Start by marking “Lunangelique's Sleeping Gods” as Want to Read:
Lunangelique's Sleeping Gods

Lunangelique's Sleeping Gods (Lunangelique #2)

Alexis has a mission: to awaken the sleeping gods. However, she is at the point of giving up, feeling like there is nothing left of herself. Regardless, she knows she has to pick up the broken pieces of her heart and pull herself together. That is when a friend becomes her savior. And as Patryck helps put Alexis back together again, she starts to see him as something more ...more
Published September 18th 2012 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Lunangelique's Sleeping Gods, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lunangelique's Sleeping Gods

Sarika Patkotwar
Oct 04, 2012 Sarika Patkotwar rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*NOTE: Author Kristin R. Campbell provided us (The Readdicts) with a copy of her book, Sleeping Gods, book #2 in the Lunangelique series. We thank the author for the book!

Sleeping Gods is the second book in the Lunangelique series by Kristin R Campbell. You can read my review of Lunangelique here.
After reading Lunangelique, I was really excited to know more about twins Alex and Lexi and author Kristin R Campbell sent me a copy of the book in exchange for a review. Sleeping Gods was, if I am to
Alizon
Sep 16, 2012 Alizon rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thank you to Kristin Campbell for an advanced copy of the sequel to her first book! I was touched and honored to be included in such a way. I LOVED the first book and had eagerly anticipated the second.

Mrs. Campbell manages to continue her story with brilliance and left me begging for more at the end. I laughed out loud several times and cried with Lexi in others. I look forward to the conclusion of this series and any future writing from the author. She has, in just 2 books, gained a reader for
Meganm922
Sep 21, 2012 Meganm922 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I am so in love with this series. I devoured both books in less than two days. In fact, I was about 30% done last night and the FIRST thing I did this morning was pick up the book and finish it. I could not wait to finish. I also think I had dreams about it last night, actually.

Alexis tries to mend her broken heart after Cole leaves her. It was incredibly heart wrenching to watch her try to pull herself together. A slight love triangle develops as Alexis struggles with her emotions and attempts
Ashley Williams
Oct 28, 2012 Ashley Williams rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was an exhilarating continuation of the Lunangelique series. I really love Campbell's twist on Greek Mythology and Angels. The Sleeping Gods is a bit more angsty too!

Cover/ writing style
I really like the cover, it is mysterious. I like Campbell's writing style and this book is written in the first person POV.

Main character
Lexi would so be my bff.. she is snarky, determined, and strong, yet slightly vulnerable. She was depressed at first, because the love of her life Cole left her, but
Carrie (Book Fairy) Fort
Favorite Lines “But I cannot smile. Not a real smile. It’s the ‘I’m-really-alright. See-my-mouth-is-turned-up’ smile. Almost fools everyone. I feel like my life is being puppeteered.”

“I love you so much, Lexi. Please don’t ever doubt that again,”

Whew! Thank god! I won't tell you why I'm saying that but OMG thank god!!
Lexi and Alex are touring Europe for the summer before college and preparing to wake the gods. These twins have a string of calm then storm storm storm! I'm surprised one of them h
Reeses
Alexis must pick up the broken pieces of her heart and pull herself together because she has a mission: To awaken the sleeping gods. When she is at the point of giving up, wearing her pretend smiles and feels like there is nothing left of herself, her friend becomes her savior. Patryck helps put Alexis back together again and in return Alexis sees him as something more than a friend…

Together with her brother, Alex, her father, Edmund, and a team of angels they make their way to Mount Latmos, to
Ruty  B
Nov 25, 2012 Ruty B rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Is possible to forget your first love? Can you move on with your life after so much suffering? Would you wake up the gods if that will bring destruction?

These are all questions that Lexi has to deal with in the second book of the series. After been abandoned by Cole, Lexi is depressed, sad and almost living in automatic-pilot. After six months of going by life like a zombie she finally decides to move on with the help of Patrick.

