Start by marking “Asterix dan Puteri Rahazade” as Want to Read:
Asterix dan Puteri Rahazade

Asterix dan Puteri Rahazade (Astérix #28)

3.89  ·  Rating Details ·  3,344 Ratings  ·  61 Reviews
The wonderful little village where Asterix and Obelix live has only one drawback: its bard is the worst musician in the entire ancient world. Whenever Cacofonix strikes up a tune, his singing sends the sun behind the clouds and causes the rain to fall. Sometimes, though, that "talent" can come in mighty handy. Cacofonix's golden moment arrives when a fakir flies in on a ma ...more
Published 2001 by Pustaka Sinar Harapan (first published 1987)

To ask other readers questions about Asterix dan Puteri Rahazade, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Asterix dan Puteri Rahazade

Bruce
Jul 15, 2010 Bruce rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Asterix the Magic Carpet – a mediocre Uderzo plot that serves as an excuse for exquisite artwork (the ancient world from above); Cacofonix is flown by magic carpet from Gaul to a parched land of the Ganges in the hopes his horrible singing will summon a delinquent monsoon.
Steef
Jun 07, 2014 Steef rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: strips, nederlands
The Asterix with some of the most beautiful pictures is also one of the most boring ones. Linear storyline without any real depth, like the older ones.

Obelix' stupidity and cravings for food are a bit too much for my taste. It lacks the humour it had in, say, The Soothsayer.
Luís C.
Book bought by my aunt Elizabeth for my 13th birthday.They brought to me by France,specially for me!!
Agoaye Leblog
Dec 30, 2015 Agoaye Leblog rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Une aventure d'Asterix et Obélix qui compte parmi mes préférées.
Humour et aventure sont au rendez-vous pour des dessins dépaysants
Jose Cepeda
Exquisite artwork, but poor plot.
Nicola
Feb 28, 2017 Nicola rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novel, comedy
I loved these as a kid :) I picked up a couple from the library recently. I definitely have a greater appreciation as an adult for all of the puns but it also doesn't hold my interest the way it did when I was young!
Zare
Jan 08, 2017 Zare rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics, adventure, asterix
Art is great as usual but story seems rather rushed, not like in case of other tales. I would give it 3.5 stars.
Nevertheless for a fan of Asterix it was a great treat indeed.
Christian Krüger
Sicherlich mit einer der bisher schwächsten Bände.
Manuel Chiofi
Feb 27, 2016 Manuel Chiofi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Non è il cielo a cadere sulla testa dei Galli, ma un fachiro indiano arrivato in Armorica sul suo tappeto volante per chiedere aiuto ad Asterix ed Obelix. Nella valle del Gange non piove da settimane e la figlia del rajah sta per essere sacrificata per propiziare gli dei. Così i nostri amici partono con il bardo al seguito per salvare la ragazza e far tornare la pioggia.
Albo dove i nostri fanno un lunghissimo viaggio e Uderzo ne approfitta per inserire tanti rimandi a vecchi albi e tantissimi gi
Kiki
May 13, 2008 Kiki rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Kiki by: my dad
Asterix memang nggak ada matinyeee!!
thanks to penerjemahnya yang dahsyat menginterpretasi kelucuan Asterix ke dalam local content. misalnya kata silly diterjemahkan menjadi dogol, instead of bodoh. kadar lucunya jadi naik. hehehe.
Kebayang si Assurancetourix yang biasa dicemooh bangsanya sendiri karena selalu meruntuhkan langit bin bikin gerimis mengundang di atas kepala mereka setiap kali menyanyi, kali ini malah dielu-elukan oleh bangsa India karena "kedodolannya" itu. Yah, bagaimana nggak sena
Matthew Hunter
Proof that Goscinny and Uderzo really needed each other to create a great work. At the time of this installment's original release, Author Goscinny had died, and illustrator Uderzo attempted to continue the Asterix franchise. The plot suffers, and the storytelling reeks.

Subtle wit? Gone. Social commentary? Nada. Name puns? Still there, but not even remotely funny anymore. Honestly, there's zero depth to the humor. Uderzo has Obelix uncork "beauties" like "This leaves me cold" as their magic carp
Emily
May 26, 2011 Emily rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who grew up reading Asterix
It's been years since I've read any Asterix and Obelix comics (I'm afraid to say that I learned quite a lot of my ancient history from these guys). I'd forgotten how Asterix (like most good cartoons) is based on such absurd plotting. I'd also forgotten that Obelix was so obsessed with food (how could I possibly have forgotten that?). What I hadn't forgotten is how chock-full of puns the books are, as well as being full of European stereotypes about every and all cultures (no one is safe. Not eve ...more
Vasco Ribeiro
escrito só por uderzo, a história perde muitas das subtilezas de texto dos primeiros livros. Um faquir vem até à gália à procura do gaulês cuja voz faz chover (é o bardo assurancetourix), uma vez que uma princesa da pérsia vai morrer ao fim de 1001 horas se não chover no seu país em sacrifício aos deuses. a viagem é num tapete voador e ao longo fazem-se achegas da vida moderna que se contextualizam, mas são muito superficiais
Amalie
Asterix in India!!! Finally! What can I say about this other than that the appeal of the Asterix books is universal, and timeless. As a child I enjoyed the antics; as an adult I enjoy the puns and historical allusions.

