Start by marking “My Mother's Wish: An American Christmas Carol” as Want to Read:
My Mother's Wish: An American Christmas Carol

My Mother's Wish: An American Christmas Carol

3.56 of 5 stars 3.56  ·  rating details  ·  48 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Something strange is brewing
at the Comeback Café

A grandfather’s song has turned a diner into hallowed ground. A contrary girl with a gypsy heart feels the tug of home. And a truck driver named Jedidiah keeps his foot on the gas, ready to sweep you into an unforgettable story of belonging and grace.

It’s the 1960s Midwest, and Ellee Crumb wants to change the world, starting
Published September 16th 2008 by WaterBrook Press

To ask other readers questions about My Mother's Wish, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Mother's Wish

Penelope Bartotto
My Mother's Wish: An American Christmas Carol is a perfect little treat of literature for any reader. A pocket book that I grabbed over a year ago in one of my many bookstore raids, I reached onto my reading shelf and this came up. Humorous and yet emotionally touching it made me giggle and cry. Camery-Hoggatt simply hit the nail on the head, and made a shining star that need not be limited to the holiday season for a read. Yes, it happens at Christmas, but the story being told is relevant all y ...more
Barb
I enjoyed this book although it was way too short. It was written through the exagerated thought processes of a middle school girl and I found that I think like she did - I enjoyed following it (like the three armed waitress who didn't really have three arms but doesn't it seem like some really good waitresses do)?

Read it - it's quick and quirky.
Darbyscloset
Story of a female teen who matures emotionally during one Christmas season. Through her experience she learns about the love her life does hold, from and for others. This book will bring you smiles, giggles and make your eyes water just to the brink.
Stacy
A small book, quick read at Christmas, but not what I normally like. It has a good message, but it was a little too quirky and much too short for me. I couldn't get invested in the characters before it was finished.
Donna Jo Atwood
Ellee has never been the Eleanor that her mother wants her to be. She has struggled all her short life to be who she really is, to the point that she has run away. Now it's time to run to.
Becky
I really liked this book but wished the author would have written more. I felt like it ended a little too abruptly. Very cute though!
Carli
Amusing and brilliant. I wish this were a full-length book because I loved the character of Ellee so much.
Karencita
SO UNEXPECTED... and EXCELLENT! I loved it, and you will, too! It's on my GIFTS TO GIVE list this year!
Pat
I found this book confusing. I wasn't sure if it was telling a real story of a fantasy.
Jamie
My husband's great-aunt sent us this story. It's a cute, simple, heartwarming read.
 Barb Bailey
A sweet little Christmas book, read in 1 hour ! Also a good book for Mothers Day !
Alissa
This story was a little bizarre at times but was a nice short holiday tale.
Terri
I loved this book! Maybe there is
a reason one's mother is the way
she is.
 Emmy's Grammy (Susan)
This was unusual, and ok...nothing to get too excited about.
Elaine
Good ending.
Patti Mullin
Patti Mullin marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2014
Don
Don marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2014
Alicia House
Alicia House marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2014
Hannah-Grace
Hannah-Grace marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2013
Melissa Shaw
Melissa Shaw marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2013
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2013
Kathryn
Kathryn marked it as to-read
May 13, 2013
Crystel
Crystel marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2013
Seamus Roche
Seamus Roche marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
When Mother Was Eleven-Foot-Four: A Christmas Memory Reading the Good Book Well: A Guide to Biblical Interpretation Giver of Gifts: Three Stories of Christmas Grace Speaking of God: Reading and Preaching the Word of God Irony in Mark's Gospel: Text and Subtext