Lexi and Alexander (her twin brother) will join forces with Edmund
Tiffany
Oct 30, 2012 Tiffany rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well I must say Kristin R. Campbell has done it again and left me in shocked on how she ended Sleeping Gods. Really Kristin you had to do that to me didn't you lol okay back to the review.In this book we see Lexi go through heartbreak and you will see an love triangle as well with Patryck. I don't care for Patryck much but he did do some cool things like travel to the past and where he went and who he took was cool. You have to read it to find out for your self.You also get to meet different ...more
Julia
Jan 24, 2013 Julia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
She’s done it again. I must commend Kristin on all the research that must have been involved in writing this series. I appreciate the work she put into this. The way she wove the mythology into daily life was fascinating. The descriptions she used made me feel like I was there seeing it myself. It’s this attention to detail that makes an author stand above the rest. I have to admit I was on the wrong “team” for a while….she’s that good of an author.
Jasmine
Jan 07, 2013 Jasmine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
SPOILERS!

Starting this book my heart was broken because Cole was gone, but I had a feeling he would be back! I was so happy that he did come back and has been there the whole time! And then at the end when he gave her the ring! I hope he and everyone else will be okay!!! Can't wait to read the 3rd book.
Sep 23, 2012 Laura rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ahh where to begin, This book by far the best I've read this year! Keeps me guessing and wanting more!! I love how this book is so different from all the other books I've read. I love how it uses all the God's and goddess. There is a Love triangle short of, and so much confusion with Lexi. I just cant wait til the next book comes out!
M.S. Brannon
Dec 12, 2013 M.S. Brannon rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow!! This book is amazing and thank you Kristin R. Campbell for taking me another insane journey. The moment I finished the book I went to Amazon and purchased the final book. It drove me crazy because I couldn't get past the major cliffhanger. Well done my friend!
Louise Cable
Nov 10, 2012 Louise Cable rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow. Wow. Wow what an ending all I can say is kristin r campbell when is awakened gods being released cause damn what an ending & what a series I can wait pls b quick!!

People pls buy & read these books they are amazing :-D
Christine James
Nov 27, 2012 Christine James rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really love this series. At first I wasn't overly sure if I liked Alexis, she seemed too goody goody, but this book shoes that she is more believable. I am now anxiously awaiting the release of the third book.
Keri
Dec 31, 2012 Keri rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just finished this book and Oh my gods!!!! What an amazing story!!!! I'm SO happy I have book 3 waiting on me!!! What an ending!!!!! My mouth is still on the floor with whoa!!!!! Oh!!! This story!!!! Well done Kristen, well done!!! =^D <3 *quickly picks up book 3*
Elizabeth Eagle
Feb 23, 2013 Elizabeth Eagle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Again good. Lots of new characters and wayyyyyyy to much Patrick with Lexi. That shouldn't have lasted as long as it did..... The ending is def a cliff hanger after we hear so much about Zeus it's hard to see what his last words are going to mean..... Are they good or bad??
Kami
Dec 16, 2012 Kami rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book...took a few hours out of my day off to read it....and I read it all, I couldn't put it down, almost killed my Cell battery cause I was so engrossed in the novel. Cannot wait for book 3
Emily
Oct 03, 2012 Emily marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Sounds super cool! Totally want to read it! Got an email for it being on a blog tour, but it's the second book in the series so I didn't sign up. ):
Lara
Apr 27, 2013 Lara rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
No words to describe it. It was awesome.
Edith Covington
Dec 20, 2012 Edith Covington rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Read this book in one day WOW WOW WOW!
books are love
Feb 04, 2014 books are love rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book picks up where Lunangelique left off. Although the editing still needs some work, the second book does not disappoint when it comes to adventure and danger.

Lexi (Alexis) is picking up from a broken heart. One that was broken with good intentions but still broken. Patryck comes in to help her, what a surprise, and gets her to focus on him and getting together with him. Shocker there. in the meantime Cole is still trying to watch over Lexi and misses her. Thinking he is doing the right
Valeria
Jan 21, 2015 Valeria rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

In this second installment of the series the plot thickens. We get to know some new characters, and enjoy the appearance of several mythological characters. In the first book, we learned about angels and the beginning of Christianity, but in this book we learn about mythology and most importantly, the consequences the decision to wake up the sleeping gods may entail.

This book had more action and thrill than the first one, and we can see how the story is starting to unravel.

