Start by marking “The Magic in Your Touch (Reed, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Magic in Your Touch (Reed, #1)

The Magic in Your Touch (Reed #1)

3.94 of 5 stars 3.94  ·  rating details  ·  349 ratings  ·  45 reviews
When Dr. Nathan "Nate" Morris moves to Reed, Illinois to open a medical practice, he's looking forward to putting the past--and his homophobic family--behind him. When Nate is attacked outside his office late one night in an apparent gay bashing, he starts to wonder if maybe the good folks of Reed aren't as accepting as he thought.

Sheriff Brandon Nash, an openly gay man h
Published June 1st 2005 by P.D. Publishing, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about The Magic in Your Touch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Magic in Your Touch

Faith & Fidelity by Tere MichaelsPromises by Marie SextonHot Head by Damon SuedeCrossing Borders by Z.A. MaxfieldThe Tin Star by J.L. Langley
Best Gay "Virginal" Characters
89th out of 566 books — 802 voters
Cut & Run by Abigail RouxZero at the Bone by Jane SevilleHot Head by Damon SuedeFaith & Fidelity by Tere MichaelsPromises by Marie Sexton
Favorite Gay Couples
256th out of 1,929 books — 2,464 voters

More lists with this book...

Nichole (Dirty H)
If I were to make a checklist of all the things I hate in an m/m romance - slash - small press e-book, this book would get checks across the board.
Spelling and punctuation errors? check.
Ridiculous, eyeroll worthy plot? check.
Love at first sight? check.
Main characters are chicks with dicks? check.
Small but obvious inaccuracies? check. (Pretty sure you can't get a restraining order on someone just because you don't like them. I think you have to have some kind of proof that they're a danger to you
Amanda
Loved it! I normally solve these mystery stories within the first couple of chapters. Not this one. It was sweet, romantic, and managed to surprise me.
Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions
I only 25% and I do like it. It's funny and charming... But the pet names and stuff are annoying. And the big bad sheriff faints!! That was just like wtf for me.

And the crying! Grow up ladies! I'm all for emotional expressiveness but all these guys are just crying while talking about the littlest things. The crying is too much even for a female character from those old harriqueer romances

this is like instant everything. like marry me or i'll die without after like no time at all. i'll use pict
Deeze
A fantastic read. A well told story with real characters. I highly recomend.

I've left this far too long to update. This book will always have a special place in my heart as it was my very first bought in print MM romance lol. I read it free on line first so for me to then go and buy it has to be good.

Sara has a way with words that just drew me in from the start. The twists and turns of her plot might be a little too much for some people but overall for me it just kept me guessing like a good fi
Wade
I enjoyed this book. It was recommended and I am glad I took the time to FIND a paperback online, I am only sorry that it took me so long to finish. (Life stuff got in the way in December.)

Sara Bell's first novel was an interesting book to read. I can not tell you how many times I was on the edge of my seat! She had me guessing and I could not predict the outcome. (that's a plus!) I found Nathan and Brandon believable and charming together. I liked the plot twists and ongoing investigation amids
Tiya Rosa
Awful, awful, awful. This went from "the author might have just been smoking something" to "what the fuck man, am I being Punk'd?!"

The thing is filled with cliches from the token over-the-top homophobic father to the cackling evil mastermind (view spoiler). The clues to solving the mystery came with their own foreshadowing background music I was surprised no one in that uber-supportive-to-the-point-of-are
Chris
Meh m/m romance from an author whose more recent work I really love. Chicks with dicks, insta-love, stalker(s)... *sigh*
Elisa Rolle
This is a strange novel since it has unexpected layers. Apparently it’s an almost sugary romance, full of good feelings and happy families directly out of a afternoon tv show: Reed, Illinois, few minutes from Chicago, seems an utopian little town; the Chief Sheriff is an handsome and gay young man, Brandon Nash; most of the local business are owned by gay and lesbian couple; the local pastor has a gay son and has nothing against the idea of marrying same sex couples; Brandon’s family is like a b ...more
Ami
Thank God I was introduced to Sara Bell through one of her recent story ... because if I read this one first, there is no way I will follow up with her stories.

