Start by marking “Grace for the Moment, Volume I: Inspirational Thoughts for Each Day of the Year” as Want to Read:
Grace for the Moment, Volume I: Inspirational Thoughts for Each Day of the Year

Grace for the Moment, Volume I: Inspirational Thoughts for Each Day of the Year

4.38 of 5 stars 4.38  ·  rating details  ·  3,364 ratings  ·  84 reviews
With 365 entries, Grace for the Momentc is ideal for daily reading. Excerpts from Lucado's extensive writings, paired with a verse of Scripture, will emphasize the help and hope of God in everyday moments.
Published by J. Countryman (first published January 1st 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Grace for the Moment, Volume I, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Grace for the Moment, Volume I

Patty Flowers
This book is very special to me. It was given to me after a rough year in my life; my step daughter moved out in anger, my husbands grandmother (who was more like his mother) choked to death in the nursing home after sipping on water, a friend who survived a double lung transplant and was thriving in life got a rare blood bacteria and died within 48 hours, another friend got an almost unheard of form of cancer and died and then my house burned, taking everything I owned. All of that happened in ...more
Beth Anne
This is a very nice book to keep by your bedside. It has a page for each day of the year that includes a short message/inspirational thought for the day. A nice way to end your day on a positive note. (it does have a Christian theme, though - so if that does not appeal to you, then you might want to skip this one)
Dave Jones
I got this as a Christmas gift a couple of years ago. Max Lucado has a fresh way of looking at even the most familiar Bible verses and extracting practical wisdom from them. Each day includes a verse and a couple of paragraphs. These devotionals can be read in about 3 minutes. Great way to start (or end) your day.
Jim
My wife and I "discovered" Max Lucado and his writing several years ago. In my opinion, he's one of the few authors who can write equally well for all ages from toddler through adult about living a Christian life. According to the publisher, the devotionals in this book are geared for kids age six and up. As with a number of Lucado's books, the theme is God's grace, which he explains to kids thusly: Grace is God saying, "I know you've messed up, but I still love you anyway." Even young kids can ...more
Gail Welborn
As one year ends and another soon begins this devotional journal, two books in one, is a useful, inexpensive gift to consider for the New Year. Max Lucado’s Grace for the Moment, a yearlong book of one-page devotions includes ample space to journal your thoughts. Reading Max’s unpretentious writing is like sitting across the table and listening to a good friend.

The journal begins with “Each day…” where Max encourages readers to start their day with the Lord in “…the refuge of the early morning…”
Lacedric Williams
I used this as my daily devotional in the mornings to find encouragement and strength. Max Lucado always has a way of telling stories and causing the scripture to come alive. This is a great book if you are looking for a daily devotional for your quiet time with the Lord.
Genena Land
The daily devotions were what I needed both before and after my Dad died. I read one of the devotions at his funeral. This was a special book reminding me of God's faithfulness and love to me and my Dad.
Brenten Gilbert
Rating 3.75

Skewing even younger, Lucado’s message from Grace cascades down further into a family devotional format - one I’ve been sharing with the Littles. At 8 and 10, they don’t quite grasp everything presented here without some explanations or minor clarification, but they’re quite taken to reading this together each night - if only to prolong their bedtime ritual. Each entry offers a Bible verse, an illustration (story, not picture), and a practical nugget (sometimes even a project to work
Steve Woods
Max Lucado has a way of touching your heart, soul and mind with his books. This devotional book met a spiritual need in my life almost everyday.
Trish Boese
5* I am loving this book with daily devotions.
Stephanie Wright
This devotional from Max Lucado does not miss the mark of other Lucado books. Each day gives you a small dose of God's grace. Grace for each moment such as when you are hurting, when you need to just hear His breath and wisdom, when you need the inspiration to continue in this journey called Life. The way Max writes compels the reader to want more - more of the Father's love. If you are looking for a devotional to keep by your bed, next to your chair, or in your briefcase - this one is it!
Jeff
This devotional takes excerpts from Max Lucado's other books and condenses them into morning and evening devotionals. Each one is headed by a Scripture reading. I cheated a little...I read both of them in the mornings. I tried reading one in the evening, but kept forgetting.

