If Libby was a nice girl, that's cool. I actually prefer those types but she was beyond nice. She ...more
Alex Hainsworth
Dec 05, 2016 Alex Hainsworth rated it liked it
'Dangerous Tides' by Christine Feehan, the fourth novel in the Drake Sisters Series, had a plot that captivated you, and the ending had me on the edge of my seat. From start to finish, this novel always had something going on that kept me reading.
Letticia
Jan 22, 2017 Letticia rated it it was amazing
Shelves: love
great read keeps you guessing to the very end!
Aparna
Jun 23, 2016 Aparna rated it really liked it
Stars: 4 / 5
Recommendation: If you believe that there is more than to everyone that involves with connection to elements of nature and human, then this is the series I recommend you pick.

Drake Sisters Novels are the first series in the Sea Haven Novels by Christine Feehan. Dangerous Tides is the fourth installment of Drake Sisters Novels published in June of 2006. This time around the story revolves around Libby Drake - the fourth sister with the magic of healing at times bring forth someone/som
Dani Freeman
Oct 01, 2016 Dani Freeman rated it liked it
I kind of gave up on CF books a couple years ago but decided to read one for "old times" sake. While I slightly enjoyed some of the story most of it was "oh are you serious?". The lead male character seems kind of stalkerish and demanding and the heroine (a Doctor) just seems like a nitwit. And when I read "weaving an intricate pattern in the air with her fingers" a third time I remembered why I quit reading Feehan... Not a bad book, I think I may have just outgrown her writing?
Joana
Apr 09, 2013 Joana rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Opinião em: http://leituranaoocupaespaco.blogspot...

Opinião:

"Marés Perigosas" é o quarto livro da série das Irmãs Drake que nos chega pela chancela da Saída de Emergência.
Como protagonista temos a quarta irmã, Libby, a benemérita médica e curandeira da família Drake.
Libby é reservada e dedicou toda a sua vida a ajudar o próximo, preterindo, assim, a sua vida pessoal, inclusivé no que respeita ao amor, em favor dos necessitados.
Habituada a correr o mundo para ajudar os seus doentes, Libby está f
Kerry
Oct 16, 2012 Kerry rated it really liked it
Shelves: 8, romance, paranormal, 2006
I enjoy Christine Feehan's Drake Sisters series. The sisters are all lovely - if a bit perfect - and it's a nice break from the angst of the Carpathian books. Her heroes still tend to be alpha males, but they're not as totally annoying about it as the Carpathians are.

There's a lot of wish fulfillment here; seven beautiful sisters with magical powers who love each other with a depth and strength most people can only dream about. But that's okay so long as you start the book with that awareness. I
Shabby Girl ~ aka Lady Victoria
I really enjoyed this one, right from the start. When I was reading the blurb, to be honest, I thought Libby was the least interesting of the sisters, probably because she’s always seemed in the background in previous books, compared to the other sisters, and I was actually thinking of skipping over this book and coming back to it later. But I decided I should stick to the order, and I’m really glad I did.

Even though Libby is very quiet, I really liked her, and I liked the hero, Ty. I wouldn’t s
Ana
Mar 20, 2013 Ana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Neste quatro livro da coleção “Drake Sisters”, temos a história de Libby Drake e Ty Derrick.

Das sete irmãs Libby é a mais certinha de todas, uma médica simpática e afável que nunca fez nada de imprevisível na vida, no entanto ela gostaria de ser mais como Joley, e tornar-se mais rebelde. Ty é uma mente brilhante, um bioquímico consagrado, mas um tanto inapto na sociedade, mas um viciado em adrenalina.
Um acidente trágico ocorre quando Ty está ao serviço dos bombeiros levando-o para o hospital.
Elle
Jun 14, 2012 Elle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012
I struggled with the rating of this book for some time. In a way I don't think I enjoyed it as much as I did any other 5 star book but I felt like I couldn't give it any less.

I had some major issues with it though, and it's a testament to Feehan's writing and the Drake Sisters' Series that I still ended up really enjoying with it.

First off, Tyson. You absolute twat. The whole point of his character was that he couldn't socially interact like a normal person and people did think he was a total tw
Michelle ♣ Ndayeni
This entry in the Drake sisters series takes a bit of a step back from the high danger atmosphere of international crime syndicates that pervaded much of the previous book. While it doesn't fully return to the lighthearted sweetness of the first two books, it does manage to strike more of a balance between the joy of two people finally admitting to themselves and to each other how much they love one another, and the dangers posed by those who seek to murder either one or both of them for reasons ...more
May 09, 2010 Jennifer rated it liked it
Recommended to Jennifer by: jennsicurella@verizon.net
Shelves: para-witches
Dangerous Tides is primarily a love story, as all of the Drake Sister's novels are. When read from a purely romantic viewpoint, this is a very good story. The mixing of science, medicine, magic and long denied attraction makes this book, in my opinion, one of the better stories of the series.