This one is Sara Bell's first stoy, I think. MY GOD, it's just plain bad. It's chicks with dicks, that's for sure. While the mystery is pretty decent, but the sugary syrupy sweet "love" story between Brandon and Nate made me want to gag in honesty. I can fall for sappy stories but man!!! The crying, the overused of terms of endearment. I
T.T. Kove
Heller
This was too sweet for me. Interesting characters but both them and the storyline were a little to unrealistic and overly dramatic. A fun read though, almost a bit like a fairytale.
Candice
Reread
JustJen "Miss Conduct"
What I loved: the mystery; twists and turns; funny lines; thinking I figured things out only to be wrong each time; the layers being peeled back up to the very end; and I also loved many of the characters.

What I didn't love: the insta love between Brandon and Nate; the overusage of pet names, especially after only knowing each other a few days; the contradiction in maturity in that they did not seem to act their ages; and that Nate seemed to cry an awful lot.

Overall, I really enjoyed this story
momokaachan
This deserves a 5-star read. The reason why not?

Aaargh...SOMEONE used spellcheck instead of editing the text properly. I am very sad about this, because I enjoyed the novel very much. The plot was well developed, the characters were sympathetic. I could almost forgive the references to 'loosing' instead of 'losing' and so forth.

Mostly, a good read.
R.B.
3.5 *
It was nice story with lot of twist and turns to keep me glued to the pages. Nathan and Brandon were lovely couple but their love making lacked the spark.
Blue Bayou .
It was like really dry brittle sugar cookies. Dry because the sex was dry (even with lube), brittle because I got frustrated reading and I was chewing my nails. Sugary sweet sentiments from overly manly gay men who dont look/act gay and the cookie part well it was a cookie cutter story. There was a lot of 'extras' that tried to make the story/characters worthwhile but it failed. I have so many questions but just dont have the energy or concern to ask them. I wholeheartly agree with Nicole H revi ...more
Candice
To be honest, I was bummed this wasn't available on Amazon. I had to read it on my laptop and well, my eyes hurt now. Cool it was free, but bad for my eyes.

I loved the "whodunit". I thought that Brandon and Nate's pet names were a little much, but I got over that.

I LOVED the Nash clan. Holy moly, spicy guacamole! Seriously, they are the best. Especially Grandma Taylor ;)

There were some errors that were annoying like lose/loose! ARGH!

This was dialogue heavy which was nice. I enjoy dialogue heav
Sadonna
This is an above average romance built within a murder mystery. Even though I figured out the bad guys pretty early on, I still enjoyed the unveiling of the plot as it was cleverly written. The only thing a little bit niggling was a bit of insta-love between Brandon and Nathan. The characters of both of the men's families were well written and I did like the more realistic approach to the traumatizing of Nate during the various crises of the story. Also Brandon's grandmother is a hoot.

This is n
Holly
It was ok. It written fairly well (despite a severe lose/loose problem). Nicely formatted. And it was a free online read so it was a good way to pass some spare time at the computer.

I really read it for the mystery plot, which was very good. I did wind up guessing whodunit but I did get the motive completely wrong. And there was a twist on the whoodunit that I completely did not see coming. So, good mystery!

However, the relationship plot . .. ech. Total Insta-Love! And it went from there.

So. If
blub
4.5 Stars

It's a really sweet story. The only probably I had with it was that at times Nathan became really annoying because of his saintly behavior and I felt that he just forgave everyone too easily. Also I found it to be too convenient that when Brandon and Nathan met someone new that person would be okay with gays because someone they loved was gay (ex. the FBI agent who had a older son who was gay). It was a bit unbelievable the amount of times this happened (well it seemed that way to me an
Betryal
HA! Unlike the first one that blew my mind, I was able to figure out the who-done-it well into the story. If you really think about it it wasn't that hard to figure it out :snickering: It was right there in plain eyesight, but other than that the book still held intrigue and suspense.

What was hard to read was that this author couldn't have been further from the truth when the story elaborated on psycho Doc and his methods of reversing being gay and the part about institutes and camps for that v
BWT (Belen)
This was horrible. Straight up bad. But it was like train wreck bad, you know? Where it's horrible, but you can't turn away?

I have liked Sara Bell's books in the past. If you're looking for one of hers to read, I would recommend you choose any other one.

Seriously, I cannot imagine you would not feel reading this particular book was a waste of your time.

