Start by marking “Stealing Trinity” as Want to Read:
Stealing Trinity

Stealing Trinity

3.69  ·  Rating Details  ·  364 Ratings  ·  25 Reviews
In the last days of WWII, the Third Reich makes a desperate grab to retrieve its most valuable asset, Die Wespe, a spy buried deep in the Manhattan Project. The man chosen for this mission is Alexander Braun---American born, Harvard educated, and a ruthless killer. British Intelligence learns of the Nazi plan. Unable to convince their American counterparts of the magnitude ...more
Published October 1st 2008 by Oceanview Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Stealing Trinity, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stealing Trinity

Katherine Humer
Jan 31, 2013 Katherine Humer rated it it was amazing
This book was a great read. It was centered around the manhattan project and the atomic bomb. It is a thriller and keeps you turning the pages to see what happens next. I really enjoyed it! A fun read!
Ed
Jan 31, 2015 Ed rated it really liked it
Spy-Counterspy towards the end of WWII. The title of this 2008 novel, of course, refers to Trinity as the code name for the first nuclear explosion, as part of the Manhattan Project.

Thriller - In the waning days of WWII Berlin, three top Nazis meet to finalize a plan to restore the Reich. They send Alex Braun, a Harvard educated soldier from the Russian Front on a mission to the US to meet an agent, Die Wespe, who has infiltrated the Manhattan Project. Major Michael Thatcher, British Intelligenc
Michael Feeney
Oct 02, 2012 Michael Feeney rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of Historical Fiction, Thrillers
Shelves: own
Impulse buy; picked up as Kindle deal of the day months ago and picked away at it a bit at a time before seriously powering through it recently. Very glad I did.

Very different than my usual read, but that's the whole point, isn't it? I can easily see why historical fiction is such a popular genre. This sort of "What if" thinking is natural to everyone, and so makes for an inexhaustible supply of scenarios.

This one is quite simple in the telling: the pursuit of a loose thread; a Nazi agent tasked
A.L. Sowards
This was a fun read. I thought the concept was pretty awesome: as Berlin crumbles around them, a few of Hitler’s minions devise a desperate plan to steal America’s atomic secrets and rebuild the Third Reich. They already have a scientist imbedded in the Manhattan Project, so they just need someone to go get him and his information. They pick Alex Braun because he used to live in the US. He agrees to the job, because you don’t say no the the SD, and because, hey, who wouldn’t want out of Berlin i ...more
Helen
Nov 02, 2015 Helen rated it it was amazing
This is my second book by mr Larson and all I can say is there no end to this mans knowledge on a mechanical level. In fly by wire it was aviation. This time it is an In depth knowledge of espionage and shipping at the end of WW2. A good story which was mostly well done. The only niggle was a series of coincidences which I did not find that plausible. For instance Braun and Lydia arriving almost at the same time at some rinky dink train station in the Midwest.
Applefruit
Nov 24, 2014 Applefruit rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book, and I'm becoming a true Ward Larsen fan. This story is set after WWII. Alexander Braun, a ruthless Nazi, is hunted by British Major Michael Thatcher. The story is not a typical cat-and-mouse game at all. Braun is a fascinating character, and unfortunately I was much more interested in him (the villain) than the hero, Thatcher. Overall, this was a good read.
Jim
Nov 12, 2012 Jim rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Thriller fans
The early part of this novel reminded me of "Day of the Jackel". The villain, Alex Braun, seems to be a sociopath who thinks nothing of killing to achieve his ends. He is tracked by a determined British agent driven, in part, by his own internal angst. The novel alternates the storyline between these two main characters and I found this to be interesting and made for easy reading. The later part of the novel reverts to the standard thriller format focusing more on far stretched coincidence and i ...more
Eddie
Feb 04, 2016 Eddie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
I liked this little book. A page turner. Nazis lose the war but send out a spy to steal the documents from The Manhattan Project for later use by escaped Nazi higher-ups who have gone to Argentina. Would make a good thriller movie starring Tom Cruise.
Barbara
Nov 15, 2015 Barbara rated it really liked it
Nice little spy story. Narrator was talented with different accents.
Marvin Suther
Nov 17, 2015 Marvin Suther rated it really liked it
Loved the premise and the characters. Nice Action
Jenn
Jul 19, 2012 Jenn rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2012, favorites
Period piece set around the Manhattan Project and the end of WWII. I wasn't so sure I was going to like this when I started it, but it just kept building and building that I couldn't help but read as much as I could during the day and again later at night after giving my hands a rest, reading until I was literally dropping my phone on the floor because I was so tired and been up so late reading.