But the ending…OMG! Th
Lisa
Jan 09, 2014 Lisa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Four out of Five Fangs

I received a copy of this story for an honest review for Paranormal Romance and Authors that Rock!

Sleeping Gods picks up months after renegade angel Cole abandons his great love Lexi in Lunangelique, the newly identified offspring of Moon Goddess Selene and warrior angel Edmund. Cole’s desertion coupled with the pressure of fulfilling the prophecy of awakening the sleeping ancient Gods trapped by Sun God Helios, crush Lexi and make her a ghost of her former self.

“With ever
Michelle's Paranormal Vault of Books
Come by my blog post for the whole series reviews and excerpts for the Lunangelique Book Tour Here is the Direct Link Lunangelique Series Book Tour Blog Post

This story just keeps getting better and better. I had a big gap of time in reading book one, and this one, just got too busy and never got back to it, so I started this one over, and also read the last few chapters of book one to get my memory triggered, and it worked, and just loved this one. I am now glad I didn’t finish this one back whe
Emily (Reviewer
Jun 27, 2013 Emily (Reviewer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: series
I am loving this series!! Kristin has pulled me into her book once again and it was another wild ride!

Alexis (Lexi) and Alex are finally done with school and are now on the hunt to find a way to release their mother and all the other Gods locked in the mountain. We get to meet LOTS of new Demi Gods, Gods, and other Angels, learn background stories that I didn’t think could get any worse, and explore Europe!

On their journey Lexi is dealing with major heartbreak from Cole leaving and dealing with
Eskimo Princess Jenkins
Book 2, 4 stars for the story itself.
Alexis still has her anger issues, and it worse. Alex is showing some real personally and backbone, maybe a little bit of a jerk in this book.
Meet more characters, and learn more about everyone. I mean everyone, in Greek Mythology. So be prepared for a Greek lesson. And that's a good thing, you need the little lessons cause you won't be able to keep track of all the names thrown at you!
Twists and turns, deceit and more lies. But it all keeps you glued to the
Tiffany
Jan 13, 2014 Tiffany rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Even better than the first, the whole book was great unlike the first where only the last three quarters of the book was enjoyable, My only complaint was that it was a little hard to keep up with all the mythology history. i know a bit of the history and maybe not add much as i should but it was a lot to take in. As some of the other reviewers mentioned Im sure it took a tremendous amount of research for the author and for that i give her a ton of credit.
Maka Neese
Mar 08, 2014 Maka Neese rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow

a very interesting book. definitely holds your attention. it takes you on a wonderful journey. give's tons of connection to Greek Mythology.
Roy Huff
Roy Huff rated it it was amazing
May 11, 2015
April Bufford
April Bufford rated it liked it
Mar 27, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • The Lure of Shapinsay
  • Lost Seraphine (Seraphine Trilogy, #2)
  • Aversion (The Mentalist Series, #1)
  • The Forbidden Trilogy (The Forbidden Trilogy #1-3)
  • Memoirs of a Gothic Soul
  • Voluspa: A Magical World
  • The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
  • Luminaire (Florence Waverley, #2)
  • Pledged (Soul Wars Saga, #1)
  • Darkside Sun (Mortal Machine, #1)
  • Fever: Many are Born, Few are Reborn (Wolf Sirens, #2)
  • Barbie Girl (Baby Doll, #1)
  • Justice (Deck of Lies, #1)
  • Cover Him With Darkness
  • Obumbrate (Illumine, #2)
  • Broken Gates (The P.J. Stone Gates Trilogy #2)
  • Blind to Men
  • Supernatural Seduction (Coffin Girls, #2)
Currently living in Utah with her husband and two children, Kristin is prior military and has pursued Religion, History and Legal Studies before finally settling with a Bachelor degree in Criminal Justice. An author herself and self-proclaimed workaholic, she also loves hiking, traveling, spoiling her babies and, of course, reading and writing.
Facebook page: www.facebook.com/KristinRCampbellLuna..
More about Kristin R. Campbell...

Lunangelique (3 books)
  • Lunangelique
  • Lunangelique's Awakened Gods

“I really feel like I’m going insane and want to rip my hair out of my head to cancel out the pain in my heart."~Cole” 4 likes