I don't always agree with Max's theology, but then I don't always agree with anyone's theology. Many of these writings resonated with just what I needed to hear that day. Always amazing how God does that.
Rhonda
This is one of those books that you can always read without having finished it. It's a daily devotional with short excerpts from several of Max Lucados longer books. I love Max Lucado's warm illustrations. I think I especially like the one that goes something like "If God had a refrigerator your photo would be on it. If God had a wallet, your picture would be in it. Face it, he's crazy about you."
Casey
This book is phenomenal! Providing just a bit each day, this devotional walks the reader through the best of Max Lucado's extensive work over the period of a year. As with all of Lucado's writing, the focus is on spending time in prayer, basking in God's love, and forging a personal relationship with Him. I recommend anything Lucado has written for anyone!
Karen Klein
Just recently purchased this but started at the beginning and am reading a few pages a day.... It's providing me with some hope and inspiration that I am desperately needing right now...........

Still reading this every morning and will continue through the end of the year - awesome and inspirational....... Am planning on passing it on when I'm through!
Karen
This is the best devotional that I have found for myself to read on a daily basis. The "bite-size nuggets" are perfect for me! Each days' devotional is short and sweet-very concise and to the point. I can pray and reflect on the words throughout my day. I have been more consistent in my prayer life since I began reading this devotional on a daily basis.
Groovy Granny
Dec 30, 2008 Groovy Granny rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
This book is a great inspiring collection of scripture and thoughts taken from other books of Max Lucado's for each day of the year. The illustrations, though simple, are beautiful and illustrate the beauty that God has created on our Earth. The book, itself, is beautifully printed and makes a wonderful gift.
Donna
Excellent devotional as is all of Max Lucado's writings.
Cheryl
This is a great daily devotional.
Ken Bickley
We have used this daily devotional book for four years now. Its cover is almost worn out, but the contents never grow old. Max Lucado at his best.
Brian Shirley
A great way to atart the day with some inspiration and end the day also. Max gives out a verse from the bible then uses his wisdom to bring to us in a way to inspire. I looked forward to reading the verses evry day and night when I could.
Schramm
A one page daily read. It provides inspiration for the day. For those who are in a rush all the time, you can slow down for a short five minutes to read the page with scripture and reflect on your reading. All in five minutes.
Sam
These daily moments have been an inspiration to read each morning. Lucado's down home writing style brings each day a new perspective into God's Word. This book is definitely worth re-reading in the days and years to come.
Troy
This is my daily devotional book.

In it, Max provides a short story for each day of the year, just a couple of paragraphs, easy to digest. They make you think, and for me help me to focus my mind before I do my morning prayers
Mackenzie
Love Max Lucado. Good, very inspirational devotionals. Short, but very thought-provoking and inspiring. Lends a new perspective to the dynamics of a relationship between the Heavenly father and His children.
Frans Karlsson
Got this book from my wife as a Christmas present. I like the way Lucado in a good way brings you a message everyday to ponder and think about. I enjoyed it the whole year. My wife is now reading it.
Alena
Max is an amazing author. I know few authors who can pack as much punch into a couple of paragraphs as he can. He has given me much food for thought. I am reading this book as a daily devotional.
Hilda
I keep this book at my bedside and read from it each night.
It is a small book but it packs alot of wisdom and inspiration in the daily devotions.

Thank-you Cassie for this gift of love!
Nicole Turturice
Great way to get a daily devotion in I read this everyday, it's amazing how when u read something on year and go back to that same page a year later how you find new meaning for the devotion!
Susan
Devotional for the year round, but I am reading it during Lent. I like the quiet cover, the feel of the book (small, weighty volume) and the short paragraphs per page.
  • The Bible Promise Book - KJV
  • Breaking Free: Discover the Victory of Total Surrender
  • Lord, I Want to Know You: A Devotional Study on the Names of God
  • The Grace Awakening: Believing in Grace Is One Thing. Living It Is Another.
  • Peace with God: The Secret Happiness
  • The Case for Christmas: A Journalist Investigates the Identity of the Child in the Manger
  • Voices of the Faithful
  • A Shepherd Looks at Psalm 23
  • The Power of a Praying Parent
  • A Life God Rewards: Why Everything You Do Today Matters Forever
  • Becoming a Woman of Excellence
Max Lucado has touched millions with his signature storytelling writing style. Awards and accolades follow Max with each book he writes. Max is the first author to win the Gold Medallion Christian Book of the Year three times—1999 for Just Like Jesus, 1997 for In the Grip of Grace and 1995 for When God Whispers Your Name. In 2005, Reader’s Digest dubbed him “America’s Best Preacher.” In addition, ...more
More about Max Lucado...
You Are Special He Chose the Nails Facing Your Giants In the Grip of Grace: You Can't Fall Beyond His Love Fearless: Imagine Your Life Without Fear

“When God looks at you, he doesn’t see you; he sees the One who surrounds you. That means that failure is not a concern for you. Your victory is secure.” 73 likes
“Though you see nothing, he is acting.” 58 likes