So, so bad.
Meggie
This story is really well developed and written. The atmosphere was intense, active and full of humor. I loved it. The main mystery was truly well plotted, nicely done. Only sex scenes between Nathan and Brandon didn't fit. I mean everything was so well written and plotted, but sex scenes were just rushed and there were no true feelings I could feel at all. I really missed that. But in general well written mystery story. Highly recommended.
Elyssia Spellsinger
The book that made me fall in love with Sara's writing!
Cathy Brockman
This is a very involved and complicated story. Here is a quick rundown
Nate and his best firend Amy and her husband Mike moved to Reed to open a private practice. One of the reasons they chose this town is becasue it is suppose to be very gay friendly. One day Nate is leaving his office and gets hit over the head. Brandon, the Sherrif shows up and tells Nate it cant be a gay bashing the towns gay friendly and htey never have hate crimes, he takes Nate to Chicago for MRI where we meet Nates brothe
Ravyn
I have to admit, I was initially turned off to the idea of reading this book because of its cheesy cover. But you know what they say about judging a book by its cover...

As it turned out, this book was a great read. Part romance and part mystery, the story manages to have something for everyone to appreciate.

The main characters, Dr. Nathan Morris and Sheriff Brandon Nash, first meet after Nathan is assaulted in what initially appears to be a hate crime. The mutual attraction between Nathan and B
Racquel
I could nitpick and find a few errors here and there but the story was good from the first line. I met these characters when I read the 2nd novel in this series first. I thought it would be pointless to read this one due to spoilers but I was wrong. great novel. I would recommend this if you like insta-love a little angst and sexy men.
Delena666
2.5*

I have to start with the fact that I finished it which is always a plus for any book I read.

I love plots with love at first sight, but this one was too 'instant' even for me. The drama was layed on thick layer after layer after layer.
The only positive thing I can say about the plot is mystery - I would say the only reason I finished the book at all. Otherwise the world and secondary characters are not believable in the least. Bad guys are just bad and everyone else is too supportive to the p
Raevyn
This was the second time I'd read this book and I liked it just as much as the first time. It's been over a year so I could not remember everything about the story. This story has a little of everything... romance, angst, family drama, mystery, suspense, and pretty hot sex.

I have to say that even with reading it before, it took me until almost the end to figure out who did it.

The story was good, but the editing left a lot to be desired. Also, there were characters that were a huge part of the st
  • A Deadly Game (A Nick Fallon Investigation, #1)
  • Double Down (Shadow of the Templar, #2)
  • Hide Out (Private Dicks, #2)
  • Lipstick and Handguns (Lawful Disorder, #1)
  • Like Pizza and Beer (Dino Martini Mysteries, #2)
  • When Irish Eyes Are Sparkling (O’Shaughnessys #2)
  • Amor En Retrogrado (Bill Turner, #1)
  • Blood Heat (Dangerous Ground, #3)
  • Why I Love Geeks (Why I Love... #1)
  • 72 Hours
  • Breaking Cover (Life Lessons, #2)
  • Naked Dragon
  • Gambling On Maybe (GlitterBomb!, #1)
  • Melting Ice 1 (Melting Ice, #1)
  • Out of My Mind
  • Dance in the Dark (Dance with the Devil, #2)
  • Second Wind
  • A Matter of Time (A Matter of Time #4)
Sara Bell lives in North Alabama with the world's sexiest, most supportive husband, the two most beautiful, gifted daughters on the planet, and two of the most neurotic but loveable dogs ever created. She's a full-time author who writes stories about never-ending love for all kinds of characters--gay, straight, and somewhere in-between. Sara still can't believe she gets paid to do something she lo ...more
More about Sara Bell...

Reed (2 books)
  • The Way You Say My Name (Reed, #2)
The Devil's Fire (The Kingdom of Orielle, #1) The Manny The Way You Say My Name (Reed, #2) Aquamarine Heart Song

“Megan had accustomed herself to receiving the third degree about her dates.
His name is Dillon Carver.He's the same age as me, and also a senior. He has no family history of insanity or premature baldness. He doesn't smoke, drink or do drugs, but he does have a vicious Dr Pepper habit. I'll let you know how big his penis is after the dance.”
4 likes