Start by marking “Walt Disney's Story Land: 55 Favorite Stories” as Want to Read:
Walt Disney's Story Land: 55 Favorite Stories

Walt Disney's Story Land: 55 Favorite Stories

4.07 of 5 stars 4.07  ·  rating details  ·  130 ratings  ·  15 reviews
More than 50 beloved stories, many adapted from classic Walt Disney films, have been brought together in this new and revised 320-page volume, illustrated in color.
Hardcover
Published 1991 by Western Publishing Company (first published May 1962)

To ask other readers questions about Walt Disney's Story Land, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Walt Disney's Story Land

Possibly one of my favorite books of childhood. There are so many stories in here, all of them made into cartoons or full-length features. There are so many stories in here that I've forgotten about, or never read, or which have been rotated out of viewing because of sensitivity and political-correctness issues, but they are still part of the Disney history, so they cannot be erased.

I wish the Disney channel would get back to airing old shorts or showing these older cartoons, instead of the teen
Syrena
It was cute, I love Disney and I read a story or two to my very much younger sister before bed and she loved it!
Lisa Seaman
I have had this book since I was a child. I spent many an hour immersed in its pages.
Kirei
These are stories taken from Disney movies and cartoons. There are many I have never heard of! The quality varies depending on the stories. Some are written by talented writers like Bill Peet and Margaret Wise Brown. Some are sexist, in typical Disney fashion. Some come from an American point of view (for example, "Ben and Me" and "Davey Crockett.")

Meltha
Another one of those favorite storybooks from when I was little. I remember the really strange one with the kid who met the dragon who gave everybody lemonade (though I think a later edition dropped that one), and the rabbit who painted sunsets (though that was a sad one), and the story of Goofy's rise to fame... yeah, this was good old-fashioned Disney.
Ashle Oaks
Overall this is a good collection of stories. I found some interesting and some incredibly boring. There are some stories in here filled with racism and sexism which isn't surprising since this is Disney, but aside from those stories, it's great for reading aloud with children.
Tiffany
Another favorite of mine as a kid. So many favorite Disney stories, like Bambi, Dumbo, Peter Pan, Cinderella, etc.
Sasha
This one is a bit of nostalgia from when my grandmother used to read me stories from am earlier edition.
Summer
I read this over and over and stared at the pictures for hours as a kid. I still have my very beat up copy.
Laura Herrera
I loved all these classic stories in the book. I also enjo watching some of them in short clips at home. :)
Christina
I read this book so many times as a kid that the binding is falling off.
Veronica
Over 50 Disney stories and memories? How much better can it get (o:
Brittany
A wonderful collection of stories for any Disney fan.
Jenn
Love my disney fairy tales!!
Bonnie Chiu
Bonnie Chiu marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2014
Covy
Covy added it
Nov 14, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2014
Marvin
Marvin marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2014
  • The Story of Helen Keller
  • Gods, Demigods and Demons: An Encyclopedia of Greek Mythology
  • Six by Seuss
  • Eight Silly Monkeys Jumping on the Bed
  • Garfield Loses His Feet (Garfield Classics #9)
  • Aesop's Fables
  • God Found Us You
  • Curious George Goes to an Ice Cream Shop
  • The Black Stallion Revolts (The Black Stallion, #9)
  • Moja Means One: Swahili Counting Book
  • Tales of the Resistance (Tales of the Kingdom, #2)
  • Grover and the Everything in the Whole Wide World Museum
  • Baby Animals
  • I Love You More
Note: The decision was made to consolidate all Disney publications under the name Walt Disney Company. This profile is for Walt Disney, the characters he created, and the company he founded. Any questions, please ask in the Librarian's Group.

Walter Elias "Walt" Disney (December 5, 1901 – December 15, 1966) was an American film producer, director, screenwriter, voice actor, animator, entrepreneur,
More about Walt Disney Company...
Dumbo: A Little Golden Book Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (Little Golden Book) Winnie the Pooh and Tigger Too (Disney's Wonderful World of Reading) Bambi (Disney Bambi) Aladdin (Disney's Wonderful World of Reading)