If you like espionage and chases over countries and continents, men with honor or twisted senses of it
Chuck
Sep 19, 2011 Chuck rated it liked it
It seems I can only go so long without reading a Los Alamos, NM, Manhattan Project, Nazi spy story. This was my most recent fix. The project is nearing completion and Die Wespe, the Nazi spy has collected the secrets but has no way to transmit them back to the Fatherland. The solution; send in an action hero to extricate him and bring the documents back. The Allies retaliate by putting their ace spy catcher on the case. The plot gets a little loose and far
fetched at that point. The climax was di
Travel Abroad
Feb 13, 2014 Travel Abroad rated it it was amazing
Great read!
Gregg Chiota
Jan 15, 2010 Gregg Chiota rated it liked it
Solid book using the Manhatten Project as its background and the intense effort of the crumbling German Reich to steal its secrets. Follows a British investigator to America in pursuit of a German spy who was charged in the last days of the Third Reich to rendevous with a German scientist who had secretly been stealing nuclear plans.
Jennie
May 09, 2009 Jennie rated it really liked it
This book is a great spy novel that takes place during WWII. It deals with a scientist/spy trying to smuggle out the secrets of the Manhattan project before the first atomic bomb is dropped. The story is very gripping and has interesting historical notes.
Carol
Feb 27, 2013 Carol rated it liked it
This book was pretty hard to get into in the beginning. It jumped around a lot and seemed to take a long time to get to the point. It picked up about half way through and ended pretty well. Basically, it's a so- so book in my opinion.
Ray
Sep 07, 2010 Ray rated it really liked it
Written cinematically, this book has everything needed for a blockbuster movie. The first thing I did after finishing it was to turn to page 1 and start again, to more fully appreciate the intricate twists.
Harry Forsdick
Aug 03, 2014 Harry Forsdick rated it liked it
Shelves: atomic-stories, spy
This is a pretty standard mystery hung around the development of the Atomic Bomb / Los Alamos story -- fun if you like mysteries or the Manhattan Project.
Audrey
Oct 05, 2012 Audrey rated it liked it
Had a few starts and stops. An average book. If you like WWII historical drama then you will like this book. If not, don't pick it up to read.
Wayne
Oct 21, 2012 Wayne rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction
Average spy thriller. Abrupt ending with no explanation as to what happened to the papers.
Mikehamer
Nov 23, 2011 Mikehamer rated it liked it
Enjoyable spy novel. Nothing outstanding but entertaining reading. Enjoyed the historical context.
Dennis Willingham
Nov 22, 2011 Dennis Willingham rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2011, fiction, kindle
Meh. A good story of WWII espionage wasted on flat characters and uninspired writing.
Jane O'Dea

Jul 06, 2012 Dave rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thrillers
Pedestrian WWII mystery.
Karen McGeary
Karen McGeary rated it really liked it
May 23, 2016
Mark Sullivan
Mark Sullivan is currently reading it
May 22, 2016
Viola
Viola rated it really liked it
May 20, 2016
Dennis
Dennis rated it liked it
May 19, 2016
Joseph Tortorici
Joseph Tortorici marked it as to-read
May 18, 2016
  • The Kill: A Hunt Country Suspense Novel
  • Chicago Lightning (Nathan Heller Short Stories, Volume 3)
  • Against the Light
  • Identity: Lost
  • Last Exit In New Jersey
  • The Witch (War-N-Wit, Inc., #1)
  • Blacklisted
  • The Deal
  • Deadly Currents (An RM Outdoor Adventures Mystery, #1)
  • The Siege of Washington: The Untold Story of the Twelve Days That Shook the Union
  • Eastern Inferno: The Journals of a German Panzerjager on the Eastern Front, 1941 43
  • Game Theory 101: The Basics
  • Murder in Jerusalem (Michael Ohayon, #6)
  • Finding Mr. Right
  • Von Ryan's Express
  • Fall from Grace
  • The Dark Side of the Island
  • The Soul Collector
Ward Larsen is the USA Today bestselling author of espionage thrillers. A three-time winner of the Florida Book Award, his first novel, The Perfect Assassin, is in pre-production as a motion picture with Amber Entertainment.
A former Air Force fighter pilot, he has also served as an airline captain, and is a trained aircraft accident investigator.
More about Ward Larsen...