Start by marking “Killerbowl” as Want to Read:
Killerbowl
Preview

Killerbowl

3.92 of 5 stars 3.92  ·  rating details  ·  37 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Thirty years in the future, the ultraviolent sport of Professional Street Football, a phenomenally popular 24-four-hour-long athletic event, combines pro football with mixed martial arts and armed combat. On New Years day, quarterback T.K. Mann plays the most dangerous game of his life, the game known as Killerbowl! This is the first novel by Gary K. Wolf, famed creator of ...more
Unknown Binding, 161 pages
Published January 1st 1975 by DoubleDay

To ask other readers questions about Killerbowl, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Killerbowl

Jeff
Gary K. Wolf is an excellent writer who takes a very different slant on everything. This time it was violence and killing as a required part of football and the Superbowl of 2010. He creates some very memorable characters and a situation that is very easy to believe would happen. I hope his vision of the future never comes to pass, but we are heading that way fast.

My only criticism would be how long it takes to get to the end. He spends a lot of time describing a lot of games in detail and it sl
Kevin
I wrote notes for this one like I do for most every book I read, but I'm throwing them all away. Basically pretend someone came up to you (or in this case came up to Gary K. Wolf) and said, "Hey, so what if football was played on city streets instead of on a field oh and also players can kill each other. Write as much as you can about that, until you've exhausted everything there is to say. Should take you, I dunno, 200 pages or so."

$0.99 on the Amazon Kindle store will get you this experience.
Massimo Foglio
Fortunatamente il football non e' diventato cio' che preconizza questo racconto. La storia é comunque gradevole, anche se forzatamente cruenta. Molto bello l'intreccio "da film" tra il presente ed il passato che vi ci ha portato.
Finale atteso, ma ugualmente amaro, forse l'unica cosa che il racconto ha previato nei minimi particolari del football del nuovo millennio.
Kris
Umm, this is awesome (4.5). It's in the future and football is played across entire cities and to the death! I admit that some of my extreme love is because of the football thing, but the book is good in any case.
Jim
Ok, so I was a kid and read this during my summer library reading club. It was the first "science fictiony" book I ever read so I pay it an homage for that if nothing else :)
Elerwen
Letto parecchi anni fa, truce e violento al punto giusto.
Una lettura consigliata
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2014
Chris
Chris marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2014
Bizarro Jerri
Bizarro Jerri marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2014
Jacob
Jacob marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2014
Chris Southworth
Chris Southworth marked it as to-read
May 21, 2014
Ben Ostrander
Ben Ostrander marked it as to-read
May 20, 2014
Rua Nicolson
Rua Nicolson marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2014
Graham Woodward
Graham Woodward marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2014
Spino
Spino marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2014
Dan
Dan marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2013
Aaron Yashinsky
Aaron Yashinsky marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2013
C.
C. marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Who Censored Roger Rabbit? (Roger Rabbit, #1) Who P-P-P-Plugged Roger Rabbit? (Roger Rabbit, #2) Space Vulture Who Wacked Roger Rabbit? (Roger Rabbit, #3) The Resurrectionist