Start by marking “Outcasts: Short Stories by Nick Wisseman” as Want to Read:
Outcasts: Short Stories by Nick Wisseman

Outcasts: Short Stories by Nick Wisseman

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating Details ·  4 Ratings  ·  3 Reviews
Unwilling saviors, fumbling gods, speechless leaders, helpless villains, misguided detectives, abandoned heroes, misled daughters, repentant adulterers, murdered authors, jilted conquerors...

These are my outcasts.

And these are their stories.

The following were originally published under the pen name Tom C. Underhill:
“Branded Faith” first appeared in Bewildering Stories, iss
Published (first published February 27th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Outcasts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Outcasts

Flora Smith
Jun 07, 2012 Flora Smith rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi, short-stories
I received a free copy of this book for review.

This was a wonderful of short stories. Overall I gave it 4 stars but of course some of the stories are more and some a bit less but all are good and very much worth reading.

Ghostwriter I had read previously and gave 5 stars. This short story begins with the unknown author asking for your help with vengenance against someone who has murdered his family and mentor. As you read on he explains that just reading the story to the end will be enough for h
Kelly
Apr 18, 2012 Kelly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very solid four star rating for the collection as a whole. Underhill's writing reminds me of Hemingway, he likes to hint around a situation, let the characters sort of fumble their way through it, rarely giving a bigger outline or a clearer view. He uses allusion and subtlety to truly devastating effect. When I started reading these stories, I took notes so that I would be able to keep the stories straight and my impressions of them. I probably didn't need to. Every story is clearly defined, ...more
Donald Armfield
A big thanks to author for giving me a gift copy of this book.

Ghost Writer: To kill a man or not to. That is the question? The writer here asks of you to murder someone in any manner of your choice. 4 Stars

Branded Faith: A tale of a monk with a back and forth dialogue of a unamed man. Very interesting! 5 Stars

Time Trick: A mans penis is playing tricks on him. Flashbacks of previous sex partners. But ending in prison he finds the real reason. 3 Stars.

Permanence: A platoon caught on an island aft
David Campbell
David Campbell rated it really liked it
May 29, 2012
Grampy
Grampy marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2012
Theresa
Theresa marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2013
Khalid
Khalid marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2014
Kaethe
Kaethe added it
Aug 24, 2015
Gayle
Gayle marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2016
Creative Reviews: Fantasy/sci-fi/paranormal short stories 1 2 Aug 28, 2012 06:05AM
Nick Wisseman lives in Bear Lake, Michigan with his wife, daughter, fifty cats, twenty horses, and ten dogs. (Okay, so there are actually ten times less pets than that, but most days it feels like more). He's not quite sure why he loves writing twisted fiction, but there's no stopping the weirdness once he's in front of a computer.
More about Nick Wisseman...