I was laughing out loud reading the medical diagnosis to Cacofonix's illness, ( He has lost his voice, the moment it is needed :P) and then their treatment to it!!! Really a South Asian or an Indian will understand the pun better! For me that's the best bit.
Jerome
Mar 22, 2015 Jerome rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cacofonix has a habit of causing it to rain when he sings, son when an Indian mystic arrives on a magic carpet, Cacofonix agrees to help the man bring rain to his drought-plagued homeland, and Asterix and Obelix accompany them. The sultan’s evil vizier is planning to sacrifice the sultan’s daughter in order to restore the rain and take over India.

The book includes the usual humor and parodies of Indian culture.
Fen Foxwood
Aug 25, 2015 Fen Foxwood rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This has got to be one of my favorites in the whole series, but this review goes for all of them.

Why is this odd little graphic novel so popular? Well, that's because it's actually... Really, really good. The first time a started reading one I was quite confused and weirded out, but I soon grew to love it. It has great humor, fantastic writing, and beautifully developed characters. This series is timeless, and I think they all deserve 5 stars.
Mathieu
Jul 29, 2011 Mathieu rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Incursion indienne pour Astérix. Bof, c'est pas nul, mais c'est pas génial non plus... Manque cette touche d'humour décalé qu'on trouvait auparavant... Là, on n'a plus que les jeux de mots avec les noms propres.
L'histoire emprunte beaucoup à l'univers des milles et une nuits. Correct sans plus.
heidi
Jun 13, 2015 heidi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is one of the hilarious books in the series. Cacophonix (Troubadix in the German version) and his horrible singing, the "Indian gods" fight, standing joke about Obelix and his ravenous eating, and much more!

I thoroughly enjoyed the humor. Some dry, some offbeat, some was typical rehashed jokes from previous books but it was funny nonetheless.
Arsnoctis
Mar 09, 2015 Arsnoctis rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: toxicity-ended
Uno dei 5 volumi che ho preferito della serie, Voto effettivo [4.5 ★★★★☆]
Per un breve approfondimento sulla serie e sui volumi che ho preferito, lascio il link al post che ho scritto sul mio blog su questo tema.
Devero
May 11, 2014 Devero rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So che alcuni critici hanno espresso pareri negativi su questa storia. A me piace parecchio, sia come tematica, sia come svolgimento. I disegni di Uderzo sono belli come quasi mai in precedenza, ed è sempre un piacere rileggere quest'avventura in cui finalmente anche Assourancetourix è protagonista.
Linda Hall
May 28, 2014 Linda Hall rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
AWESOME!!! There is nothing that comes close to Asterix - I have the whole series, both on e-books and hard-copy and they are some of most treasured possessions. I grew up with them and they are simply the best!
Lidya Widyas
Aug 09, 2007 Lidya Widyas rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hihihi.. very funny and silly book.. I remember when caconofix (the "musician") can't sing, asterix said angrily: "when we don't want him to sing, he sings. And when we do want him sing, he can't.. lol
Karhum Ghassan
Nov 05, 2012 Karhum Ghassan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this book was funny actually all Asterix comics are funny but i liked this one more than the others because like at last they went to INDIA it looked nice from outside and inside but the way they make treatments for sick people is funny like what happened to Cacafonix!!!!
Lian Dewatmoko
Aug 02, 2007 Lian Dewatmoko rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is very funny book. Even someone who useless in the community can still usefull in other community.

The musician had new talent that needed in India. The Gaul's artist can sing and rain will come pouring.

This is good adventure and introduce the Indian culture.
Yves
Dec 12, 2011 Yves rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bd
'est vraiment bien comme bande dessinée. J'ai bien aimé Obélix et son attitude boudeuse tout le long du voyage. Il passe son temps à parler de manger. De plus, j'ai bien aimé que les Romains soient écartés de l'histoire. C'est une bonne BD d'Uderzo.
Neville Ridley-smith
Been a while since I read an Asterix. This one was ok but extremely cheesy. Art of course was great.
Susan
Apr 03, 2016 Susan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun amusing addition to your Latin curriculum. Even "cool" junior high and high schoolers will enjoy this break from some of the dryness of learning Latin.
Tim Rideout
Sep 17, 2016 Tim Rideout rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One of the better later adventures.
Frahorus
Apr 21, 2014 Frahorus rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fumetti, asterix
Le mille e una notte alla maniera dei mitici Asterix e Obelix che viaggiano con il loro musicista e un fachiro indiano per i cieli di mezzo mondo! Risate e gag una dopo l'altra!
Kassy
they are funny and brave. first they find a very strange person. he is watziznehm. they fly to save a country. last they come to the country. they save the princess. their prize is food.
  • Asterix and the Laurel Wreath (Asterix, #18)
René Goscinny was a French author, editor and humorist, who is best known for the comic book Astérix, which he created with illustrator Albert Uderzo, and for his work on the comic series Lucky Luke with Morris (considered the series' golden age).

Series:
* Asterix
More about René Goscinny...

Astérix (1 - 10 of 37 books)
  • Asterix the Gaul (Asterix, #1)
  • Asterix and the Golden Sickle (Asterix, #2)
  • Asterix and the Goths (Asterix, #3)
  • Asterix the Gladiator (Asterix, #4)
  • Asterix and the Banquet (Astérix #5)
  • Asterix and Cleopatra (Asterix, #6)
  • Asterix and the Big Fight (Asterix, #7)
  • Asterix in Britain (Asterix, #8)
  • Asterix and the Normans (Asterix, #9)
  • Asterix the Legionary (Asterix, #10)