Thing take a turn towards the uncomfortable when Libby and Tyson, both virgins well read on the subject of sex, consummate their relationship. While I am willing to believe that someone can possess two quite
Tania Martins
Apr 09, 2013 Tania Martins rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mais um fantástico livro da autora, desta vez conhecemos a história de Libby e Tyson! Dois cérebros da Medicina, ela a certinha Dra. Drake e ele o reputado nerd bioquímico e viciado em adrenalina...

Toda a dinâmica da história se desenvolve em torno do facto de alguém querer acabar com a vida de Libby seja pelo facto dela usar a magia dela em prol dos outros seja pelo facto dela ter salvo o amor da vida dela de sempre duma morte iminente.

Libby quer ser rebelde mas não sabe como, ela sempre quis
Liliana Pinto
Aug 15, 2013 Liliana Pinto rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: leituras-2013
"Marés Perigosas" é o primeiro livro que li de Christine Feehan e, sinceramente, não fiquei fã. Eu sei que este livro é o quarto livro de uma série, mas isso não impediu que conseguisse conhecer as personagens, os seus poderes e a trama.

Libby Drake é médica e possui o dom da cura. Desde a universidade que se sente atraída por Ty Derrick. Um homem com um cérebro enorme, uma arrogância ainda maior e um vicío por adrenalina que supera o resto. Quando Ty tem um acidente que o coloca entre a vida e a
Carissa Williams
Oct 23, 2014 Carissa Williams rated it really liked it
Dangerous Tides is the fourth book in the Drake Sister series from Christine Feehan. The Drake Sister series is joined by the Sisters of the Heart series to comprise the Sea Haven series. You don’t need to read the previous books of this series to follow Dangerous Tides. For a more complete understanding, I do suggest you read them, as I chose to do. The protagonists in this book are Libby Drake and Ty Derrick. At the beginning of Dangerous Tides learn that Libby and Ty were always the top two s ...more
Laura Haze
Mar 23, 2011 Laura Haze rated it liked it
When changing from author to author as I have from LJ Smith to Christine Feehan, the style of reading took me some time to re-adjust, once I adjusted I found myself very engrossed and caught up in the book.

The style is very in-depth in describing the characters, which at times I found slightly overwhelming and maybe a little confusing in the beginning(and I admittedly skipped some text) although realized a requirement to understand what each character was about and what their feelings were in th
Christine Feehan ...: Dangerous Tides (Drake Sisters, #4) 1 15 Feb 13, 2010 06:53PM
  • After Twilight (Dark, #7)
  • Storm of Shadows (The Chosen Ones, #2)
  • Master of Fire (Mageverse #6)
  • Shadow Touch (Dirk & Steele,  #2)
  • Walk on the Wild Side (The Others, #13)
  • Bound by Light (The Dark Crescent Sisterhood, #3)
  • The Master (Sons of Destiny, #3)
  • Gideon (Nightwalkers, #2)
  • Stroke of Midnight (Were-Hunter, #1.5; Nightcreature, #1.5; Vampire Huntress, #3.5)
Christine Feehan is a #1 New York Times bestselling author multiple times over with her portfolio including over 50 published novels, including five series; Dark Series, Ghostwalker Series, Leopard Series, Drake Sisters Series, & the Sisters of the Heart Series. All five series hit the #1 spot on the New York Times bestselling list as well. Her debut novel Dark Prince received 3 of the 9 Paran ...more
More about Christine Feehan...

Drake Sisters (7 books)
  • Magic in the Wind (Drake Sisters, #1)
  • The Twilight Before Christmas (Drake Sisters, #2)
  • Oceans of Fire (Drake Sisters, #3)
  • Safe Harbor (Drake Sisters, #5)
  • Turbulent Sea (Drake Sisters, #6)
  • Hidden Currents (Drake Sisters, #7)

“You mean his kisses." Hannah corrected her.

Jonas narrowed his gaze. "You seem obsessed with his kisses, Hannah."

She shrugged. "It's been a while. I'm looking for a little action."

His eyebrow shot up. "Oh, really?" Jonas leaned down, his hand twisting in her hair, holding her head perfectly still as his mouth took possession of hers.

Libby gasped in shock. The kiss seemed to go on and on forever. And there was definitely tongue. Hannah not only wasn't struggling, she seemed to be kissing him back.

Jonas pulled away just as abruptly, shoving his hat on his head and turning toward the living room. "That should hold you for a while. Next time you're feeling a little hard up, give me a call." He strode out of the room.”
0 likes